Cheap flights to Entebbe
Cheapest price to
(from London Heathrow)
fr £ 388.19
Recent searches for return flights to Entebbe
Airlines that operate flights to Entebbe from UK
- Egypt Air
- Kenya Airways
- British Airways
- Brussels Airlines
- Swiss Airlines
- Ethiopian Airlines
- Air France
How long is the flight to Entebbe from UK?
- Heathrow to Entebbe: 12 hours and 15 minutes
- Manchester to Entebbe: 12 hours and 55 minutes
- Gatwick to Entebbe: 14 hours and 55 minutes
- Birmingham to Entebbe: 12 hours and 50 minutes
Are there any direct flights to Entebbe?
No, there are no direct flights available from Heathrow to Entebbe. Flights with one stopover are the favorable flight route from UK to Entebbe which is covered in about 12 hours. The popular stopovers on one-stop flights to Entebbe are Cairo, Addis Ababa and Nairobi.
What are the major international airports in Entebbe?
The airport that serves the city is Entebbe International Airport. The airport has been in use since 1951 and last year received 1.5 million passengers. The airport has two functioning runways, one is 3.6 kilometres long, and the other is 2.4 kilometres. The international airport rests at the shores of Lake Victoria.
What is the cheapest time of year to fly to Entebbe?
A great time to book tickets for Entebbe is in the month of November. The hotter summer sun is high in the skies above Entebbe in November but with the heat also comes the torrential rains. The tourists remain at their homes when Entebbe goes through its rainy spells, in November and in March. So, if you want to get to Entebbe at the lowest fare, grab the tickets for November or March.
What are the entry requirements to Entebbe for British travellers?
The British travellers to Uganda must apply for a visa before boarding the aeroplane. The visa can be issued by the Ugandan High Commission in London or by applying online and getting an e-visa. The visa processing time varies, so plan your trip accordingly. Also, please make sure that your stay period remains within the time frame of the visa, or you could be fined or even jailed by the authorities. Please also note that you can apply for an East African Tourist Visa that allows you to visit Uganda along with Kenya and Rwanda, with multiple entries.
What is the best time to visit Entebbe?
There are two ideal seasons to visit Entebbe. The first season extends from the mid of May to August and the second season spans from December to January. The temperature remains almost stable throughout the year in Entebbe, with average temperatures moving rarely beyond the 23°C to 25°C range. However, Entebbe becomes a bit wetter in March and October.
What are the major landmarks in Entebbe?
The natural wonders and landmarks in Entebbe keep the tourists in a state of ecstasy. The preserves and sanctuaries for Uganda’s animals fascinate the tourists more than any other excursion. Entebbe beautifully reconciles the natural chaos of its jungles with the human habitation requiring urban organization.
- The Chimpanzee Sanctuary on Ngamba Island is among the foremost example on how humanity has tried to mitigate its disturbing impact on the ecosystems of the world. The sanctuary has been established to house the many chimpanzees that have been orphaned or disabled by poachers. At the sanctuary, you can interact with the chimps, and know about their social hierarchy.
- Uganda Wildlife Conservation Education Centre is a little park with a lot of wonders. The zoo contains chimps, lions, leopards, rhinos, crocs, otters, birds and reptiles. The guides there are well educated and are keen to share their knowledge with you. You can interact with the animals and try to understand why we need to protect the world’s ecological diversity from harm.
- Witness the sunset in Lake Victoria when you are in Entebbe. The lake is the largest lake in Africa and its clear waters are a home for many marine species. The great lake is the actual source of the Nile River. You can rent the boat and be surrounded by the peace and tranquillity that this lake exudes on the travellers.
how far is the entebbe airport from the city centre?
The airport is about 5km away from the city centre on the Kampala road.
Which events and festivals are celebrated in Entebbe?
Festivals spring off in Entebbe throughout the year. The African festive magic erupts like a fountain through these festivals and enchants the tourists with pleasure and delight. Entebbe is inspired to celebrate the rhythms of nature that surround this city in Eden.
- The Rubaga Beach volleyball matches are held often in Entebbe. The exact dates vary from year to year, but February usually is the month in which the matches are held. Keep your eyes on the ball as it is blasted from one side of the net to the other, with each team trying to defeat the other.
- In late November the city hosts the Milege Music Festival every year. Musical bands from not only Uganda but Kenya, Burundi and Congo join the festival to give an awesome performance. The Festival is conducted in the Botanical Gardens of Entebbe each year.
What are the transportation options available to tourists within Entebbe?
Entebbe has the only international airport in Uganda. If you have to visit Uganda, you would have to land at Entebbe and go through Kampala, the Capital city of Uganda, to go elsewhere. Kampala is the hub of all transportation of the country. The recent highway that has been built reduces the travelling time between Entebbe and Kampala form an hour or two to just 20 minutes. Be on the guard though, the rush hours in Entebbe can keep you stuck on the road for hours.
why visit entebbe?
Entebbe is arguably the most culturally significant town in Central Uganda. Its location right next to the beautiful Lake Victoria and pleasant climate throughout the year make it one of the most popular tourist destinations in the country. There is a collection of attractions scattered across the city, each one special in its own way. One of these is the National Botanical Garden, home to a wide variety of birds, butterflies, flowers, dragonflies, ants etc. it was also the location for the filming of the Tarzan movie. Another important tourist site is the Wildlife Education Centre located in the city premises, a building that exhibits nature’s most rare species such as the Vervet Monkey, crowned canes and many others. The State House, located near the Kampala side, is a building that provides a magnificent site during the night when it is lit up like a Christmas tree. The Entebbe zoo is also a perfect place for visitors to spend their day at, amidst the company of lions, rhinos, zebras, crocodiles, giraffes and other animals.
How to go around the Entebbe city?
Boda-boda, local motorcycle taxis are a popular method of transportation to get around the city. However, a more reliable mean can be hiring a taxi service from a reliable hotel.
Which five-star hotels and accommodation are available for stay in Entebbe?
There are not many five-star hotels in Entebbe; however more affordable and relatively comfortable accommodations are available.
- Protea Hotel by Marriott Entebbe
- 2Friends Beach Hotel
- J. Residence Motel
- Lake Heights Hotel
- Executive Airport Hotel
- Entebbe International Airport caters for flights to and from Entebbe.
- More than 450 international flight departures are seen from Entebbe every week.
- Average flight time taken from London Heathrow to Cape Town is 8 hours and 40 minutes.
- 4019 miles is the approximate flight distance between London and Entebbe.
- In terms of time difference Entebbe is three hours ahead of London.
- British Airways offers direct flights to Entebbe.
- British Airways operates four direct flights a week to Entebbe from London Heathrow.
- British Airways Entebbe flights take off London Heathrow in the morning.
- Airlines that travellers choose to fly to Entebbe are KLM, Turkish Airlines, Kenya Airways, Egypt Air, Qatar Airways and South African Airways.
- The lowest flght fare for Entebbe starts from £430.