Cheap flights to Botswana
Home to exclusively popular Safari trips, Botswana is a fascinating country where a few tourists’ highlights like Okavango River, Moremi Wildlife Reserve and Chobe National Park are worth touring. With Travel house UK; you can book cheap flights to Botswana and immerse yourself in the multiple aspects of Botswana ranging from a sub-Sahara African contemporary culture to prehistoric archaeological treasures. Even more out in the open, unique landscape to thriving wildlife can revitalize your essence of Safari trips.
Recent searches for return flights to Botswana
Airlines that operates flights to Botswana
- Ethiopian airlines (ET)
- Air France (AF)
- British Airways (BA)
- South African Airways (SA)
- Iberia Air (IB)
- Emirates (EK)
- Virgin Atlantic (VS)
- Lufthansa (LH)
- Etihad airlines (EY)
- Egypt Air (MS)
- Flights from Heathrow to Botswana (LHR-GBE) via Addis Ababa with Ethiopian Airlines: 16 hours and 15 minutes
- Heathrow to Botswana (LHR-GBE) via Johannesburg with British Airways: 14 hours and 15 minutes
- Swiss International Airlines flight connections from Heathrow to Botswana (LHR-GBE) via Zurich and Johannesburg: 17 hours and 20 minutes
- Heathrow to Botswana (LHR-GBE) flights with Air France via Amsterdam and Johannesburg: 15 hours and 50 minutes
- Flight from Heathrow to Botswana (LHR-GBE) with Iberia via Spain and Johannesburg: 16 h 40 minutes
- Emirates flying from Heathrow to Botswana (LHR-GBE) via Dubai and Johannesburg: 19 hours and 5 minutes
- Heathrow to Botswana (LHR-GBE) with South African Airlines via Johannesburg: 27 hours and 10 minutes
- Manchester to Botswana (MAN-GBE) with Etihad Airlines via Abu Dhabi and Johannesburg: 21 hours and 30 minutes
- Flights with British Airways from Heathrow to Botswana (LHR-MUB) via Johannesburg: 14 hours and 45 minutes
- Manchester to Botswana (MAN-GBE) with Emirates via Dubai and Johannesburg: 22 hours
- Flights from Manchester to Botswana (MAN-GBE) with Air France: 16 hours and 15 minutes
- Swiss International Airlines flights with Manchester to Botswana (MAN-GBE) via Zurich and Johannesburg: 17 hours and 15 minutes
- Heathrow to Botswana (Maun) with Egypt Air via Cairo and Johannesburg: 21 hours and 10 minutes
- Emirates flying from Heathrow To Muan (LHR-Maun) via Dubai and Johannesburg: 27 hours 10 minutes
Flights from London Heathrow to Gaborone (LHR-GBE)
- Ethiopian Airlines: All the week except Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday
- British Airways: Flight Connections are operated seven times a week.
- Iberia Air: Flight Connections are operated daily.
- Air France: Seven times a week
- Swiss International Airlines: Seven times a week.
- Emirates: Seven times a week.
- South African Airlines: Seven times a week
- Virgin Atlantic: Seven times a week
- Lufthansa: Seven times a week
Manchester to Gaborone (MAN-GBE)
- Air France: Daily Flight Connections
- British Airways: Daily Flight Connections
- Swiss International Airlines: Daily Flight Connections
- Lufthansa: Flight Connections seven times a week
- Ethiopia Airlines: Flight Connections seven times a week
- Etihad Airlines: Flight Connections are operated daily
London Heathrow to Muan Airport (LHR-MUB)
- British Airways: Seven times a week
- Swiss International Airlines: Seven times a week
- Lufthansa: Seven times a week
- Egypt Air: Seven times a week
- Emirates: Seven times a week
- British Airways is committed for providing the shortest flights to Botswana. It allows 1 bag of 23 kg in Economy Class, 2 bags of 23 kg in Premium Economy Class, 3 bags of 32 kg in Business and First Class.
- Besides British Airways, Ethiopia Airlines also provide generous free baggage allowance for passengers. Thus, allowing 2 pieces of 23 kg each in Economy Class and 3 pieces of 23 kg each in Cloud Nine.
- Lufthansa Airlines allows one bag of 23 kg in Economy Class, two bags of 23 kg in Premium Economy Class, 2 bags up to 32 kg in Business Class and 3 bags up to 32 kg in First Class.
- Emirates is always keen to stay on top of the line. It allows you to carry 30 kg in Economy Class, 40 kg in Business Class and 50 kg in First Class.
- While travelling with another star alliance member, Air France, you can take one piece of 23kg in economy, two pieces of 23kg each in premium economy, two pieces of 32kg each in business and three pieces of 32kg each in La Premiere class.
- South African Airways permits its economy class passengers to take 1 piece of 23kg whereas business class passengers can take 2 pieces of 32kg each.
- Virgin Atlantic has baggage allowance of 1 piece of 23kg for economy class, 2 pieces of 23kg each for premium economy and 3 pieces of 32kg each for upper class.
- In accordance with free baggage allowance of Swiss Airlines, passengers are comforted by comprehensive services including free baggage allowance of one bag of 23kg each in Economy Class and 2 bags of 32 kg each in Business Class.
- Francistown Airport (FRW)
- Sir Seretse Khama International Airport (GBE)
- Maun Airport (MUB)
Your itinerary plan depends on multiple factors including your holidays, activities and interests. Among all the related factors, major concern is weather and budget for the visitors. Different weather conditions hold different charms and attractions for the tourists. Winter lasts from May to October which is the most favorable time for Botswana Safari. Wildlife is gathered around water resources and game viewing is at its peak during this season. A multitude of tourists can be seen making their gateway to Botswana specifically in July during school holidays which causes overbooked flights, camping space and luxury accommodations.Low Season
Just opposite to the seasons in Europe, weather gets warm and dry by the end of October. In January, wet season cools down the environment considerably with the rainy showers. Due to which, emerald green vegetation refreshes the tourists. Though wild life is dispersed and game viewing restricts to Chobe's Savute region and the Kalahari to enchant the tourists. Also, traveler may indulge in bird watching in this season. Moreover, your whole itinerary including your ticket and accommodation cost you much lesser in low season than if you go in high season. People may opt to book cheap flights to Botswana during Christmas and New Year holidays which is the most appropriate time to avoid inflated prices and experience the sensational game view.
The rail network, both on the domestic and international scales, has been completely suspended until further complete renovation. The main reliance is on bus companies centralized in Gaborone, as well as a series of mini buses and combies which serve as the general public transport option for commuting. The expressways and highways are well structured to serve for all kinds of traffic by road. Some of the destinations are located well displaced at a range of more than a thousand kilometres across the country, like Gaborone and Kasane, and in such cases domestic flights can also be considered an option.
While on safari through the Okavongo Delta, you’ll come across safari lodges, private villas and camped tents among the options for staying amongst the entire surrounding wilderness. The towns located towards the remote regions specialize mostly in rooms with common standard facilities. If one recommends grandeur and luxury it definitely has to be Gaborone, with luxury hotels facilitating suits, and separate guest houses as well. In some cases, tourists can also go for being selective, opting for continental restaurants, or private pools, or even a hammock by the veranda attached to their lodge. Additionally, mobile safari camps, walking safaris and waterside cottages are most popular among the tourists.
- The distance between UK and Botswana is 5619 miles.
- Kenya Airways, Virgin Atlantic, Egypt Air and South African Airways offer amazing flight deals to Bostwana from UK.
- There are three airports in Botswana.
- A flight from United Kingdom to Botswana takes almost 11 hours and 30 minutes.
- Most flights to Gaborone fly from UK in the evening.
- There are no direct flights to Gaborone from United Kingdom.
- The time difference between Gaborone and United Kingdom is 1 hour.
- £1 is equal to 15 Botswanan Pula
- Flight frequency at Sir Seretse Khama International Airport: More than 45 domestic and around 195 international flights depart the airport every week.
- Flight frequency at Maun Airport: 42 internation and 35 domestic departures are seen at the airport each week