Cheap flights to New York
Recent flight searches for cheap tickets to New York
- British Airways (BA)
- Delta Air (DL)
- American Airlines (AA)
- Air France (AF)
- Iberia Air (IB)
- Aer Lingus (EI)
- KLM (KL)
- United Airlines (UA)
- Virgin Atlantic (VS)
- Air France (AF)
- Brussels Airlines (SN) via Brussels
- Swiss Air(LX) via Zurich
- Iceland Air (FI) via Dusseldorf
The largest airport of New York City i.e. the John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) is located approximately 15 miles from Midtown Manhattan, serving all the flight needs of population of New York City.
- Direct flights to New York City (JFK) from Heathrow (LHR)with British Airways: 7 hours and 35 minutes
- Flying from Heathrow to New York City (JFK) with Delta Air: 7 hours and 35 minutes
- Flight from Heathrow to New York City (JFK) with Virgin Atlantic: 7 hours and 35 minutes
- Flights originating from Manchester (MAN)with scheduled arrival at American Airlines : 7 hours and 45 minutes
- VS flights from Manchester to New York (JFK): 7 hours and 45 minutes
- British Airways: Daily direct frequencies are available.
- Iberia Air: Flights are operated on daily basis.
- Delta Air: direct flights are operated from Monday to Sunday.
- Virgin Atlantic: Fly with VS on any day of the week.
- American Airlines: Airline serves the JFK airport throughout the week.
- Aer Lingus: Monday-Sunday.
- Air France: Daily direct flight is available on regular basis.
- United Airlines: With UA, you can fly on any day of the week as per their given schedule.
- American Airlines: Flights are available throughout the week.
- Iberia Air: With IA, flights may be booked on any given day of the week.
- Virgin Atlantic: VS operates flights through all the seven days of the week.
- British Airways: Daily flights are available.
- Aer Lingus: EI manages daily flight connections via Dublin, Ireland.
- Iceland Air: All the days of the week from Monday to Sunday.
- British Airways: Flights may be opted on any day of he week.
- Virgin Atlantic: Daily flight connections on all the days of the week.
- British Airways permits you a hand carry including an additional cabin bag whose combined weight should not be more than 23 kg. Make sure the zip shuts correctly. Checked in baggage includes 1 bag of 23 kg for adults in Economy Class and 2 bags of 32 kg each for Business Class.
- An Emirates flight commencing its journey from any major UK airport for New York is permitted to take 35 kg checked in luggage for a single adult fare travelling in Economy Class. While commuting in Business Class, you can take up to 40 kg whereas First Class privileges you to clutch 50 kg luggage on your set course.
- In pursuance of your air travel with American Airlines, Economy Class travellers can take checked in baggage of 23 kg, whereas if you choose to luxuriate yourself in Business Class or First Class then you can take 2 and 3 bags weighing 23 kg each respectively.
- While flying with Delta Air, you may carry two bags of23 kg each in Basic Economy Class and 2 bags of 32 kg each in Business Class, which is also known as Delta Premium Class.
- Iberia Air mentions the standard baggage to be a bag of 23 kg such that an economy class traveller can carry a single bag where as Business Class may opt to pack as much as they can in 2 standard bags only.
- KLM, following the baggage allowance standardization, would take up to 1 bag of 23 kg in Economy Class and 2 bags of 32 kg each in Business Class.
- If you choose to fly with United Airlines, standard baggage allowance is 23 kg for United Economy and 32 kg for United Business Class.
- While providing the best of in-flight entertainment, Iceland Air does not make any compromise on baggage allowance as well. Economy Class traveller may carry one bag of 23 kg; Economy Comfort lets you take 2 bags of 23 kg whereas 2 bags of 32 kg are permitted in Saga Class.
The best time to visit this fantastic city simply depends on interests and activities of an individual. Generally, avoid travelling to New York during the extreme winter months, i.e. January and February, especially if you tend to get winter blues. But at the same time, you are likely to avail the most exciting discounts on flight tickets and accommodation prices.
Spring and summer seasons are the best times to explore the best of this tourist magnet with mostly visitors setting their ways to Manhattan in huge numbers. Early fall is also perfect when cool breeze and moderate temperature predominates. But remember, no matter what time of the year you travel to New York, the city will always be alive, kicking and never lacking fun-filled activities.
You know you're in the world's most inspiring and happening cities when you find yourself getting awestruck by the towering skyscrapers, the dazzling aura of the famed Times Square, the hustle and bustle of the city, and a spectacular mix of cultures from across the globe. Yes, this is none other than the beautiful and the happening city of New York.
So whether you seek to savor the most stunning panoramic view of the city from the Empire State building, indulge in the most powering theatrical performances of Broadway, the bustling energy of Times Square, the inspiring aura of the Central Park, the world-class museums, thrilling ice-skate at the Rockefeller Center, and not to mention, indulging in a nightlife unlike ever before, the city of New York has all this and a whole lot more. This is also a haven for all the food lovers. From top notch restaurants of world-renowned chefs to tantalizingly delicious street food, you just take your pick and everything will be simply scrumptious. So it's best to say that you will simply never go hungry when in New York.
New York is best to be explored on foot as is seen by the huge flocks of pedestrians in all the major tourist spots of the city.Hiring a Taxi in New York:
This is perhaps the best mode of travelling in New York City which wouldn’t get too expensive and is also quite easy to get hold of no matter where you are in the city. You will be charged usually between £5- £10 for travelling anywhere in Manhattan. Prices are exclusive of surcharge at peak hours and passengers are bound to pay at the spot.Subway in New York:
This is one of the cheapest ways of travelling around New York City and also one of the best ways of really exploring the essence of life in this happening city. The subway works round the clock and is almost always crowded no matter what time of the day you are travelling.Renting a Car in New York:
Renting your own vehicle is not suggested especially if you are travelling within the main metropolitan city. This is because traffic at all times in the city of New York can get quite hectic. Renting a car would be a good option if you are seeking to travel more in the outskirts of the city.Buses in New York:
Using the bus is also a good option provided that you aren't travelling during the peak hours where you may be stuck in traffic.
Surfing internet for where to stay in New York? Well, this is not something to be worried about when you are heading to the most happening of countries. You can always find hotels fully equipped with contemporary facilities in three to five stars hotels as per your budget and needs. Plenty of luxury hotels offer lavish accommodation and dining amenities. It is recommended to find a hotel which makes your commuting to tourist point lesser. If you are travelling during the peak season, it is advised to book well-ahead of time to avoid any hassle. Our travel experts have listed down hotels in and across the Manhattan choose from the following and seek advice from our agents to get a fully- featured personalized holiday package whether you wish to stay in Times Square or close to Central Park.
- Mandarin Oriental
- The Pierre
- Four Seasons Hotel
- The Ritz-Carlton
- Park Hyatt
- The Mark Hotel
- Baccarat Hotel & Residences
- New York City has plenty of sights and things to do that you do not want to miss out on. So make sure you get hold of a guidebook that will enable you to plan your trip in a fashion that will take you through the city without missing out on the major tourist attractions.
- You may want to book your reservations to some of New York's best listed attractions as soon as you land in the city. These include NBC studio tour, Top of the Rock sunset observation, Empire State observation etc.
- Check for the prevalent weather conditions during your intended time of stay and pack accordingly. If you are travelling during the summer months, make sure you pack light clothing and comfortable walking shoes. Winters are extreme in New York so you may want to pack high boots also.
- Touring with volunteer guides is perhaps one of the best ways of touring New York's major tourist attractions.