Cheap one-way & return flights to Banjul from London
Which airlines operate flights to Banjul from UK?
- Royal Air Maroc
- Brussels Airline
- British Airways
- AirBaltic Airlines
- Ethiopian Airlines
- Air France
Which airlines offer direct flights to Banjul?
Regrettably, there are no direct flights to Banjul from anywhere in the UK. The preferred flight to Banjul is operated by Royal Air Moroc that takes the passenger from the UK to Casablanca and then from there to Banjul. Brussels Air and Lufthansa also offer similar flights.
How long is the flight from UK to Banjul?
- The London Heathrow to Banjul Airport flight’s duration can be 11 to 15 hours long. The flight has a stopover at Casablanca or Brussels.
- The Manchester to Banjul flight lasts for 11 to 16 hours. This flight duration heavily depends on the airline chosen to fly with.
- Flights from Birmingham to Banjul are more than 22 hours long. This is due to the lengthy stopover at Accra, Casablanca or Amsterdam.
- Flights to Banjul from London Gatwick airport are much quicker. The average duration of a flight is just 7 hours 40 minutes and it comes with just one stopover.
Which is the cheapest month to fly to Banjul?
The cheapest time to visit Banjul is in the months of June and July. It is not crowded on the beaches of Banjul anyway, but the tourist traffic to the city slows down significantly during these months. In June and July, Banjul receives a lot of rainfall and the highest average temperature can go beyond 34°C. Some tourists still like the toasty temperature of the Gambian summer. The rain makes Banjul seem greener, as the new leaves and foliage regrow over the trees in and around the city. It is still interesting to visit the city in the rainy season of Banjul. Additionally, the cheaper accommodation and airfare makes this escape truly grand.
Which is the best time to visit Banjul?
The best time to visit the Gambia is from September to February. In the autumn season, not only are the rain far away from Banjul but the weather is nice and warm. The temperature remains between the Goldilocks range of 23°C to 27°C, which is perfect for a light tan. Why shiver in your home, as the winter grips Europe when you can celebrate Christmas with the warm sand clamping your toes at a beach in Banjul.
Which are the main international airports in Banjul?
Banjul International Airport or Yundum International Airport (BJL) serves the city of Banjul and it is the only airport in the entire country. Banjul is the capital of the Gambia. Banjul city centre resides on the coast of the city, right on the delta of the Gambia River. The trip from the airport to Banjul city centre is 26 kilometres and it takes 40 minutes to get there from the airport by car.
What are the entry requirements to Banjul for British travellers?
British nationals with a valid British passport do not require a visa to visit the Gambia. On arrival, a 28-day visa is stamped on your passport which can further be extended for another 28 days. Please contact the Gambian High Commission in London if your trip to the Gambia is for more than 3 months or if you have further questions regarding your stay.
Which are the most famous landmarks in Banjul?
- The Gambian National Museum is the place to visit if the traveller wants a crash course in Gambian art, history and culture. The museum is laden with Gambian artefacts that celebrate the African traditions of the country. The ground floor of the museum actually displays the cultural and political history of Banjul city alone. The striking colours and tapestries on ancient pottery and sculptures showcase a time before the colonization of the country. In the basement of the museum, Gambian music and its evolution are exhibited. School children are often seen visiting the museum, accompanied by their teachers on school trips.
- The Arch 22 monument in Banjul was constructed by a former president of Gambia, Yahya Jammeh. The arch represents the triumph of the bloodless coup de tat that deposed the first president of the Gambia, who was ruling the country since its inception in 1965. The Arch 22 has three levels. The second floor has a gallery that has a spectacular view of the beach and the rest of Banjul city. A statue of the “unknown soldier” is placed near the foundations of the arch. The Unknown Soldier appears to be holding a baby in one arm and making a victory sign from the other. The Arch 22 has become a place where people gather to celebrate almost everything.
What are the transportation options available to tourists within Banjul?
The capital city of Banjul has seen some infrastructure development recently. The road network built in the city’s centre and the main administrative district allows you to move freely. Hiring a taxi is the best way to go about Banjul. In the outskirts of the city, the roads are not as well maintained so it is best to have a hired taxi with a driver that knows the place well.
Which five-star hotels and accommodation are available for stay in Banjul?
- Kairaba Beach Hotel
- Flourish Wellness Resort
- Ocean Bay Hotel & Resort
- Coconut Residence
- Senegambia Beach Hotel
Flights and flight-inclusive holidays on this website are financially protected by the ATOL scheme. However some are not and at time of booking you confirm what protection is applicable. This website is a part of Moresand Ltd (registration no. 02114691) T/A Travelhouseuk registered in England and wales . Office , 10-11 Percy St, Fitzrovia, London W1T 1DN. All bookings protected under the ATOL scheme will receive an ATOL certificate. In cases where a part payment is made that flight booking is ATOL protected. In some cases a certificate does not indicate all the trip segments - this means the omitted parts are not ATOL protected). Please refer to our booking conditions for further information please visit www.atol.org.uk/ATOLCertificate