Cheap flights to Luanda
Recent searches for return flights to Luanda
Airlines flying to Luanda
- Air france
- TAP Portugal
Located on the West Coast of Africa, the port of Luanda stands proud as the capital and the largest city in Angola. With a swelling population and rapid development the city has been reborn. The city sports a coastal setting, offering luxury accommodations and top notch restaurants for an exotic adventure-filled, seaside vacation. Take a break from the hustle bustle of the city and visit the nearby Mussulo, a land covered with lush green coconut trees, golden sand and calm waters, as well as bungalows and bars to keep the atmosphere relaxed. For a more outdoor activity head south to Parque Nacional da Kissama, being Angola’s most accessible and well stocked wildlife park. This one-of-a-kind park is home to sea turtles, buffaloes, elephants, indigenous antelopes. Inject a little culture to your trip as you set off to Museu de Antropologia as it stands as Luanda’s oldest building, exhibiting African masks, musical instruments and native hunting artefacts. Other museums also worth visiting is the Museu de Historia Natural which hosts permanent marine and mammal exhibitions. An unusual sight is the Palacio de Ferro designed by Frenchmen Gastave Eiffel from the Paris Universal Exhibition, which was dismantled and brought to Luanda in 1902.
The distance from Luanda De Fevereiro is approximately 2.25 kilometres.
Leading airlines including Emirates, Air France, Kenya Airways, Iberia, KLM and Ethiopian Airlines are hosted by Luanda Airport.
Air France offers direct flights to Luanda from UK.
Local transport such as busses and taxis operate to and from the airport to facilitate travellers. Radio cabs are also available.
Although local transport has a prompt working system all over the city, it is recommended to avoid traffic and delays by exploring on foot. Mini vans are the general option for central commute, along with boda bodas (motorcycle taxis). Car rental services can also be arranged locally.
Luanda sports a tropical climate with little temperature variations around the year. Months June and September are most preferred by tourists as the climate is slightly cooler and drier.
Having a seaside setting, Luanda offers not only luxury accommodations by the beach but also those located in the suburbs which are located near the airport, making them popular amongst tourists. If you wish to splurge whilst on your trip, choose to stay at the Le Presidente Meridien which is only steps away from the breathtaking beach, offering high end amenities such as international restaurants, spa facilities, meeting facilities, minis bars and more. Many accommodations are located in the heart of the city offering both luxury and budget friendly hotels and apartments, overlooking the bay and the city’s busy action. For a more relaxed and calm stay opt for the bungalows situated in the suburbs of the city, with paths lined with trees, retro decorations and cozy mini bars setting the mood to unwind and relax.
- You can choose to fly to Luanda from 10 UK airports.
- It takes almost 9 hours for a flight from London to Luanda.
- Preferred airlines to fly with to Luanda are Iberia Airways, KLM and Royal Air Maroc.
- Luanda and London are 4140 miles apart.
- Luanda flights start from £621 and can go more than £2200 with business class.
- There is no time difference between Luanda and London.
- BA offers direct flights to Luanda from Heathrow.
- Most of the airlines operate Luanda flights in the evening
- Royal Air Maroc offers flights daily to Luanda
- Lufthansa, Tap Air Portugal, Air France and Emirates operate flights to Luanda from major UK airports
- Tap Air Portugal is a good option to fly with in terms of baggage allowance as it gives you two pieces of 23 kgs each and 7 kgs hand luggage