Cheap flights to New York
Recent flight searches for cheap tickets to New York
Which Airline Operates Flights To New York ?
- British Airways (BA)
- Delta Air (DL)
- American Airlines (AA)
- Air France (AF)
- Iberia Air (IB)
- Aer Lingus (EI)
- KLM (KL)
- United Airlines (UA)
- Virgin Atlantic (VS)
- Air France (AF)
- Brussels Airlines (SN) via Brussels
- Swiss Air(LX) via Zurich
- Iceland Air (FI) via Dusseldorf
How Long Does It Take To Fly To New York From Uk?
- Direct flights to New York City (JFK) from Heathrow (LHR): 2 hours and 40 minutes
- Flights originating from Manchester (MAN) : 2 hours and 20 minutes
- Gatwick Airport to New York: 3 hours
What Are The main International Airports In New York?
John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) is the major international airport serving the great city of New York. New York airport has four runways, one of them is 4.4 kilometres long and is able to withstand the weight of larger planes. Last year the airport received 59.3 million passengers. JFK is only 30 kilometres away from Manhattan. The airport is also connected by the New York subway system and the Long Island Railroad. Bus services that extend from the subway stations make the airport even more accessible.
What is the cheapest time of year to fly to New York?
The cheapest time to visit New York is between the months of November to February. Obviously, deducting the holiday weeks and the New Year, New York is the cheapest during the cold winter months. The most expensive tickets generally are in July and August. But that is where we come in. We at Travel House UK provide you with the cheapest airfares, any time of the year. It would help us though if you give us a three-month window.
which airlines operates Direct Flights To New York From UK?
Yes, multiple airlines offer direct flights to New York from London. You may avail direct flights from all the major airports in London mainly Heathrow, London City Airport, Manchester, and Gatwick. The most preferred airlines are British Airways, Iberia Air, American Airlines and Thomas Cook Airlines. On average, direct flight to New York requires 2 hours and 40 minutes approximately to reach John F. Kennedy Airport from London.
What Are The visa Entry Requirements To New York For British Travellers?
UK passport holders can enter the United States under the VWP or Visa Waiver Program. There are, however, certain conditions that need to be met before the travel.
Please assure that your UK passport describes you as a 'British Citizen'. You are required to use an ePassport, that contains a microchip with the information of the individual and you must be attested by ESTA (Electronic System of Travel Authorization). It is important that you have a no or negligible criminal history. You must not be a dual national of Iran, Iraq, Sudan or Syria, nor should you have had travelled to Libya, Iran, Iraq, Somalia, Sudan, Syria or Yemen, since March 2011. The customs agent could ask you to prove how you would fund yourself while you are in the country.
What is the best time to visit New York?
Spring and summer seasons are the best times to explore the best of this tourism magnet with mostly visitors setting their ways to Manhattan in huge numbers. Early fall is also perfect when cool breeze and moderate temperature predominates. But remember, no matter what time of the year you travel to New York, the city will always be alive, kicking and never lacking fun-filled activities.
which are the famous landmarks in new york?
New York is the one place in the entire world that has everything, from 24-hour restaurants, immortal nightclubs and even more restaurants, hotels, bars and relaxation clubs. New York has it all.
- She looks at the horizon, standing resolutely with her promise of freedom. The statue of liberty is the first landmark on top of all lists of landmarks in New York. Omitting her is like desecrating the American dream. Built by a French architect, the statue was a symbol of hope for those you immigrated to America in the late 19th century in ships. She holds her torch up high, gathering tourists and American citizens alike. At her feet is the National Museum of Immigration.
- The Empire State Building is perhaps the best-known landmark that describes the American pride of constructing skyscrapers. The internal architecture of the building depicts and Art Deco murals and shiny copper elevator doors. For a ticket, you can visit the observatory of the building, and check out New York from above. With an eagles eye view, New York seems much less chaotic but much more expansive.
- Perhaps the most infamous event that not only rattled the American nation but the rest of the world was 9/11. The 9/11 memorial museum was build to pay respect and tribute to all those who lost their lives on that unfortunate day. It is among the most visited sites in New York. Even though it is a sad place to visit, this place changed the lives of millions all around the world and demands a visit. Going there is not only sad but also humbling and unifying in the face of tyranny and terrorism.
Which events and festivals are celebrated in New York?
Every day in New York is a festival. Every day there is one community or the other that is celebrating their New Year, or the Holi, or their patron saint in the streets of New York. When all is said and done, New York is a city of immigrants, who brought a little piece of their cultures into the melting pot of festivals that, is New York.
- Everyone has heard about the Tribeca Film Festival conducted in April each year. To watch a true artist perform, to portray a man struggling through life without any magical powers has become a rarity and a delight.
- New York also celebrates the NYC Craft Beer Festival in October. Seventy-five breweries from all over the United States participate in the event. So, loosen up that belt, and grab hold of that lager pint, because either way, it's going to be an interesting few days… that is if you remember them.
- The New York Chocolate Show is the most anticipated event for chocolatiers and chocolate-eaters west of the Greenwich Meridian. Everything on that 120-meter-square park is a celebration of the cocoa pod. Even the Oompa-Loompas envy at the festival.
What are the transportation options available to tourists within New York?
New York is best to be explored on foot as is seen by the huge flocks of pedestrians in all the major tourist spots of the city. The entire city is like a grid, and easily navigatable. Hiring a Taxi, however, is the best mode of travelling in New York City which wouldn’t get too expensive and is also quite easy to get hold of no matter where you are in the city. This is one of the cheapest ways of travelling around New York City and also one of the best ways of really exploring the essence of life in this happening city. The subway works round the clock and is almost always crowded no matter what time of the day you are travelling. Using the bus is also a good option provided that you aren't travelling during the peak hours where you may be stuck in traffic.
Which five star hotels and accommodation are available for stay in New York, NY?
Plenty of luxury hotels offer lavish accommodation and dining amenities. It is recommended to find a hotel which makes your commuting to tourist point lesser. If you are travelling during the peak season, it is advised to book well ahead of time to avoid any hassle.
- Mandarin Oriental
- The Pierre
- Four Seasons Hotel
- The Ritz-Carlton
- Park Hyatt
- The Mark Hotel
- Baccarat Hotel & Residences
Handy Tips you should know before travelling to New York!
- New York City has plenty of sights and things to do that you do not want to miss out on. So make sure you get hold of a guidebook that will enable you to plan your trip in a fashion that will take you through the city without missing out on the major tourist attractions.
- You may want to book your reservations to some of New York's best listed attractions as soon as you land in the city. These include NBC studio tour, Top of the Rock sunset observation, Empire State observation etc.
- Check for the prevalent weather conditions during your intended time of stay and pack accordingly. If you are travelling during the summer months, make sure you pack light clothing and comfortable walking shoes. Winters are extreme in New York so you may want to pack high boots also.
- Touring with volunteer guides is perhaps one of the best ways of touring New York's major tourist attractions.