020 3137 2316
Cheap flights to Addis Ababa
Recent searches for return flights to Addis Ababa
Airlines that operate flights to Addis Ababa from UK
- Ethiopian Airlines
- British Airways
- Kenya Airways
- Saudi Airlines
- Egypt Air
- Turkish Airlines
How long is the flight to Addis Ababa?
- Heathrow to Addis Ababa: 9 hours and 35 minutes
- London Heathrow to Addis Ababa on a one-stop flight: 12 hours and 45 minutes
- Birmingham to Addis Ababa on a one-stop flight: 9 hours and 50 minutes
- Manchester to Addis Ababa flight with one stopover: 11 hours and 15 minutes
Is there any direct flight to Addis Ababa from UK?
Yes, Ethiopian Airlines operate a direct flight to Addis Ababa from UK on regular basis. The said itinerary requires the shortest time to connect UK with Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Which is the cheapest airline for flights to Addis Ababa from UK?
For budget flight seekers, Turkish Airline is the best-suited option that offers flight tickets in as low as 391 GBP. This itinerary will add a stopover at Istanbul before arriving at Addis Ababa International Airport.
What are the major international airports in Addis Ababa?
Addis Ababa Bole International Airport (ADD) serves the city of Addis Ababa. The airport is built in the city of Bole, 65 kilometres away from the city centre of Addis Ababa. The Airport is also the main hub of Ethiopian Airways and currently hosts around hundred and fifty flights a day.
How Far Is The addis ababa Airport From The City Centre?
The Addis Ababa Bole International Airport is located 6km south-east of the city centre, in the town of Bole. Visitors can get to the city centre from the airport by either hiring a rental cab service beforehand or just by using a taxi. The National Transport Operation (NTO) has a dedicated service connecting to all the hotels in the area.
What is the best time to visit Addis Ababa?
The best time to visit Addis Ababa for the British traveller would be between October and February. Ethiopia receives high rainfall during June through to September. Some cultural events do occur in the rainy season, but the dry season with moderate temperatures would be ideal time to visit Addis Ababa.
What are the entry requirements to Addis Ababa for British travellers?
If the British passport holders enters Ethiopia from the Addis Ababa Bole International Airport, a tourist visa can be provided on landing for USD$ 50 for one month visa or a USD$ 75 visa for three months. For all other proposes to visit Ethiopia, a visa needs to be applied beforehand. A certificate of yellow fever vaccination needs to be obtained by a British citizen before leaving for Ethiopia.
why visit addis ababa?
Addis Ababa, the capital city of Ethiopia, is the country’s largest and most diverse city. It’s subjected to pleasant and consistent climate throughout the year. Take a ride around the city and you will notice multiple mosques, churches, cathedrals and museums, all representing the vast diversity of the city’s population. Most of these sites are located on the street that leads from Meskel Square to Sidest Kilo. The Red Terror Museum is the only museum in Ethiopia that makes its visitors aware about the horrors of the famine that hit the country in the 1990’s. Beautiful paintings and mosaics are up for display at St George’s Cathedral, a century old building located in the city centre to memorialize the Ethiopians victory over the Italians. The Ethiopian ethnological museum provides information and artefacts related to all the different ethnic groups, ranging from tools, clothes, instruments and food related to the different cultures. A prime landmark amassing its achievement at a representative level for worldwide recognition is the Africa hall, the headquarters of the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa as well as most of the UN offices in Africa.
how to go around Addis Ababa ?
Visitors can get around the city either in a minibus, which is very cheap but you’ll have to share it with other people therefore the journey takes more time, or a local taxi, which will cost a bit more but will reach the destination in less amount of time. However in crowded places like Meskel Square and Sidest Kilo, it is safer to cover the journey on foot. There are multiple taxi classifications, ranging from blue and white classifications specified for hotel and tourism as well as local commute, which is why the standards of taxi vehicles vary by classification.
where to stay in addis ababa?
Hotels in Addis Ababa range from the high end luxurious ones like the Sheraton Addis and the Elilly International to the mid-range ones like the Dreamliner hotel and the Harmony hotel. The hoteling industry has become highly competitive at the local level, while there are a few international hotel chain branches also present to facilitate complete suits. Other than these the city is home to multiple lodges and inns that provide rooms on very affordable rates, for example the Beer Garden Inn and the GT Guest House. A few options for bread and breakfast as well as lodges and huts are present towards the suburbs and outskirts.
Which five star hotels and accommodation are available for stay in Addis Ababa?
A number of five star hotels have sprung up in Addis Ababa since it is the capital city of Ethiopia.
- Sheraton Addis Ababa
- Capital Hotel and Spa
- Golden Tulip Addis Ababa Hotel
Which events and festivals are celebrated in Addis Ababa?
Addis Ababa does not have many festivals specifically attributed to the city, but national festivals are celebrated in Addis Ababa with joy and religious fervour.
- The Ethiopian Christmas or ‘Genna’ falls on the 7th of January every year and sees night long vigils and prayers accompanied by busy local eateries.
- The ‘Timkat’ feast is the celebration of the Baptism of Jesus Christ on the 19th of January, on which day tableaus are paraded around the city that displays the Arch of the Covenant and the Tablets.
- The Tensae Cycle Race is conducted in Addis Ababa Stadium that concludes when the victorious cyclists finish the 22nd lap around the stadium.
- The Ethiopian Film and Music Festival is celebrated to honour the artists and filmmakers from all over Ethiopia who are eager to show their talents.
What are the major landmarks in Addis Ababa?
Ethiopia has a long rich history with an equally vibrant culture. The ancient traditions of Ethiopia have engraved spectacular buildings and structures in Addis Ababa
- Visit the St. Georges Cathedral to admire at the architecture of this octagonal church and museum.
- Take a stroll at the Moseluem of Menelik II, who is the storybook king of Ethiopia.
- The Adadi Mariam Church was cut out of a single rock and the intricate carvings are spectacular to look at.
- The Palace of Menelik may not look that impressive from afar, but the visitor would note the African spirit in its high walls and ceilings.