020 3137 2316
Cheap flights to Maputo
Recent searches for return flights to Maputo
Airlines that operate flights to Maputo from UK
- British Airways
- Turkish Airlines
- TAAG Angola Airlines
- Ethiopian Airlines
- Iberia Air
- Tap Portugal
- Air France
How Long Is The Flight To Maputo?
- Heathrow to Maputo: 15 hours and 40 minutes
- Manchester to Maputo: 18 hours and 20 minutes
- Birmingham to Maputo: 19 hours and 10 minutes
What are the popular stopovers on flights to Maputo from UK?
The popular stopovers on flights to Maputo are Lisbon, Johannesburg, Addis Ababa, Doha, Dusseldorf and Paris. Bear in mind, one stop flights are only available from London Heathrow. If you opt for flights to Maputo from any other airport, you are most likely to book flights with two flight connections.
Which is the cheapest airline for flights to Maputo from UK?
Turkish Airlines offers cheapest flights to Maputo from the UK. As the airline departs mainly from Heathrow Airport, it touches down at Istanbul for a brief stopover before arriving at its final destination in Maputo. All you need is to keep your eyes on the cheapest season to grab the lowest fare that happens to be 469 GBP approximately.
What are the major international airports in Maputo?
Maputo city is served by Mavalane International Airport (MPM). The airport is only three kilometres away from the city centre. The airport is a regular destination for many of the world’s leading airlines.
What are the entry requirements to Maputo for British travellers?
British passport holders need to apply for the visa before they want to visit Mozambique. The Mozambican diplomatic mission present in the UK would process the visa in about a weeks time, at max. Upon entry, travellers may be required to show a return ticket or an invitation letter from a Mozambican citizen/organization at the border.
What is the best time to visit Maputo?
Months between May to November would be the best time to visit Maputo. The winter is nice and dry, and the environment is pleasant. It is highly discouraged to go to Maputo in January and February due to the cyclone season. The average temperature in Maputo lingers between 15° C to 30° C throughout the year.
What are the major landmarks in Maputo?
There are many major landmarks in the city of Maputo. Many celebrate the colonial past of the country, while others bring the observer closer to the national spirit of Mozambique.
- The Iglesia de San Antonio de la Polana or the Lemon-squeezer is a cathedral in Maputo. Tourists usually visit the edifice because of its unusual architecture.
- Wonder at the beauty of the Maputo Central Train Station. It is regarded as among the most gorgeous train stations in the entire world.
- Enter the Iron House and be amazed at the construction of the structure. The building is made entirely out of steel by none other than Gustav Eiffel, the architect of the Eiffel tower in Paris.
- The Mesquita de Baixa is the oldest mosque in Maputo. Watch the artistry, the motifs and the design of the newly renovated mosque that has been a part of Maputo since 1876.
Which events and festivals are celebrated in Maputo?
Maputo is the heart of Mozambique’s culture. Some suggest it is more the Mozambican capital of music, culture and joy first than it's Federal capital. In the month of May, the AZGO Festival fuses the air of Maputo with the rhythms of Africa. For three days, the best folk dancers and traditional musicians transcend the soul through space and time.
Which hotels and accommodation are available for stay in Maputo?
Maputo has a number of five star hotels but more economical accommodations are also available.
- Joli Guesthouse
- Lodge Quinta do Lourenco
- Afrin Prestige Hotel
- Polana Serena Hotel
- Resotel Hotel