Cheap flights to Entebbe
Recent searches for return flights to Entebbe
Entebbe is arguably the most culturally significant town in Central Uganda. Its location right next to the beautiful Lake Victoria and pleasant climate throughout the year make it one of the most popular tourist destinations in the country. There is a collection of attractions scattered across the city, each one special in its own way. One of these is the National Botanical Garden, home to a wide variety of birds, butterflies, flowers, dragonflies, ants etc. it was also the location for the filming of the Tarzan movie. Another important tourist site is the Wildlife Education Centre located in the city premises, a building that exhibits nature’s most rare species such as the Vervet Monkey, crowned canes and many others. The State House, located near the Kampala side, is a building that provides a magnificent site during the night when it is lit up like a Christmas tree. The Entebbe zoo is also a perfect place for visitors to spend their day at, amidst the company of lions, rhinos, zebras, crocodiles, giraffes and other animals.
The airport is about 5km away from the city centre on the Kampala road.
Major airlines that fly to Entebbe from the UK are KLM Airlines, Air France and Turkish Airlines.
Turkish Airlines offers direct flights from UK to Entebbe on a weekly basis.
Seeing as the journey to the airport from the city centre to the airport is not a very long one (6 km), it can easily be covered on one of the local motorcycle taxis called Boda-boda.
Boda-boda, local motorcycle taxis are a popular method of transportation to get around the city. However, a more reliable mean can be hiring a taxi service from a reliable hotel.
The best time to visit Entebbe is June to August, when the weather is pleasant and the rainfall is at a minimum so tourists can explore the city easily.
The average flight time to Entebbe from UK is about 9 hours.
A city that is a home to hordes of tourists throughout the year, Entebbe is home to a collection of hotels and resorts for its guests to reside in. Hotels range from the high end 4 Penguins hotel and Lake Heights hotel to low cost hotels like the Thames and the Peniel Beach hotel. There are numerous resorts and guesthouses for the tourists to choose from, like the highly convenient Boma Guesthouse to the eye catching Entebbe Travellers’ Inn.
- Entebbe International Airport caters for flights to and from Entebbe.
- More than 450 international flight departures are seen from Entebbe every week.
- Average flight time taken from London Heathrow to Cape Town is 8 hours and 40 minutes.
- 4019 miles is the approximate flight distance between London and Entebbe.
- In terms of time difference Entebbe is three hours ahead of London.
- British Airways offers direct flights to Entebbe.
- British Airways operates four direct flights a week to Entebbe from London Heathrow.
- British Airways Entebbe flights take off London Heathrow in the morning.
- Airlines that travellers choose to fly to Entebbe are KLM, Turkish Airlines, Kenya Airways, Egypt Air, Qatar Airways and South African Airways.
- The lowest flght fare for Entebbe starts from £430.