Hoping to find cheap flights to Lilongwe on this vast internet world? Don’t worry, TravelHouseUK offers you an exclusive opportunity by sorting lowest airfare deals to Lilongwe, one of the renowned places that are home to Safaris in the wilderness and wildlife, Lilongwe offers views of nature from scenic villages to mountains, architecture from mausoleums to modern buildings and variety food from restaurants to steakhouses.
Get yourself budget flight deals to Lilongwe by comparing Lilongwe flights airfares with our rich variety of fares with international air carriers. Once you'll enter the details of your travel plan, our 'search' will immediately show you the multiple offerings by leading airlines. Pick the suitable one and fly to Lilongwe within your specified budget. At present, 9 carriers operate flights from Lilongwe with nonstop flights to as many as 07 cities. Currently, over 40 domestic and more than 150 international flights operate from Lilongwe.
Recent searches for return flights to Lilongwe 2021/2022
Which airlines operate flights to Lilongwe from the UK?
- Kenya Airways: With KQ, you can pick up any day to fly Lilongwe via Nairobi from Heathrow.
- Ethiopian Airways: Ethiopian Airlines’ smooth flight operations have one-stop daily flights to Lilongwe (LLW) from Heathrow.
- British Airways: In connection with South African Airways at JNB, British Airways offers a daily flight to Lilongwe (LLW) from Heathrow.
- KLM/Air France: Taking off from Heathrow Airport, both airlines connect with Kenya Airways to maintain multi-stop regular passenger flights to Lilongwe.
How long is the flight to Lilongwe from the UK?
- The connecting flight from London Heathrow to Lilongwe is 14 to 17 hours long with one stopover in Nairobi or Addis Ababa.
- The trip to Lilongwe from Manchester takes 18 hours to reach the destination via Addis Ababa.
- With cheap shared flights you can reach Lilongwe in about 19 hours from Birmingham. These flights can have two stopovers, one in Europe and the other in Africa.
- Flights from London Gatwick Airport to Lilongwe take a route through the Middle East with a duration of 20 to 22 hours. These flights usually have two stopovers.
Are there any direct flights to Lilongwe from the UK?
No, there are no UK to Lilongwe direct flights available for the moment. However, passengers usually take a Kenya Airways or an Ethiopian Airways flight to the Lilongwe, which is cheaper and has only one stopover. These flights are seasonal and change schedules often, so contact our agents for the best possible flight to Lilongwe that is both quick and cheap.
Cheap flights to Lilongwe with Ethiopian Airways
One of the most inexpensive options is to leave for Lilongwe from the UK, by taking an Ethiopian Airlines flight. Even though the price fluctuates with the seasons, Ethiopian Airlines always offers competitive fares on this route. There is a flight each day of the week except on Thursdays, at 9:00 PM taking off from London Heathrow for Addis Ababa and reaches Kenya in 8 hours. There are a total of 7 flights leaving for Addis Ababa from LHR every week.
From Addis Ababa, Ethiopian Airways operates 14 nonstop flights each week. The earliest flight leaves at 1:40 PM but only on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. However, the ET 876 flight regularly flies to Lilongwe at 2:20 PM every day. The duration of this leg of the trip is only 4 hours.
What is the cheapest time of year to fly to Lilongwe?
If you can bear a little higher temperature – usually oscillating between 30°C to 32°C – the month of November is a brief but definite time to book an affordable trip to Lilongwe. The rainy season begins in late November, and so most tourists are on the way out, leaving hotel rooms empty. Coming to Lilongwe in November can significantly reduce the bill though there would be a few rainy days here and there. In this time the cost of airfare also comes down significantly.
What are the major international airports in Lilongwe?
Lilongwe International Airport serves the capital city of Malawi and is sometimes called Kumuzu Airport (LLW) as well. The airport is only 26 kilometres from the city centre of Lilongwe, and this distance can be covered in 30 minutes via a taxi ride. Kumuzu International handled around 400,000 passengers last year.
What is the best time to visit Lilongwe?
Lilongwe exhibits two main seasons with a distinctive subtropical climate. Amongst both dry and wet season, copious sightseers set their course to Lilongwe in dry season beginning in April while tourism is at its peak till October. Also known as the post-rainy season, insignificant downpours are pleasant and give a serene outlook to the city. It’s the perfect time to spot on a reasonable quote for all the travel needs and head off for an enjoyable trip to Lilongwe.Off-Peak Season:
Lilongwe bears inclement weather mostly in January and February which can put a damper on the activities of forthcoming tourists. Unpredictable rainfall enlivens the lush vegetation but at the same time causes a certain level of humidity. So, it is not considered worthwhile to plan a trip predominantly in these months.
What are the transportation options available to tourists within Lilongwe?
Even if you do not prefer an organized schedule during your holidaymaking, there are certain things if well thought of beforehand would always be an advantage. Knowing a little about commutation within a city would assist you in not wondering endlessly and avoid experiencing any inconvenience. The cheapest way to get around Lilongwe is by availing the service of a minibus which extends its useful services to all across the city. You may have to pay a little more for hiring a taxi and the comfort of travelling to anywhere without the congestion faced in minibuses. Moreover, car hire facilities are also at hand with a fully developed road infrastructure. However, beware of travelling to the outskirts of the city, where deteriorated roads may cause trouble for the driver.
- Lilongwe International Airport is the main airport catering for flights to and from Lilongwe.
- 4947 miles is the approximate flight distance between London and Lilongwe.
- It takes almost 10.5 hours for a flight between London and Lilongwe.
- No direct flights are currently available between London and Lilongwe.
- Kenya Airways, South African Airways and Ethiopian Airlines are preferred by most travellers to fly to Lilongwe.
- Ethiopian Airlines operates one-flight daily to Lilongwe flying from London Heathrow in the evening.
- South African Airways takes off London Heathrow in the evening and offers a flight each day to Lilongwe.
- Its a one-stop flight from London Heathrow and two-stop flight from Manchester to Lilongwe with Kenya Airways.
- The lowest fare you can get for Lilongwe starts from £668.