Cheap Flights To Ghana
Cheapest price to Ghana
(from London Heathrow)
fare was last inquired on Jun 13, 2017
020 3137 2316
Recent searches for return flights to Ghana
Airlines that operates flights to Ghana
- British Airways (BA - Direct flights to Ghana)
- Royal Air Maroc (AT)
- KLM (KL)
- Lufthansa (LH)
- Emirates (EK)
- Kenya Airways (KQ)
- Brussels Airlines (SN)
- TAP Portugal (TP)
- Ethiopian Airlines (ET)
- Egypt Air (MS)
- Air France (AF)
How long is the flight to Ghana?
You can opt for flights to Ghana with a stopover or a direct flight. Flight duration will depend on your choice as direct flights take shortest time to reach their destinations. Even an addition of 1 hour stopover at connecting airport will extend the duration. 7 hours is the average time taken by direct flight whereas connecting flights can take up to 30 hours. We have listed below some airlines with their flight duration:
- Direct flights to Ghana with British Airways from London Heathrow (LHR-ACC): 7 hours 05 minutes
- Flights with Royal Air Maroc from London Gatwick to Ghana via Casablanca (LGW-CMN-ACC):10 hours 10 minutes
- Emirates flights to Ghana via Dubai from Birmingham (BHX-DXB-ACC): 20 hours 20 minutes
- Kenya Airways flights for Ghana departs from Heathrow with a stopover at Nairobi(LHR-NBO-ACC):18 hours 10 minutes
- TAP Portugal gives you options of Manchester, Gatwick and Heathrow via Lisbon. Minimum flight duration before you reach Ghana is 11 hours 30 minutes
- Flights to Ghana with Ethiopian Airlines from London Heathrow makes stopover at Addis Ababa and average flight duration is 15 hours
- KLM offers flights to Ghana via Amsterdam from London City, Manchester and Heathrow Airports, Minimum flight duration is 9 hours 30 minutes
What is the weekly schedule of airlines flying to Ghana from UK?
- Flights to Ghana from London Heathrow
- British Airways (BA): British Airways offers daily direct flight from Heathrow to Ghana (ACC) throughout the week.
- Brussels Airlines (SN): Flight connections are available all through the week except Tuesday and Sunday.
- KLM (KL): En route to Accra, KLM get its jet flying on seven days a week.
- Tap Portugal (TP): Tap Portugal makes it way to Accra via Lisbon all through the seven days of the week consecutively.
- Air France (AF): Similarly, Air France extends its flight services regularly for Ghana from Monday to Sunday.
- Turkish Airlines (TK): You can get on board with the flight carrier of Turkish Airlines on any given day of the week, provided tickets are booked in advance.
- Lufthansa (LH): Operating flight connections with Brussels Airlines, Lufthansa makes its flight available all the seven days of the week.
- Ethiopia Airlines (ET): Ethiopian Airlines links Heathrow to Ghana regularly in a week.
- Emirates (EK): Emirates operates daily frequencies from the UK to Ghana (Accra) all the week.
- Kenya Airways (KQ): Monday to Sunday.
- Royal Air Maroc (AT): All the week except on Monday and Wednesday.
- Flights from Manchester to Ghana
- British Airways (BA): British Airways conducts flights on daily basis from Manchester to Accra while making a brief stopover at Heathrow.
- Brussels Airlines (SN): Flights are available throughout the week except on Tuesday and Sunday.
- KLM (KL): Seven days a week.
- Air France (AF): Air France lifts-off daily to execute flights scheduled to Accra seven days a week.
- Royal air Maroc (AT): Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
- Delta Airlines (DL): All the seven days of the week except Monday.
- Emirates (EK): Emirates never fails to maintain its larger global network. Thus, operating flights daily for Manchester to Accra in a week.
- Flights to Ghana from Birmingham
- United Airlines (UA): Flight connections are operated from Monday to Sunday, all through the week.
- Brussels Airlines : All the week except Tuesday and Sunday.
- Kenya Airways (KQ): Two-stop flight services are offered from Birmingham to Accra on daily basis.
- KLM (KL): KLM operates flights on all the popular routes including (BHX-ACC) seven days a week.
- Air France (AF): Flights from Birmingham may be opted for Accra on any of the seven days of the week.
Baggage allowance with different airlines while travelling to Ghana
Paying fee for overweight baggage is surely a mood spoiler. No one likes this to happen when they are heading for a vacation. This is generally caused when you tend to overlook the baggage allowance of your airline. Here is baggage allowance of some airlines for Ghana flights:
- British Airways' baggage allowance being offered for economy class flight is 2pcs each containing not more than 23 kg and for business class flights passengers British airways offers a generous 2pcs of 32 kg each and three pieces of 32kg each in first class.
- With Arik Air, you can take 20kg in economy class and 30kg in business class for Accra.
- Air France has baggage allowance of one piece of 23kg in economy, two pieces of 23kg each in premium economy, two pieces of 32kg each in business and three pieces of 32kg each in La Premiere class for flights to Accra.
- Emirates Airlines allows you to take 35kg in economy class (depending on fare type), 40kg in business class flights and 50kg in first class.
- With Lufthansa you can take 1 piece of 23kg in economy classic and economy flex whereas 2 bags of 32kg each in business class.
- TAP Portugal has baggage allowance of two pieces up to 23kg each in economy class and two pieces of 32kg each in flights for business class .
- Baggage allowance of Kenya Airways is two pieces of 23kg each in economy class and two pieces of 32kg each in premier world.
- Kotoka International Airport (ACC)
- Kumasi Airport (KMS)
Can I book flights from Ghana as well while sitting in UK?
Travelhouseuk offers flights to and from Ghana as well . You can sit back and just let us know the proposed dates of travel for any one from Ghana you want to book a flight for . Our competitive airfares for inbounds flights from Ghana to UK are better then what airfares are being offered in Ghana for flights to UK .
Best Time to Book Flights to Ghana
The climate remains mostly sunny and warm around the year but there are also few wet months as well. Best time to visit Ghana is during its dry season which occurs in months of November, December, January, February and March. Finding a cheap flight to Ghana can prove a hard task in peak season. Prices are highest in the month of December. If you want to avoid frustration, you should book in advance.
The off season or rainy season falls around April to Mid-July. Fewer visitors book flights in these months. If you are a budget-savvy explorer then off season is best for booking flights to Ghana. You can get best deals even in the months of August.
You will find variety of accommodation options in Ghana from luxury hotels to simple guesthouses and from fancy resorts to youth hostels. This means you can find a decent place for your stay without breaking your budget. Mid-range and luxury hotels are mainly situated in the center of Ghana cities whereas beach resorts are operating at the coast. There are spacious lodges with basic amenities for those who want cheap accommodation. These lodges have lounges, en-suite bathrooms, dedicated services, gardens and parking areas. You can also stay in mid-range hotels. They have nice infrastructure and large rooms.
International hotel chains are also operating in capital of Ghana and other big cities but these are expensive than other options. These hotels have swimming pools, suites and continental restaurants. Apartment complexes are a good option if you are ready to do your laundry and cooking.
Just like any other African country, Ghana is famous for its wildlife but there are other tourists’ attractions as well. Also the food of Ghana has a unique African taste. Following are few places and restaurants you must visit when you are in the country:
- Elmina Castle: Built by the Portuguese traders and later used by Dutch and British for slave trade. Now it has been preserved as national museum and UNESCO has declared itt a World Heritage Site.
- Labadi Beach Accra: It is one of the most beautiful beaches in the African continent. You can do number of activities like view acrobatic shows, performance of rasta groups, horse riding and hip-life dancing.
- Buka: This restaurant is located in Accra and famous for its dishes which are fusion of Togo, Nigeria, Cote d'Ivoire and Ghana cuisines. Their specialties are jollof rice, fish soup and grilled guinea fowl.
- Zion Thai Restaurant: The restaurant located in Osu is famous for its authentic Thai cuisine. All of the ingredients are grown in its garden.
Festivals in Ghana have not only have cultural value but also religiously, morally and politically important as well. Every tribe has its own festivals and celebrations. Following are celebrated by majority of population:
- Homowo Festival: It is widely celebrated by the Ghanaian people in months of August and September. Homowo in traditional language means hooting at hunger. People presents 'kpokpol' and streets are jammed with large processions. Accra is the main hub for this festival.
- Edina Buronya Festival: It is native version of Christmas celebrated on first Thursday of every New Year in Edina town. Citizens consider this time as a period to purify them and remember their dead.
- Adae and Akwasidae Festivals: It takes place in December every year by the Ashanti Kingdom. There are vibrant canopies and umbrellas, dancers, expert drummers, praise-singers and horn blowers.