Cheap flights to Luanda
Cheapest price to
(from London Heathrow)
fr £ 361.74
Recent searches for return flights to Luanda
Which airlines operate flights to Luanda from UK?
- Tap Portugal
- Air France
- Ethiopian Airlines
are there any direct flights to luanda from uk?
Air France offers direct flights to Luanda from UK.
How long is the flight to Luanda from UK?
- Heathrow to Luanda (LAD) via Lisbon: 12 hours
- Heathrow to Luanda via Paris: 11 hours and 5 minutes
- Manchester to Luanda on one-stop flight: 13 hours
- Birmingham to Luanda on a one-stop flight: 14 hours and 10 minutes
What are the most popular stopovers on flights to Luanda?
Owing to varying flight route preference, you may add your preferred stopover which could be Paris, Dusseldorf, Addis Ababa, Lisbon, and Frankfurt.
Which is the cheapest airline for flights to Luanda?
The cheapest airline is Tap Portugal which cost around 304 GBP for a flight ticket on a round trip to Luanda. You may experience seasonal variation so it’s always advised to book flights in advance to get your hands on cheapest flight.
Which are the major international airports in Luanda?
Quatro de Fevereiro International Airport is the official name of the airport at Luanda. However, it is at times just called the Luanda airport. It is situated south of the city and is an easy commute from the city center.
how far is the Luanda De Fevereiro airport from the city centre?
The distance from Luanda De Fevereiro is approximately 2.25 kilometres.
How To Get Around The City in Luanda?
Although local transport has a prompt working system all over the city, it is recommended to avoid traffic and delays by exploring on foot. Minivans are the general option for the central commute, along with boda-bodas (motorcycle taxis). Car rental services can also be arranged locally.
What is the best time to visit Luanda?
Luanda is among the most pleasant cities in Angola. All year the temperature remains between 20̊ C and 31̊ C, however the humidity might become bothersome in March. The most ideal time to visit Luanda is between June and September.
How far is the Luanda Airport from The city centre?
The distance from Luanda De Fevereiro is approximately 2.25 kilometers. Local transport such as buses and taxis operate to and from the airport to facilitate travellers. Radio cabs are also available.
What are the major landmarks in Luanda?
- Wonder at the Miradouro da Lua or ‘viewpoint of the Moon’ which is a landscape formed by continuous erosion of the wind and rain. It feels as if the visitor is surveying the moon.
- Feel like a king at the Fortress of São Miguel, an old Portuguese port of Angola that was used for trade. The port is now adorned with tiles and statues of Portuguese kings and explorers.
- Avenida 4 de Fevereiro is the Champs-Elysées of Luanda which houses some important ministries, buildings, and malls.
- Take a dive at the Sangano Beach which is packed with restaurants, resorts and snorkeling areas for the perfect entertainment.
why visit luanda?
Located on the West Coast of Africa, the port of Luanda stands proud as the capital and the largest city in Angola. With a swelling population and rapid development the city has been reborn. The city sports a coastal setting, offering luxury accommodations and top notch restaurants for an exotic adventure-filled, seaside vacation. Take a break from the hustle bustle of the city and visit the nearby Mussulo, a land covered with lush green coconut trees, golden sand and calm waters, as well as bungalows and bars to keep the atmosphere relaxed. For a more outdoor activity head south to Parque Nacional da Kissama, being Angola’s most accessible and well stocked wildlife park. This one-of-a-kind park is home to sea turtles, buffaloes, elephants, indigenous antelopes. Inject a little culture to your trip as you set off to Museu de Antropologia as it stands as Luanda’s oldest building, exhibiting African masks, musical instruments and native hunting artefacts. Other museums also worth visiting is the Museu de Historia Natural which hosts permanent marine and mammal exhibitions. An unusual sight is the Palacio de Ferro designed by Frenchmen Gastave Eiffel from the Paris Universal Exhibition, which was dismantled and brought to Luanda in 1902.
how to get around the city?
Although local transport has a prompt working system all over the city, it is recommended to avoid traffic and delays by exploring on foot. Mini vans are the general option for central commute, along with boda bodas (motorcycle taxis). Car rental services can also be arranged locally.
where to stay in luanda?
Having a seaside setting, Luanda offers not only luxury accommodations by the beach but also those located in the suburbs which are located near the airport, making them popular amongst tourists. If you wish to splurge whilst on your trip, choose to stay at the Le Presidente Meridien which is only steps away from the breathtaking beach, offering high end amenities such as international restaurants, spa facilities, meeting facilities, minis bars and more. Many accommodations are located in the heart of the city offering both luxury and budget friendly hotels and apartments, overlooking the bay and the city’s busy action. For a more relaxed and calm stay opt for the bungalows situated in the suburbs of the city, with paths lined with trees, retro decorations and cozy mini bars setting the mood to unwind and relax.
What are the entry requirements for Luanda?
If the traveller is a UK passport holder, the visitor is required to apply for a pre-visa which is through an online service. The visitor needs to prove that he can sustain himself and afford the accommodations and travelling. Once the pre-visa is approved, the visa can be obtained at the Luanda Airport, when the visitor lands.
which is the best hotel accomodation in luanda
- Talatona Convention Hotel
- EPIC SANA Luanda Hotel
- Thomson House Hotel
- Hotel Presidente Luanda
- You can choose to fly to Luanda from 10 UK airports.
- It takes almost 9 hours for a flight from London to Luanda.
- Preferred airlines to fly with to Luanda are Iberia Airways, KLM and Royal Air Maroc.
- Luanda and London are 4140 miles apart.
- Luanda flights start from £621 and can go more than £2200 with business class.
- There is no time difference between Luanda and London.
- BA offers direct flights to Luanda from Heathrow.
- Most of the airlines operate Luanda flights in the evening
- Royal Air Maroc offers flights daily to Luanda
- Lufthansa, Tap Air Portugal, Air France and Emirates operate flights to Luanda from major UK airports
- Tap Air Portugal is a good option to fly with in terms of baggage allowance as it gives you two pieces of 23 kgs each and 7 kgs hand luggage