Direct flights or flights with stopovers from UK to Philippines
- Philippine Airlines is the user’s choice and the only operator of direct flights from London Heathrow to Philippines’ Ninoy Aquino International Airport.
- Cathay Pacific is also a carrier of choice for connecting flights to Philippines (Manila) via Hong Kong; Cathay Pacific serves indirect routes from both the Heathrow Airport and the Manchester Airport. This airline also has an itinerary from Heathrow to Cebu.
- Travellers can choose connecting flights from the Heathrow Airport to the Ninoy Aquino International Airport, Manila, offered by Emirates Airlines. It also connects the Gatwick Airport, the Manchester Airport and the Birmingham Airport with Manila. In addition to covering those routes, Emirates also conducts indirect flights from Heathrow to Cebu, Birmingham to Cebu and Manchester to Cebu.
- Qatar Airways is another major competitor for indirect flights to Philippines- Ninoy Aquino International Airport- from the London Heathrow Airport, the Birmingham Airport and the Manchester Airport via Doha.
- Flights operated by Turkish Airlines scheduled for Philippines, Manila to be precise, take off from different airports including London (both Heathrow and Gatwick) and Manchester with stopovers at the airline’s hub- Istanbul.
- Another popular airline for UK to Philippines flights is the China Southern Airlines that operates itineraries from London Heathrow to Ninoy Aquino International Airport.
- Thai Airways is another big name in the aviation industry effectively operating UK to Philippines flights i.e. London Heathrow to Manila
- KLM’s coverage of popular routes to the capital of Philippines includes itineraries from the Birmingham Airport and the Manchester Airport.
Average flight duration between UK and airports in Philippines
Direct flights and connecting flights have varied duration. It depends on the flight route and time taken during the stopovers. The shortest flight duration for Philippines is 14 hours and 15 minutes, whereas the longest can take 41 hours. Waiting time at connecting airports ranges between 50 minutes to 24 hours. Here is a list of different airlines with their corresponding Philippines flight duration:
- Philippines Airlines operates only from London Heathrow Airport. However, it covers all international airports of Philippines. Its shortest flight duration in 13h 55m (direct flights) whereas longest is 52 hours.
- Turkish Airlines offers flights from London, Birmingham and Manchester airports to Ninoy Aquino Airport and Davao airports. Its minimum flight duration is around 17h 40m and maximum is 36h with stopover at Istanbul.
- With Emirates, you can fly to Ninoy Aquino Airport and Mactan-Cebu airports from major UK airports. All of its Philippines flights make a stopover at Dubai. The shortest flight time is 16h 55m and longest is 36h.
- Singapore Airlines being one of the most preffered airline for travellers taking flights to Philippines from UK takes an average of 18 Hours and 30 minutes with one stopover in Singapore.
- KLM usually make two stopovers while en-route to Philippines at Amsterdam and Taipei. Its shortest flight duration is 18h and longest is 39h 45m.
- Qatar Airways offers flights only to Ninoy Aquino Airport from main UK airports with a stopover at Doha. On average, its flights take 17h 30m.
- Etihad Airlines make stopover at Abu Dhabi during its journey to Philippines. Minimum flight duration is 18h 15m and maximum is 41h 50m.
Most opted routes for Philippines from UK airports.
- London Heathrow to Philippines (Ninoy Aquino Airport) flying direct with Philippines Airlines
- London Heathrow to Philippines (MNL) via Singapore with Singapore Airlines
- Manchester to Philippines via Dubai with Emirates
- Birmingham to Ninoy Aquino Airport via Abu Dhabi with Etihad Airways
- London Gatwick Airport to Philippines (MNL) via Dubai with Emirtates Airline
- Glasgow to Philippines (Ninoy Aquino Airport) with KLM flying via Amsterdam
- Heathrow to Philippines flying with either Thai Airways or Malaysia Airlines
Airlines' schedule for flights to Philippines from UK airports
Most airlines offer flights from London Heathrow Airport to capital city of Philippines.
- Philippines Airlines is one of them and it operates a daily direct flight to Philippines’ capital round the week.
- Turkish Airlines provides more options to travellers as its flights can be availed from major UK airports. Daily flights for different destinations of Philippines take off from Manchester, London and Birmingham airports.
- Emirates Airlines offers Philippines flights from Manchester, Birmingham, London Gatwick and Heathrow airports on daily basis.
- Qatar Airways also operates daily flights from London Heathrow, Manchester and Birmingham airports for Philippines.
Baggage allowance of popular airlines offering flights to major destinations in Philippines.
This aspect is important in choosing the right airline for your destination. Backpackers and businessmen prefer to pack smartly. However, tourists on vacations want more baggage allowance. Following are main airlines with their baggage allowance:
- With Philippines Airlines, you can take 2 pieces of 23kg each in economy class and 2 pieces of 32kg each in business class to all Philippines destinations.
- Turkish Airlines allows you to carry 25kg in economy class and 30kg in business class for any destination in Philippines.
- When you choose Emirates Airline, you can take 35kg in economy class (depending on fare type), 40kg in business class and 50kg in first class.
- Baggage allowance on Singapore Airlines flights is 30kg for economy class, 40kg for business class and 50kg for first class.
- KLM has checked baggage allowance of one piece of 23kg in economy class and Two pieces of 32kg each in business class flights for Philippines.
- Qatar Airways allows you to take 32kg in economy class, 40kg in business class and 50kg in first class to Manila.
- Baggage allowance on Etihad Airlines is 2 bag of 23kg each in economy class (depending on fare type), 2 bags of 32kg each in business and first class.
What is the best time to book Philippines Flights?
As Philippines lies in hot and tropical region, its climate can be divided into two seasons. Wet season starts from May and ends in October, whereas the dry season starts from November and ends in April. The dry season is the best time to visit Philippines. However, even during the wet months, rain is not extensive and most days are hot and sunny, with downpours only occurring at dusk.
The most pleasant months for travelling and exploring are January and February. From March to May, weather is really hot and temperature can reach up to 36°C. If you want to explore Philippines in wet season, then Palawan and Visayas are best, as these regions are less prone to typhoon.
What are different accommodation options available in Philippines?
Every tourist can easily find accommodation in Philippines according to his budget. You have lots of choices from luxury five-star hotels and resorts to simple huts and budget guesthouses and hotels. Budget hotels offer rooms with fan or A.C but breakfast is not included in the price. Mid-range hotels include separate bathroom and air conditioning. Luxury hotels are mainly found in Manila, Cebu and popular beach destinations.
If you want cheaper options than hotels, then you can either choose to stay in hostels or homestays. Most youth hostels are located in university cities. If you have a Hostelling International card, you can use it at YWCAs and YMCAs to avail discount. In rural areas, where hotels and resorts are not present, locals are willing to offer homestays on cheap rates. Homestays are a good way to get close with locals and their traditions.
Must to Visit Sites and Eateries in Philippines
Philippine is world famous for its hospitable locals, stunning beaches, big shopping malls and the most diverse wildlife. All of these perk with delicious but cheap food. Philippines food is a tasty mix of American, Malay, Spanish and Japanese cuisine. Below are major cities with their must to visit restaurants and sites:
Manila: The capital city of Philippines is the main hub for international tourists as most airlines are offering direct flights only to Ninoy Aquino Airport. Prominent places to visit are Rizal Park, San Agustin Church, and Cultural Center of the Philippines, Manila Ocean Park and National Museum of the Philippines. If you love to try new food then Buddha-Bar, Sushi Nori and Chun Chon are best in the city.
Cebu: Cebu city offers a great insight in Philippines culture and history with great food, natural and man-made wonders. The best places to visit are Jumalon Butterfly Sanctuary, Casa Gorordo Musuem, Basilica Minore del Santo Nino and Magellan's Cross. The most delicious food in town is served at Aranos, La Maison Rose and Sa Paolito's Seafood House.
Davao: Famous for its durian production, this city should be included in your itinerary. You can visit Philippines Eagle Center, Pearl Farm Beach Resort and Samal Island. Best restaurants in town are Rekado, Wild Berry and Garden by the Bay.
Annual events, celebrations & festivals
Exploring Philippines is incomplete without attending its mass festivals and celebrations. They not only showcase their culture and traditions but also their history and religious beliefs. Below are the most famous festivals of the country:
Ati-atihan Festival - This festival is celebrated from 16th to 22nd January to pay homage to Santo Niño (Infant Jesus). Dancing on the beats of tribal drums and wearing colorful costumes are part of the event.
Sinulog Festival - The patron saint of Cebu city, the Santo Niño, is honored by the locals in the 3rd week of January. The event is marked by street dancing, parades and colorful processions.
Masskara Festival - Celebrated in Bacolod city, the festival is a treat for tourists, photographers and art enthusiasts. From 14th to 21st October, streets are filled with locals wearing colorful costumes and masks.
Most Popular Flight Destinations
Does TravelHouseUK offer any special deals for Philippines flights?
TravelHouseUK does indeed have special offers in terms of increased baggage limits per passenger allowed in specific airlines. Typically, regional airlines on the route like Singapore Airlines, Asiana Airlines and Cathay Pacific offer a baggage limit of 30 Kilograms per passenger for economy class bookings. TravelHouseUK often negotiates special family fare packages on a routine basis with the flag carrier Philippine Airlines, allowing luggage of 40 kilograms per passenger. Kuwait Airways and Saudi Arabian Airlines even allow 2 baggage pieces weighing 23 kilograms each when passengers chose to book with us.
Are there any airlines offering direct Philippines flights?
Among all these air operators, only the flag carrier, Philippine Airlines, offers direct Philippines flights, taking off from London to land at Manila, the capital city.