Cheapest price to Lilongwe(from London Heathrow)
Hoping to find cheap flights to Lilongwe on this vast internet world? Don’t worry, TravelHouseUK offers you an exclusive opportunity by sorting lowest airfare deals to Lilongwe, one of the renowned places that are home to Safaris in the wilderness and wildlife, Lilongwe offers views of nature from scenic villages to mountains, architecture from mausoleums to modern buildings and variety food from restaurants to steakhouses.
Get yourself budget flight deals to Lilongwe by comparing Lilongwe flights airfares with our rich variety of fares with international air carriers. Once you'll enter the details of your travel plan, our 'search' will immediately show you the multiple offerings by leading airlines. Pick the suitable one and fly to Lilongwe within your specified budget. At present, 9 carriers operate flights from Lilongwe with nonstop flights to as many as 07 cities. Currently, over 40 domestic and more than 150 international flights operate from Lilongwe.
Average airfares for flights to Lilongwe in November and December 2019
|Travelling From||November 2019 (Airfares From)||December 2019 (Airfares From)|
|London Heathrow to Lilongwe||£511 to £1284||£563 to £1503|
|Glasgow toLilongwe||£573 to £1061||£788 to £1551|
|Manchester to Lilongwe||£545 to £1366||£664 to £1787|
|Birmingham to Lilongwe||£544 to £1047||£700 to £1577|
|London Gatwick to Lilongwe||£675 o £1652||£867 to £1671|
Which Airlines Operate Flights To Lilongwe from the UK?
- Kenya Airways
- Ethiopian Airways
- Air France
- British Airways
How long is the flight to Lilongwe from the UK?
- The connecting flight from London Heathrow to Lilongwe is 14 to 17 hours long with one stopover in Nairobi or Addis Ababa.
- The trip to Lilongwe from Manchester takes 18 hours to reach the destination via Addis Ababa.
- With cheap shared flights you can reach Lilongwe in about 19 hours from Birmingham. These flights can have two stopovers, one in Europe and the other in Africa.
- Flights from London Gatwick Airport to Lilongwe take a route through the Middle East with a duration of 20 to 22 hours. These flights usually have two stopovers.
Are there any direct flights to Lilongwe from the UK?
No, there are no UK to Lilongwe direct flights available for the moment. However, passengers usually take a Kenya Airways or an Ethiopian Airways flight to the Lilongwe, which is cheaper and has only one stopover. These flights are seasonal and change schedules often, so contact our agents for the best possible flight to Lilongwe that is both quick and cheap.
Cheap Flights to Lilongwe with Ethiopian Airways
One of the most inexpensive options is to leave for Lilongwe from the UK, by taking an Ethiopian Airlines flight. Even though the price fluctuates with the seasons, Ethiopian Airlines always offers competitive fares on this route. There is a flight each day of the week except on Thursdays, at 9:00 PM taking off from London Heathrow for Addis Ababa and reaches Kenya in 8 hours. There are a total of 7 flights leaving for Addis Ababa from LHR every week.
From Addis Ababa, Ethiopian Airways operates 14 nonstop flights each week. The earliest flight leaves at 1:40 PM but only on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. However, the ET 876 flight regularly flies to Lilongwe at 2:20 PM every day. The duration of this leg of the trip is only 4 hours.
What is the cheapest time of year to fly to Lilongwe?
If you can bear a little higher temperature – usually oscillating between 30°C to 32°C – the month of November is a brief but definite time to book an affordable trip to Lilongwe. The rainy season begins in late November, and so most tourists are on the way out, leaving hotel rooms empty. Coming to Lilongwe in November can significantly reduce the bill though there would be a few rainy days here and there. In this time the cost of airfare also comes down significantly.
What are the major international airports in Lilongwe?
Lilongwe International Airport serves the capital city of Malawi and is sometimes called Kumuzu Airport (LLW) as well. The airport is only 26 kilometres from the city centre of Lilongwe, and this distance can be covered in 30 minutes via a taxi ride. Kumuzu International handled around 400,000 passengers last year.
What is the best time to visit Lilongwe?
Lilongwe exhibits two main seasons with a distinctive subtropical climate. Amongst both dry and wet season, copious sightseers set their course to Lilongwe in dry season beginning in April while tourism is at its peak till October. Also known as the post-rainy season, insignificant downpours are pleasant and give a serene outlook to the city. It’s the perfect time to spot on a reasonable quote for all the travel needs and head off for an enjoyable trip to Lilongwe.Off-Peak Season:
Lilongwe bears inclement weather mostly in January and February which can put a damper on the activities of forthcoming tourists. Unpredictable rainfall enlivens the lush vegetation but at the same time causes a certain level of humidity. So, it is not considered worthwhile to plan a trip predominantly in these months.
What are the major landmarks in Lilongwe?
Leading diverse lifestyles since years, Lilongwe is split into Old and New town. Being the capital of Malawi, Lilongwe is sprawling with a fusion of various bustling traditions that are enshrined in many landmarks of the city.
- Lilongwe Wildlife Centre is a sanctuary for rescued animals and a rehabilitation centre for the wildlife that is either orphaned or injured. The trust protects the country’s natural habitat by helping the animals in Malawi that require surgeries and are suffering from malnutrition. A part of the wildlife centre focuses on educating the masses and speaking up for the conservation of nature. The animals currently being treated or looked after at the sanctuary include hyenas, monkeys, antelopes and many different birds. Visit the shelter and aid those who are rebuilding nature.
- Chongoni Rock Art Area a bit far (80 kilometres) from Lilongwe, but it is worth the trip. There are 127 sites in that area, surrounded by hills and trees that depict caveman drawings dating back to the late Stone Age. These drawings are part of the archaeological heritage of Malawi and are protected under law. The prehistoric pictures show animals and designs that indicate ancestral and nature worship. There are indications that this place was a sacred temple for the early humans and still empowers the local women, even today, to perform magic and usher rain.
- The Maula Cathedral or the Cathedral of Lilongwe is located in the heart of the city. The building structure is modest but is a mixture of African and Romanesque architecture. The cathedral also serves as the headquarters of the Metropolitan Archdiocese of Lilongwe and is the centre of Roman Catholicism in Malawi.
What are the transportation options available to tourists within Lilongwe?
Even if you do not prefer an organized schedule during your holidaymaking, there are certain things if well thought of beforehand would always be an advantage. Knowing a little about commutation within a city would assist you in not wondering endlessly and avoid experiencing any inconvenience. The cheapest way to get around Lilongwe is by availing the service of a minibus which extends its useful services to all across the city. You may have to pay a little more for hiring a taxi and the comfort of travelling to anywhere without the congestion faced in minibuses. Moreover, car hire facilities are also at hand with a fully developed road infrastructure. However, beware of travelling to the outskirts of the city, where deteriorated roads may cause trouble for the driver.
Which five-star hotels and accommodation are available for stay in Lilongwe?
You are more likely to find top trending hotels and accommodation places in abundance during your course to Lilongwe. It is worthwhile considering that peak season and festival seasons go in effect with expensive rates for accommodation places. The variety of hotels, hostels, lodges and bed and breakfasts provide top-notch services according to international standards. Bear in mind that every luxury comes with an additional cost. Hence, budget-friendly options can also be sought if the potential travellers make a reservation at more economical hotels in Lilongwe. Few of these from the range are listed below;
- Pumulani Lodge
- Kumbali Country Lodge
- Sunbird Livingstonia Beach Hotel
- Sunbird Ku Chawe Hotel
- Cape McClear Nature Reserve
- Umodzi Park Hotel
- Lilongwe International Airport is the main airport catering for flights to and from Lilongwe.
- 4947 miles is the approximate flight distance between London and Lilongwe.
- It takes almost 10.5 hours for a flight between London and Lilongwe.
- No direct flights are currently available between London and Lilongwe.
- Kenya Airways, South African Airways and Ethiopian Airlines are preferred by most travellers to fly to Lilongwe.
- Ethiopian Airlines operates one-flight daily to Lilongwe flying from London Heathrow in the evening.
- South African Airways takes off London Heathrow in the evening and offers a flight each day to Lilongwe.
- Its a one-stop flight from London Heathrow and two-stop flight from Manchester to Lilongwe with Kenya Airways.
- The lowest fare you can get for Lilongwe starts from £668.