Do you wish to save time and money yet get Flights to Ivory Coast? Once known as the “economic miracle” of Africa, Ivory Coast is home to beaches, tourist villages and breath-taking nature and wildlife view on Mount Nienokou. Multiple carriers offer cheap tickets to Ivory Coast and operate daily indirect flights including Air France, Turkish Airways and Brussels Airline. Other airlines operating several Ivory Coast flights per week include Emirates, Lufthansa, South African Airways, Egypt Air and Royal Air Maroc. Simply leave an online query or call our agent to get an immediate availability report with a best-priced comparison of flights through an array of direct and indirect flight options.
Recent searches for return flights to Ivory Coast 2020/2021
Which airlines operate flights to Ivory Coast from the UK?
- Air France
- Turkish Airlines
- Royal Air Maroc
- Ethiopian Airlines
How long is the flight to Ivory Coast from the UK?
- Air France mostly operates the cheapest of all flights to the Ivory Coast. With a stopover in Paris, the trip from London Heathrow Airport to Ivory Coast completes in nine hours and forty minutes.
- From Manchester, the aeroplane reaches the primary gateway to the Ivory Coast, in Abidjan, in 9 to 10 hours with a stopover in Paris.
- It takes 9 to 10 hours as well to reach Ivory Coast from Birmingham with a layover in Paris that is no more than one and a half hours long.
- The trip to the Ivory Coast from London Gatwick Airport takes a stopover in Istanbul or Lisbon. The total duration of the flight is about 12 to 13 hours long.
Are there any direct flights to Ivory Coast from the UK?
No, until now, no airlines operating in the United Kingdom or Ivory Coast have initiated direct flights between the two countries. Most passengers opt to get an Air France ticket to the Ivory Coast from London Heathrow Airport. Consistently, the airline provides the cheapest means to get to this West African country, even in the busy season.
Cheap flights to Ivory Coast with Air France
With Air France, Ivory Coast is just a few pounds and a couple of hours away. Ivory Coast, being a former colony of France, still retains a cordial relationship with the former colonial power, and there is a significant Ivorian Diaspora living in France as well. To connect both countries, Air France manages cheap flights to Ivory Coast that are also beneficial for the British tourists and Ivorian Expats living in the UK.
The first leg of your travels is from a city in the UK to Paris’ Charles de Gaul Airport. Fortunately, there are many options to take and many Air France flights to choose from. From London alone, 28 flights are leaving for Paris each week. The most popular one is AF 1681 that is scheduled to fly from London at 9:40 AM and arrive at Paris in about one hour and fifteen minutes every single day. Twenty-two flights take off from Manchester, and thirty-seven Air France flights operate from Birmingham towards Paris each week.
From Paris onwards to Abidjan, Air France operates fourteen flights a week to the Ivorian city. Flight number AF 520 leaves Paris to Abidjan at 10 AM and lands on the tarmac at 4:30 PM Ivorian Time, after travelling for eight and a half hours. AF 524, AF 702 and AF 914 also flies nonstop to Abidjan from Paris, but only on select days of the week. As always, please contact our agents well in advance to get the cheapest rates on Air France flights to Côte d’Ivoire.
What are the major international airports in Ivory Coast?
Ivory Coast has more than 25 airports all over the country; however, there is only one international airport that serves as the main gateway. The Félix-Houphouët-Boigny International Airport (ABJ) in Abidjan is the only international airport serving the economic capital of the Ivory Coast. Port Bouët Airport, as it is also known, handles 2 million people a year. Apart from being connected by the Abidjan Metro, which is a project destined to be complete in December of 2023, the airport is linked with highways that lead into the very heart of the city. The city centre is about a 40-minute car drive from Port Bouët Airport.
What is the best time to visit Ivory Coast?
The best time to visit the Ivory Coast is from December to February. The country is in the tropics, right on the Gulf of Guinea. Both of these factors contribute to define the weather of the Ivory Coast. Humidity is the lowest in the winter seasons, and it becomes more comfortable for people to breathe with a fresher atmosphere. There is only a 5 to 10 per cent chance of rain during these times as well. The mean temperature during these three months is at 26°C, which makes this part of the year ideal for a visit to the Ivory Coast. Clearly, with most travellers coming to the country during the winter months, the prices for the tickets and the hotel rooms increase. At times tickets are scarce, so call our agents three to four months in advance to book cheap tickets to Ivory Coast.
What is the cheapest time of year to fly to Ivory Coast?
The cheapest month of the year to visit the Ivory Coast is in March. Though the humidity has yet to reach its peak values, the mean temperature exceeds 30°C, which can be unpleasant for some. Usually, during March, there are five to ten rainy days, which might prevent you from exploring the country entirely, but the easiest way to tackle that by taking an umbrella with you. The change in weather keeps most tourists at bay, but for those who are on a budget, March can bring surprisingly good deals on accommodations and tickets to the Ivory Coast.
What are the major landmarks in Ivory Coast?
- Tai National Park contains the last bit of African rainforest. The rainforest is the only home for the pygmy hippo, olive monkey and the African leopard. The Park was given the status of UNESCO biosphere reserve in 1972 and later became a Natural World Heritage site. Even though the flow of tourism to that section of Ivory Coast has dwindled due to the recent outbreaks of Ebola, there are still many scientists working in the Biosphere, researching about the many species living in the area. Tours to the biosphere and the adjacent rainforest reveal a new world to the human travellers, one that is ruled by nature.
- Yamoussoukro is one of the two capitals of the Ivory Coast. Right at the centre of the city is the Catholic Basilica of Our Lady of Peace, and it was completed in 1990. The basilica is registered in the Guinness Book of World Records as the largest church in the world. Saint Peter’s Basilica in Rome formerly held this title. The Basilica has become a pilgrimage site for the Catholic Christians of Africa. The massive Romanesque dome of the building reminds the tourist of the Duomo in Florence. Pope John Paul II consecrated the basilica and a hospital nearby when he visited the capital of Ivory Coast in September 1990.
- The Comoé National Park is the largest nature reserve in Ivory Coast, and it is the last remaining sanctuary for a multitude of endangered animals. The reserve is protecting tropical rainforests and savannah jungles and is home to a diverse list of birds and mammals. Often the tourist would see a bushbuck or a roan antelope galloping through the shallow pools of the Comoé River. Due to illegal poaching, the conservation status of the Park is in question, which is why the local government is encouraging tourists to visit the site. The income from tourists is spent on the protection of wild animals and rare plants threatened by human agriculture.
What are the transportation options available to tourists within Ivory Coast?
As compared to neighbouring African countries, Ivory Coast has better road and transportation services, especially between cities. There are, however, Ivorian soldiers at the checkpoints along the way which takes up much time. Keep your British Passport with you at all times when you are travelling. There have been some reports that a few soldiers demand bribes from foreign passengers in the bus, especially if they are of French nationality. In Abidjan, the best way to get around is by hiring a car. A hired car not only gives you personal freedom but in the long run, it is cheaper than travelling by taxis. The traffic moves at a glacial pace in rush hours, so be patient when you are driving through the streets of Abidjan. Please negotiate the travel fare with the driver before taking the taxi out for a ride.
Which five-star hotels and accommodation are available for stay in Ivory Coast?
- Sofitel Abidjan Hotel Ivoire
- Hotel TIAMA
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Abidjan Airport
- Pullman Abidjan
- Azalai Hotel Abidjan
- Choose to fly to Ivory Coast with Egypt Air, Ethiopian Airlines, Air France, SN Brussels Airlines, Lufthansa and Turkish Airlines.
- Egypt Air flights to Ivory Coast from London take off in the afternoon.
- The shortest time for a flight from UK to Ivory Coast is almost 7 hours.
- Flight distance to Ivory Coast from UK is approximately 3174 miles.
- The main airport in Ivory Coast catering for flights is Felix Houphouet Boigny Airport.
- More than 500 flights depart from Felix Houphouet Boigny Airport Abidjan every week.
- There are no direct flights offered between UK and Ivory Coast.