Cheap flights to Lilongwe
Recent searches for return flights to Lilongwe
Airlines that operates flights to lilongwe
Many popular airlines are serving major airports in the United Kingdom to undertake flights to the capital of Malawi, Lilongwe. Among them, Kenya Airways, Ethiopian Airlines and South African Airlines are at the top of the charts. Though, direct flights are not preceded for this route but numerous cheap flights with brief stopover en route are always in service of the potential customers. Meanwhile, genuine reductions in airfare always come with the long-haul flights. Other than Heathrow, airports including Manchester, Birmingham and Edinburgh are also served on regular basis for long haul flight operations of Lufthansa and Ethiopian Airlines to Lilongwe International Airport. Also Known as Kamuzu International Airport, it is situated at 12 miles from the city centre.
Flight duration from UK to Lilongwe
- London Heathrow to Lilongwe (LLW) with Ethiopian Airlines via Addis Ababa: 14 hours and 35 minutes
- London Heathrow to Lilongwe (LLW) with Kenya Airways via Nairobi: 17 hours and 25 minutes
- Manchester to Lilongwe (LLW) via Johannesburg with South African Airlines: 16 hours and 50 minutes
Leading diverse lifestyles since years, Lilongwe is split into Old and New town. Being the capital of Malawi, Lilongwe is sprawling with a fusion of various bustling traditions and encounters. The most pre-eminent in the Old Town are glimpses of African customs. Contemporary architecture with historically crafted ornaments and furnishings give an astounding overlook to the city. On the contrary, New Town is heart to the home ministries, foreign embassies, luxury hotels and many more which gives a sophisticated spotlight to the visitors. Set your way to discover emerald vegetations, indigenous wildlife, African cultural experiences and serenity that reinvigorates your soul.
baggage allowance of different airlines flying from the united kingdom to lilongwe
- Kenya Airways allows two bags where each bag should weigh not more than 23 kg in Economy Class and 32 kg in Premier World
- Ethiopian Airlines let you carry 2 pieces weighing 23 kg each in Economy Class and 3 pieces of 23 kg each in Cloud Nine
- South African Airlines will have travellers bring only one bag of 23 kg in Economy Class and 2 bags of 32 kg each in Business Class
best time to visit lilongwe
Lilongwe exhibits two main seasons with a distinctive Mediterranean to temperate climate. Amongst the both dry and wet season, copious sightseers set their course to Lilongwe in dry season beginning in April while tourism is at its peak till October. Also known as the post rainy season, insignificant downpours are pleasant and give a serene outlook to the city. It’s the perfect time to spot on a reasonable quote for all the travel needs and head off for an enjoyable trip to Lilongwe.Off Peak Season:
Lilongwe bears an inclement weather mostly in January and February which can put damper on the activities of forthcoming tourists. Unpredictable rainfall enlivens the lush vegetation but at the same time causes a certain level of humidity. So, it is not considered worthwhile to plan a trip predominantly in these months.
Even if you don’t prefer organized schedule during your holidaymaking, there are certain things if well thought of beforehand would always be an advantage. Knowing a little about commutation within a city would assist you in wondering endlessly and experience any regretful situation like extra fares or any inconvenience. The cheapest way to get around the Lilongwe is by availing the service of minibus which extends its useful services to all across the city. You may have to pay a little more for hiring a taxi and comfort of travelling to anywhere without the congestion faced in minibuses. And more, Car hire facility is also at hand with the fully developed road infrastructure. But beware to move in the outskirts of city, where deteriorated roads may cause trouble for the driver.
You are more likely to find top trending hotels and accommodation places in abundance during your course to Lilongwe. It is worthwhile considering that peak season and festival seasons go in effect with expensive rates for accommodation places. The variety of hotels, hostels, lodges and bed and breakfasts are providing their top notch services with international standards. Bear in mind that every luxury comes with an additional cost. Hence, budget friendly options can also be sought after if potential travellers make reservation from the great selection of hotels in Lilongwe. Few of these from the range are listed below;
- Pumulani Lodge
- Kumbali Country Lodge
- Sunbird Livingstonia Beach Hotel
- Sunbird Ku Chawe Hotel
- Cape McClear Nature Reserve
- Umodzi Park Hotel
- Lilongwe International Airport is the main airport catering for flights to and from Lilongwe.
- 4947 miles is the approximate flight distance between London and Lilongwe.
- It takes almost 10.5 hours for a flight between London and Lilongwe.
- No direct flights are currently available between London and Lilongwe.
- Kenya Airways, South African Airways and Ethiopian Airlines are preferred by most travellers to fly to Lilongwe.
- Ethiopian Airlines operates one-flight daily to Lilongwe flying from London Heathrow in the evening.
- South African Airways takes off London Heathrow in the evening and offers a flight each day to Lilongwe.
- Its a one-stop flight from London Heathrow and two-stop flight from Manchester to Lilongwe with Kenya Airways.
- The lowest fare you can get for Lilongwe starts from £668.