Cheap flights to Johannesburg
Cheapest price to
(from London Heathrow)
fr £ 380.64
Recent searches for return flights to Johannesburg
Airlines That Operate Flights To Johannesburg
- British Airways
- KLM / Air France
- South African Airways
- Virgin Atlantic
- Turkish Airlines
- Qatar Airways
- Kenya Airways
- Ethiopian Airlines
How Long Is The Flight To Johannesburg From UK?
- Direct flights from London Heathrow to Johannesburg take 11 hours minimum. Direct flights are offered by South African Airways, British Airways, and Virgin Atlantic. The minimum flight duration on connecting flights to Johannesburg from London Heathrow is 13 hours. Lufthansa is the operator of these flights.
- The total flight duration from London Gatwick to Johannesburg is 16 hours and 20 minutes with Turkish Airlines. The flight is via Istanbul.
- From Manchester to Johannesburg, the minimum flight duration is 13 hours and 5 minutes with British Airways. These are one-stop flights via London.
- The minimum flight duration for Johannesburg from Birmingham is 13 hours and 15 minutes. The flight is operated by Lufthansa. This includes the layover time (layover in Frankfurt).
- From Edinburgh to Johannesburg, the flight duration is 13 hours and 30 minutes. British Airways is the operator of these one-stop flights to Johannesburg via London.
Which Airlines Operate Direct Flights To Johannesburg?
Direct flights to Johannesburg are only available from London Heathrow Airport. Following are the airlines operating direct flights for this route:
British Airways Flight Schedule for Johannesburg From London Heathrow
British Airways regularly manages a total of 4 daily flights for Johannesburg. An additional 5th flight is also operated occasionally to accommodate an ever-increasing traffic of passengers.
Which Airline Offers The Cheapest Flights From UK To Johannesburg?
KLM offers the cheapest flights from the UK to Johannesburg. For a single adult passenger, a return-ticket from KLM only costs 389 GBP minimum. This figure applies to those flying with KLM in its economy class. KLM operates connecting flights from the London Heathrow Airport.
When Can I Find The Cheapest Flights To Johannesburg?
Prices experience a seasonal drop from the mid of May to early September. This is the off-peak season and a time when travellers mostly browse for low-cost flights and cheap accommodations. To get the best price, book as early as possible.
How Far In Advance Should I Book My Flight To Johannesburg?
Travellers are advised in their own interest to book their flights 2-3 months before their expected departure. Prices skyrocket once the flight nears its date of departure. At the very least, travellers should make their reservation 14 days prior to the flight.
Why Choose Travelhouseuk To Book Your Flight To Johannesburg?
- We provide flights to 28000 regular nationals flying from UK to Johannesburg throughout the year.
- We offer best deals on direct flights to Jo'burg flying with British Airways, SAA & Virgin Atlantic.
- Find a number of in-direct flight options available for Jo'burg from UK.
- Even if you are looking a one-way flight to Johannesburg, we have the best deals available.
- Whichever UK airport you plan on flying from; we will offer you the best flight price.
- Planning to visit home for Christmas? Go for our bargain christmas deals.
- Book from a number of exclusive deals to Jo'burg saving money on flights.
- Send us a flight quote for Johannesburg that you have already searched for on the internet and we will try our best to beat your quote.
- You can book your Jo'burg flights with a £25 deposit paying the rest later.
- Waiting till the last few days before departure to book last minute flights to Johannesburg are a gamble, as they tend to be expensive more than often. However, Travelhouseuk specializes in producing last minute flights by keeping track of last minute cancellations.
When Is The Best Time To Visit Johannesburg?
The best time to book flights for Johannesburg depends on what kind of activities you want to do. Johannesburg's seasons run opposite to ours so Christmas is in summers. If you are interested to be a part of wildlife safaris then summer season is the best time to visit. The vegetation is thick and green due to summer rain. Also as UK holidays are during these months, it is peak season for visiting Johannesburg.
If you want to avoid crowds, then months from August to October are recommended. For whale watching, you have to book flights between June to December as for surfing months from April to September are best. You can cut your travelling cost by booking in advance.
what is baggage allowance of airlines for johannesburg?
Most travellers want to take everything on their journey. So they can spend their time just exploring. For those travellers, large baggage allowance is essential. Here is a list of airlines with their respective baggage allowance:
- South African Airways allows its economy class passengers to take 1 piece of 23kg whereas passengers for business class flights to Johannesburg can take 2 pieces of 32kg each.
- With Ethiopian Airlines, you are allowed to take 1 piece of 23kg in economy class and 1 piece of 32kg in business class.
- When you fly with British Airways, you can take one piece of 23kg in economy class, two pieces of 32kg each in business class and three pieces of 32kg each in first class.
- Virgin Atlantic has baggage allowance of 1 piece of 23kg for economy class, 2 pieces of 23kg each for premium economy and 3 pieces of 32kg each for upper class.
- Kenya Airways allows you to take 2 bags of 23kg each in economy class and 2 bags of 32kg each in premier world.
- With Etihad Airways, you can take one bag of 23kg in economy class, 2 bags of up to 32kg each in business and first class.
- KLM has baggage allowance of 12kg in economy class and 18kg in business class.
- Emirates Airlines allows you to take 35kg in economy class (depending on fare type), 40kg in business class flights and 50kg in first class.
where can i stay in johannesburg?
Johannesburg is the most thriving and the largest city of South Africa. It offers accommodation options to suit every traveller's needs and budget as well. Most local hotels are present in center of the city. Staying in one of these hotels will enable you to experience the city in its full pace. Also you can view its wonderful architecture.
Johannesburg has really good transportation system so you can choose any part of the city for your stay. If you want to live in boutique styled guesthouses and hotels then Sandton and Rosebank are the best areas. They have best restaurants and shopping malls. If you want to go for a cheaper option then staying with locals can be considered.
What Are The Major Tourist Attractions In Johannesburg?
- Johannesburg Art Gallery
- Constitution Hill
- Gold Reef City
- The Apartheid Museum
- Soweto & the Mandela Museum
- Wits Art Museum
- The Maboneng Precinct
- Market Theatre
best day trips from johannesburg
- Lion Park
- Pilanesberg safari
- The Cradle of Humankind
- Soweto Township
- Kruger National Park
- Ann van Dyk Cheetah Center
- Apartheid Museum
popular sites to visit
Johannesburg has many natural and man-made tourists’ attractions. Few of them are must to visit for every visitor:
- Lion Park - Wildlife Safari
- Cradle of Humankind - UNESCO listed archaeological site
- Apartheid Museum - Concrete apartheid exhibit space
Handy Tips You Should Know Before Your Departure!
- It takes almost 12 hours for a flight from London Heathrow to reach Johannesburg.
- The distance between London and Johannesburg is 5632 miles.
- 12 Major Airlines fly from London to Joburg
- You can fly to the Johannesburg from all major airports in UK, using airlines including: Air France, Egypt Air, KLM, Virgin Atlantic, Emirates, SAA, British Airways and Ethiopian Airlines.
- Almost 70 airlines fly out of Johannesburg International Airport.
- Almost 2280 international flights depart from O. R. Tambo International Airport each week.
- British Airways fly's direct to Johannesburg in the evening everyday and its indirect flights to Joburg via Doha are offered in the morning time.
- South African Airways, Virgin Atlantic, Emirates and Ethiopian Airlines operate their Johannesburg flights from London in the evening. Whereas KLM offers Joburg flights via Amsterdam in the morning.
- The lowest flight fare for Johannesburg is £409, however it can go to more than £2000 with Business Class.
- Lufthansa, KLM and Ethiopian Airlines offer the shortest stopovers for Johannesburg flights.
- SAA, British Airways, Virgin Atlantic and Emirates Airlines offer daily flights to Johannesburg from UK.
- Average flight takes 11 hours 6 minutes from UK to Johannesburg.
- SAA, British Airways and Virgin Atlantic provide direct flights from UK to Johannesburg.
- Johannesburg enjoys dry and sunny climate round the year, which makes it a perfect destination to visit any time of the year.