020 3137 9154
Cheap flights to Australia
Cheapest price to Australia
(from London Heathrow)
Recent flight searches for cheap tickets to Australia
Which Airlines Operate Flights To Australia?
- British Airways (BA)
- Qantas Airlines (QF)
- Virgin Atlantic (VS)
- Malaysia Airlines (MH)
- Thai Airways (TG)
- Singapore Airlines (SQ)
- Emirates (EK)
- Etihad Airways (EY)
- Cathay Pacific (CX)
- Virgin Australia (VA)
- Qatar Airways (QR)
how long is the flight to Australia from UK?
- London Heathrow to Australia with Qantas Airways(LHR-SIN-SYD): 22 hours 35 minutes
- Direct flightS with British Airways from UK to Australia (LHR-SYD): 22 hours and 35 minutes
- Fly with Thai Airways from Heathrow to Australia via Bangkok(LHR-BKK-MEL): 22 hours and 30 minutes
- Flights from Manchester to Sydney via Dubai with Emirates: 22 hours and 55 minutes
- Emirates flights from Manchester to Australia (MAN-DXB-MEL) via Dubai: 21 hours and 55 minutes
- Cathay Pacific flights from Manchester to Melbourne via Hong Kong: 24 hours and 15 minutes
- Birmingham to Australia (SYD) via Dubai with Emirates: 22 hours and 30 minutes
Which are the Popular Stopovers for Flights to Australia from the UK?
- Singapore Changi Airport (Singapore) with Singapore Airlines, British Airways, and Qantas Airways.
- Dubai International Airport (Dubai) with Emirates, Qantas Airways.
- Hong Kong International Airport with Cathay Pacific.
- Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport (Guangzhou) with China Southern.
When Is The Cheapest Time To Fly To Australia?
Airfares vary by season, destination and even days of the week. Usually, cheap fares are spotted during the low-season (April and May). Prices in general - both flight and hotel rates - go down during this time of the year. And even then it is suggested to book beforehand to find rates that are not heavy on your pockets.
what is the weekly flight schedule of different airlines flying from UK to Australia?
- British Airways: A direct flight takes off from Heathrow on daily basis while a few indirect flights are also scheduled through all the seven days a week via Singapore or Hong Kong. Flight arrivals are scheduled chiefly at Sydney Airport.
- Qantas Airlines: Daily direct flight and indirect flights are also available on all the seven days a week via Dubai. Flight arrivals take place at Sydney and Melbourne.
- Malaysia Airlines: Flight connections are extended through all the days of a week.
- Virgin Atlantic: Flights are managed in connection either with Singapore Airlines or Etihad Airways. Flights may be opted for arrival at Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne and Perth.
- Thai Airways: Flights can be availed all the days of the week. Major city airports served for arrival in Australia are Sydney, Melbourne and Perth.
- Singapore Airlines: Flight operates for seven days a week. Smooth departures taking place from Heathrow have scheduled arrivals mainly at for Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne and Perth.
- Etihad Airways: Flights are proficiently managed through all the days of the week to make a safe landing at any of the Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne and Perth.
- Emirates: Airline is most preferred for flight connections on each day a week. All the major international airports cater the flight arrivals for Emirates’ flights from UK.
- American Airlines: Monday to Sunday flight connection on one to multi stop flights are available.
- Air Canada: Seven days a week
- China Eastern Airlines: Flights can be booked from Heathrow on all the days of the week.
- Cathay Pacific Airways: Cathay Pacific Airways conducts flights all the week from Manchester and schedule arrivals at Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane.
- British Airways: With British Airways, flights are available on seven days a week to arrive chiefly at Sydney and Melbourne.
- Emirates:Flights can be opted on any day of the week, and may choose an arrival airport depending upon your itinerary plan.
- Qantas Airways: Qantas Airways carries bulk of passengers on seven days a week. You may book flights from Manchester to Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane.
- Etihad Airways: Striving to be on the top as others, flights are scheduled on each day of the week.
- Singapore Airlines: Singapore Airlines also manages to be the top notch service provider for flights from Manchester to any major airport of the Australia throughout every day of the week.
- Virgin Atlantic: Utilizing its operational capacity to the optimum level, Virgin Atlantic offers flights on this route every day of the week.
- Air France: Air France is also the preferred choice for availing multi-stop flight from Manchester to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane or Perth on any day from Monday to Sunday.
- Qantas Airways: Qantas Airways on daily basis from Monday to Sunday.
- Singapore Airlines: Flights from Birmingham (UK) can also be availed to arrive at any major airport in Australia on any day from Monday to Sunday.
- Etihad Airways: Flight operations are conducted seven days a week.
- Emirates: Flights are scheduled weekly from Monday until Sunday.
which airlines fly direct to australia
Yes, you can avail direct flights from the UK to Australia with the national carrier of both countries. British Airways operates a daily direct flight from Heathrow to Sydney Airport. Qantas Airways offers direct flights to Sydney and Melbourne from London Heathrow on regular basis.
does emirates operates flights to Australia
With Emirates, connecting flights can be made to major destinations in Australia - Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth - from London Heathrow, London Gatwick, Manchester and Birmingham. Emirates flies to these destinations from Edinburgh as well but these flights are code-shared with FLYBE.
which are the major airports in Australia?
- Sydney Airport (SYD)
- Brisbane Airport (BNE)
- Canberra International Airport (CBR)
- Melbourne Airport (MEL)
- Perth Airport (PER)
- Adelaide Airport (ADL)
luggage allowance for economy and business class flights to Australia
- Realizing the significance of free baggage allowance for customers, British Airways set the mark for generous baggage policy which is 1 bag of 23 in Economy Class and 2 bags of 32 kg are allowed in Business Class flights.
- And, the most munificent free baggage allowance is provided by the Qantas Airways for flights into its home country. Economy Class travellers may carry 30 kg, 40 kg for Business Class and 50 kg for First Class travellers.
- Malaysia Airlines also believes in open-handed baggage policy and thus allows 2 pieces of checked in luggage whose weight must not exceed 30 kg for Economy Class, 40 kg for Business Class and 50 kg for First Class travellers.
- With Virgin Atlantic, your baggage allowance is expected to be 1 bag of 23 kg for Economy Class. 2 bags of 23 kg for Premium Economy and 3 bags of 32 kg for Business Class.
- Thai Airways have also distinguished its classes by offering different baggage allowance. Economy Class travellers may bring up to 30 kg, 40 kg for Premium Economy Class and 50 kg for Royal First Class.
- In accordance to the standards of global aviation, Singapore Airlines limits the baggage allowance to be 30 kg for Economy Class, 35 kg for Premium Economy, 40 kg for Business Class flights and 50 kg for Suites and First Class.
- According to the general policy applicable for baggage allowance of Etihad Airways, Economy Class travellers can carry 1 bag of 23 kg, 2 bags of 23 kg for Premium Economy and 2 bags of 32 kg are allowed in Business Class.
- Emirates is also committed to provide the convenient services to its passengers. Thus, it allows 32 kg for Economy class where as 40 and 50 kg are allowed in Business and First Class in a respective manner.
- Similarly, Cathay Pacific Airways also allows 30 kg in Economy Class, 35 kg in Premium Economy, 40 kg in Business Class and 50 kg in First Class.
- Qatar Airways permits its passenger to take in 30 kg with Economy Class ticket, 40 kg for Business Class flights and 50 kg for First Class.
How to Travel in Australia Cheap?
- Hiring a car can be the best way to really see Australia. Whether you’re staying fairly local to your city destination, or you’re travelling between cities, a car can suit most occasions.
- There are several bus companies, such as Greyhound, that run buses between cities in Australia. Tickets are fairly inexpensive and so make a good choice for those who are time-rich.
- If you’d like more comfortable transport than a coach, try one of the interstate trains services.
- If you want to save time rather than money, you can take internal flights between most cities in Australia.
which are the best Eating And Drinking places In Australia?
- With the historical British influences, the close proximity of Thailand, and Australia’s very own local cuisine, the country has food and drink to satisfy everyone.
- Fancy fish and chips? Mad for a meat pie? These are widely available in Australia, being served up by cafes, restaurants, and pubs alike.
- If cafés are your thing, you’re in luck! More and more cafés - small and full of character - are popping up in Australian cities.
- Pubs are a great place to go for some fairly inexpensive food and drink, and you’ll find them almost anywhere.
- You’ll find all of the usual fast-food restaurants in Australia, as well as some local varieties. McDonald’s, KFC, Subway, Pizza Hut and more rub shoulders with the Australia-exclusive Red Rooster and Eagle Boys pizza.
- If you want to ‘go native’, why not try some grilled kangaroo, emu, or crocodile? These local delicacies are hard to find anywhere else in the world and a great way to immerse yourself in Australian culture.
- Australia is the world’s fourth largest exporter of wine. Whether you’re a fan of Shiraz, Merlot, Chardonnay, or Grenache - Australia is a great place for wine connoisseurs.
what will £10 ($18 Australian dollars) get you?
- A meal at an inexpensive restaurant.
- Three cups of coffee.
- A pint of beer for you and a couple of friends.
- 8 large bottles of water.
- 4 kg of apples.
- 2 kilograms of cheese!
- A pack of your favorite cigarettes.
- 4 one-way tickets on local transport.
- A 7km taxi journey.
- An hour on the tennis court.
- See a film at the cinema (on your own!).
What are the Hotel and Accommodation Options in Australia?
Hotel accommodation in Australia is comparatively expensive than other international destinations. However, now more and more five star hotels are offering discounted offers and deals. If you are on business or holiday trip, then Travelodge, Adina and Holiday Inn are affordable options. There is much difference between off and peak season accommodation rates so it’s better to book in advance.
When you are travelling with your family or groups, best option is to choose apartment-hotel. You can save many by doing your own laundry and cooking. Another cheap option is Airbnb. With this online renting solution, you can get good place in main cities and rural areas.
Hostels are the cheapest accommodation option for backpackers. You will find them everywhere in Australia from main city center to a remote countryside. There are over 140 hostels operating under Youth Hostel Association and another over 150 hostels under VIP Backpackers. We would suggest you to get their member cards before starting your journey.
annual events / celebration
Every year Australia has many cultural events and festivals. Some of them are globally attended by thousands of tourists. Here are few Australian events you should attend:
- Perth International Arts Festival hosts variety of events related to classical music, contemporary music, theatre, dance, opera, film and literature. Annually, this event takes place from 10th February to 5th March 2017.
- Melbourne International Comedy Festival is the largest comedy festival of the world. This festival is unique due to its creative originality. So have some carefree laughs from 29th March to 23rd April.
- Sydney Festival is celebrated for three weeks and it’s free to attend. This is not only a cultural celebration but also an event of high quality art. Be a part of Sydney festival from 7th January to 26th January.
which are other best tourist attractions in Australia
Australia is host to many other destinations that suit different holiday-goers. The best of the bunch are Darwin and Canberra. Dawvin stays warm in winter and serves as a great launch-pad for some of Australia’s National Parks. The capital of the country, Canberra, houses Australia’s Parliament and many national monuments. No matter which city you visit in Australia, you’re never too far from adventure. This gives the country a unique appeal and makes it ideal for almost any visitor.
destinations in Australia
You wouldn’t expect Australia to be so urbanised, considering this is the country famed for its warm climate and the Great Barrier Reef. Surprisingly, cities like Sydney, Melbourne and Perth rival their European counterparts of Paris, Rome and Berlin in terms of size. Australian cities have a great mix of art and culture, food and drink, sights to see and things to do, making them perfect for anyone to visit. Alternatively, if you’re more of an adventurous type, you’ll want to head to the ‘bush’ or ‘Outback’ and have yourself a good trek. You never know, you may just see a kangaroo or a wallaby! There really is something for everyone in Australia.Sydney
Unsurprisingly, Australia’s largest city has a lot to offer visitors. It is home to the world renowned Sydney Opera House, the Sydney Harbour Bridge and more. It’s got a wonderful zoo, more museums than you can shake a stick at, and is home to several markets if you’re the gastronomic type. If that’s not enough, or you just want to take a break from the hustle and bustle of city life, the famous Bondi Beach is within driving distance.Melbourne
Like all of Australia’s cities, the cultural capital is situated on the coast. There’s an endless amount of things to do in Melbourne, making it a holiday favorite. Take a tour of the city by tram, watch a game at the Melbourne Cricket Ground, grab a drink in one of Melbourne’s fantastic bars and cafés, or visit the zoo or aquarium. If you’ve got the time, you can even take a short trip to Philip Island to see thousands of little penguins make it up the beach after a day in the sea. Melbourne is certain to leave you wanting more.Perth
If you would prefer a laid-back time, consider Perth. See nearly 1,000 acres of beautiful gardens and greenery at Kings Park which also plays host to music and other cultural events. Exchange grass with sand and relax on one of Perth’s many beaches and do some sunbathing or surfing. Fortunately, when the lights go out, you won’t have any difficulty finding a place to party either.Brisbane
Sitting on Australia’s east coast is the city of Brisbane. With the Brisbane River snaking through the city, it can feel a lot like a sunnier version of London. Take a river cruise or, if you like the London Eye, jump on the Wheel of Brisbane and see the city from up above. For eating and drinking, South Bank is the area to go to in Brisbane; well-known for its mix of restaurants, bars and shops. While you’re there, you’ll be able to find a whole host of galleries, museums and other cultural centers to visit, too. If you’d prefer something closer to nature, take a short trip across the city to the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary where you’ll see a lot more wildlife than just koalas.
What is the Most Popular Food in Australia?
To foreigners, kangaroo meat is an exotic delicacy that comes highly recommended. The Aussie Barbecue definitely belongs to a league of its own. That, with international fast-food and basic seafood, becomes the popular food choice in Australia.