Cheap flights to Ghana
Cheapest price to
(from London Heathrow)
fr £ 296.82
Recent searches for return flights to Ghana
Airlines that operates flights to ghana
- British Airways (BA)
- Royal Air Maroc (AT)
- KLM (KL)
- Lufthansa (LH)
- Emirates (EK)
- Kenya Airways (KQ)
- Brussels Airlines (SN)
- TAP Portugal (TP)
- Ethiopian Airlines (ET)
- Air France (AF)
Direct flights to Ghana from London with British airways.
Ghana international airlines used to operate direct flights from London Gatwick to Kotoka International Airport few years back . but now a days its only British airways which is operating direct flights from London heathrow to Accra , Ghana. British Airways extends its flight service to Ghana on daily basis. Flight departs on Boeing 744 from London Heathrow at 1400 hours and is expected to reach Accra at 1935 hours. An average price for a flight ticket to Ghana can range from minimum 440 GBP and it can go up to maximum 1000 GBP in the high season.
How to book a flight to Ghana with travelhouseuk ?
Simply by dialing our reservation hotline (020 3137 2316), which will put you through to our our available travel agent. Your agent will answer all your questions and assist you throughout the booking process. Once you have settled on the dates and selected an airline to fly with, your e-ticket will be issued without delay. Call now and book your flight to Ghana today .
Which is the best time to book flights to Ghana for December 2019?
For those who have yet to start packing your bags for an African escape to Ghana, We at TravelhouseUK would like to inform you that the best time to book flights for Christmas 2019 season is right now. Book your flight now to avail the maximum benefit of booking low-cost seats to Ghana. As the Christmas season fast approaches the prices of the tickets and accommodations can rise at breakneck speeds. Avoid the huge dent in your bank account by booking the seats that have freshly landed in our system and have yet to incur any extra costs. The best time to book flights is always well ahead of time, which makes October the ideal months for grabbing a cheap vacation. In any case, let the agents at TravelhouseUK provide you with a great deal. Call us now and book flights in as low as 519 GBP with the reputed airlines from London Heathrow.
Average flight prices for flights to Ghana from UK
Usually price for a flight to Ghana from UK varies from £259 to £1100 depending on the seats availability and time of the year you are planning a visit to Ghana .
How long is the flight to Ghana from Heathrow or other airports in UK?
You can opt for direct flight or with a stopover . Flight duration will depend on your choice as direct flights take shortest time to reach their destinations. Even an addition of 1 hour stopover at connecting airport will extend the duration. 7 hours is the average time taken by direct flight whereas connecting flights can take up to 30 hours. We have listed below some airlines with their flight duration:
- London Heathrow to Accra with British Airways (LHR-ACC): 7 hours 05 minutes
- Flights with Royal Air Maroc from London Gatwick to Ghana via Casablanca (LGW-CMN-ACC):10 hours 10 minutes
- Birmingham to Accra flying with emirates (BHX-DXB-ACC): 20 hours 20 minutes
- TAP Portugal gives you options of Manchester, Gatwick and Heathrow via Lisbon. Minimum flight duration before you reach Ghana is 11 hours 30 minutes
- Ethiopian Airlines from London Heathrow makes stopover at Addis Ababa and average flight duration is 15 hours
- KLM offers flights via Amsterdam from London City, Manchester and Heathrow Airports, Minimum flight duration is 9 hours 30 minutes
When is the Cheapest time to book flights to Ghana ?
The climate remains mostly sunny and warm around the year but there are also few wet months as well. Best time to visit Ghana is during its dry season which occurs in months of November, December, January, February and March. Finding a cheap airfare to Ghana can prove a hard task in peak season. Ticket Prices to Ghana is highest in the month of july and December. If you want to avoid frustration, you should book in advance.
The off season or rainy season falls around April to Mid-July. Fewer visitors book flights in these months. If you are a budget-savvy explorer then off season is best for booking flights to Ghana. You can get best deals even in the months of August.
What Is The Weekly Schedule Of Airlines Flying To Ghana From UK?
Ghana is well connected with the rest of the world and particularly with the United Kingdom. Many European and African airlines fly in and out of Accra on a regular basis. British Airways flights to Ghana are most preferred because it’s the only airline to offer a direct flight from Heathrow to Ghana (ACC) throughout the week. People who want to fly with British Airways but reside in Birmingham or Manchester first need to come to London before they can depart for Ghana. Similarly, Air France, Lufthansa, Turkish Airlines, KLM and Royal Air Maroc all have connecting flights operating from the UK to Ghana on selected days, depending on the season and the availability of seats. Please plan your trip, at least three to four months in advance, to get the cheapest seats with the shortest flight duration.
How can i book flights from Ghana to UK ?
Travelhouseuk offers best economy airfares from Ghana to any airport in UK as well . You can sit back and just let us know the proposed dates of travel for any one from Ghana you want to book a flight for . Our competitive airfares for inbounds flights from Ghana to UK are better then what airfares are being offered in Ghana for flights to UK .
What is the weekly schedule of airlines flying to ghana from uk?
Ghana flights from London Heathrow
- British Airways (BA): British Airways is most-preferred being the only airline to offer direct flight from Heathrow to Ghana (ACC) throughout the week.
- Brussels Airlines (SN): Flight connections are available all through the week except Tuesday and Sunday.
- KLM (KL): En route to Accra, KLM get its jet flying on seven days a week.
- Tap Portugal (TP): Tap Portugal makes it way to Accra via Lisbon all through the seven days of the week consecutively.
- Air France (AF): Similarly, Air France extends its flight services regularly for Ghana from Monday to Sunday.
- Turkish Airlines (TK): You can get on board with the flight carrier of Turkish Airlines on any given day of the week, provided tickets are booked in advance.
- Lufthansa (LH): Operating flight connections with Brussels Airlines, Lufthansa makes its flight available all the seven days of the week.
- Ethiopia Airlines (ET): Ethiopian Airlines links Heathrow to Ghana regularly in a week.
- Emirates (EK): Emirates operates daily frequencies from the UK to Ghana (Accra) all the week.
- Kenya Airways (KQ): Monday to Sunday.
- Royal Air Maroc (AT): All the week except on Monday and Wednesday.
Flights from Manchester to Ghana
- Brussels Airlines (SN): Flights are available throughout the week except on Tuesday and Sunday.
- KLM (KL): Seven days a week.
- Air France (AF): Air France lifts-off daily to execute flights scheduled to Accra seven days a week.
- Royal air Maroc (AT): Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
- Emirates (EK): Emirates never fails to maintain its larger global network. Thus, operating flights daily for Manchester to Accra in a week.
Flights from Birmingham to Ghana
- Brussels Airlines : All the week except Tuesday and Sunday.
- Kenya Airways (KQ): Two-stop flight services are offered from Birmingham to Ghana on daily basis.
- KLM (KL): KLM operates flights on all the popular routes including (BHX-ACC) seven days a week.
- Air France (AF): Flights from Birmingham may be opted for Accra on any of the seven days of the week.
What are the major international airports in Ghana?
Two international airports serve the people of Ghana. The airports function both as a domestic hub and an international gateway for the country.
- Kotoka International Airport (ACC) in Accra is a major international airport serving the capital of the state. The airport has seen a series of refurbishments in recent years and now has a runway that can land larger, wide-body aircraft. In 2019, the airport saw about 2.5 million passengers moving in and out of the terminal doors. Kotoka International is only 8 kilometres from the Independence Square in Accra, which is located in the heart of the city. Via a car, the journey to the square from the airport is complete in about 20 minutes.
- Kumasi International Airport (KMS) is located in Kumasi, as the name suggests, which the capital of Ghana’s Ashanti Region. The Ashanti Region is known for its fertility, culture and gold deposits. It is not a busy International airport in Ghana, as most of the flights that fly off its runway have domestic destinations. Nevertheless, the airport entertains about 1 million passengers every year. Kumasi International Airport is only 6 kilometres away from the city centre.
What are the entry requirements to Ghana for British travellers?
The British passport holder needs a visa to enter Ghana. The traveller can acquire the permit from the Ghanaian High Commission in London. Please also note that though the validity date is printed on the visa, the immigration officer at the airport would stamp the number of days the visitor is allowed to stay in the country. Consider the stamped date as the correct validity date of your visa. Failing to exit the county before the permit expires, could result in fines and detention.
The British government advises all British citizens to get vaccinated against yellow fever and measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) well before travelling to Ghana for added health protection. Please consult the detailed British travel advisory before visiting Ghana.
When Is The Best Time To Visit Ghana?
There is little variation in the climate of Ghana throughout the year. The average temperature hovers between 26⁰ C to 30⁰C as the year progresses from January to December. There is a slight correlation between the number of tourists visiting Ghana and dry season, which lasts from November to March. More tourists arrive in Accra during these months than at any other time of the year, especially in the month of January. The country’s warm and sunny climate is quite welcoming for not only the Ghanaians returning home for the holidays but also explorers in search of a new adventure.Off-Peak Season:
There is no off-peak season when visiting Ghana. As mentioned above, the climate remains the same throughout the year, thanks to the country’s proximity to the equator and the moderating effect of the Atlantic Ocean on the weather of Ghana. In May, at the height of the rainy season, tourists and visitors are the scarcest on the streets of Ghana. The rainy season is not as intense, and the showers only improve the air quality of the country, especially in the north. During this month, there might be some decline in the prices of the airfare and accommodations, but do not count on that. The costs usually bounce back quickly in June, at the beginning of the summer vacations.
Baggage allowance for economy and business class flights from UK to Ghana
Paying fee for overweight baggage is surely a mood spoiler. No one likes this to happen when they are heading for a vacation. This is generally caused when you tend to overlook the baggage allowance of your airline. Consider flying with British Airways which allows 23 kg in Economy Class and 32 kg in Business Class flights. And, if you happen to be flying with the carrier of Nigeria, Arik Air permits 20 kg for Economy Class and 30 kg for Business Class. Then, the travelers who always rely on highly standard airlines of the world may opt to travel with Air France, which has a generous baggage policy for travelers from UK. You may carry one piece of 23 kg in Economy Class, two pieces of 23 kg each in Premium Economy and two pieces of 32 kg each in Business Class. No matter what, Emirates still stay on the top in terms ofmost favorable airlines of the world. It's free baggage allowance includes 35 kg in Economy Class, 40 kg in Business Class and 50 kg for First Class passengers. Those, who are looking for cheap one-stop flights with excessive baggage allowance, may choose to travel with TAP Portugal or Kenya Airways, both stands in line to offer two pieces of 23 kg with their Economy Class ticket.
Airports in Ghana
- Kotoka International Airport (ACC)
- Kumasi Airport (KMS)
Do I need a visa for Ghana with British passport ?
British Nationals do need a visa to Visit Ghana .