Are there any restrictions on travel to Johannesburg due to COVID-19?
Johannesburg O.R. Tambo Airport has no entry restrictions from around the world since November 12. Whilst the UK is under new national lockdown from November 5 to December 2 where travelling from home is restricted except in limited circumstances. Eligible travellers must keep a copy of the negative COVID-19 certificate issued no later than 72 hours prior to your departure. Please confirm current regulations in both countries at the time of booking your flight.
Which airlines are still flying to Johannesburg?
Many airlines are restoring their flights to Johannesburg gradually. British Airways and Virgin Atlantic, though in a limited capacity, are still operating one daily direct flight to Johannesburg. Additionally, AirFrance, KLM, Qatar Airways and Turkish Airlines offer flights to Johannesburg with stopover throughout the week. Rest of the airlines are also expected to return to their normal capacity for scheduled flights as soon as the travel restrictions are fully relaxed.
Can I book cheap flights to Johannesburg with flexible rebooking options?
All airlines offer cheap flights to Johannesburg with flexible rebooking options which means you can change the date of your flight for free. You are also entitled to apply for a refund if your flight is cancelled by the airline. All COVID-related policies are subject to terms and conditions, so please confirm the available options at the time of booking.
Airlines flying to Johannesburg
Before COVID-19, following airlines were operating flights as per the given schedule
- British Airways: Two daily direct flights from London Heathrow to Johannesburg.
- South African Airways: Provides a direct flight from Heathrow daily.
- Emirates: Flights to Johannesburg with EK are much frequent as well as preferred with a choice of six flights via Dubai every day.
- KLM: Manages one flight to JNB from London via Amsterdam.
- Virgin Atlantic: VS offers a minimum of two flights to Johannesburg from Heathrow.
- Turkish Airlines: Schedule one daily departure from Heathrow to Johannesburg via Istanbul.
- Lufthansa: While servicing Heathrow, Lufthansa provides a selection of four flights to Johannesburg per day.
- Kenya Airways: Departing from LHR, KQ operates a daily flight to Johannesburg via Nairobi.
- Ethiopian Airlines: Regularly operates one flight to Jo’burg via Addis Ababa. It is a suitable option for budget travellers.
Why choose travelhouseuk to book your flight to Johannesburg?
- We provide flights to more than 28000 regular travellers flying from the UK to Johannesburg throughout the year.
- We offer best deals on direct flights to Jo'burg flying with British Airways, SAA & Virgin Atlantic.
- Find a number of in-direct flight options available for johannesburg from the UK.
- Even if you are looking for a one-way flight to Johannesburg, we have the best deals available.
- Whichever UK airport you plan on flying from; we will offer you the best flight price.
- Planning to visit home for Christmas? Go for our bargain Christmas deals for JNB.
- Book from a number of exclusive deals to Jo'burg saving money on flights.
- Send us a flight quote for Johannesburg that you have already searched for on the internet and we will try our best to beat your quote.
- You can book your Johannesburg flights with a £25 deposit paying the rest later.
- Waiting till the last few days before departure to book last minute flights to Johannesburg are a gamble, as they tend to be expensive more than often. However, Travelhouseuk specializes in producing last minute flights by keeping track of last-minute cancellations.
How long is the flight to Johannesburg?
- Direct flights from London Heathrow to Johannesburg with British Airways (LHR-JNB): 11 hours and 5 minutes.
- Flights from London Heathrow to Johannesburg with Air France via Paris (LHR-CDG-JNB): 13 hours and 25 minutes.
- Qatar Airways flights from London Gatwick to Johannesburg via Doha (LGW-DOH-JNB): 16 hours and 10 minutes.
- Lufthansa flights from Edinburgh to Johannesburg via Frankfurt (EDI-FRA-JNB): 13 hours and 25 minutes.
- Flights from Manchester to Johannesburg with Swiss Air Lines via Zurich (MAN-ZRH-JNB): 13 hours and 30 minutes.
- Flights from Birmingham to Johannesburg via Paris with Air France (BHX-CDG-JNB): 13 hours and 15 minutes.
Which airlines operate direct flights to Johannesburg?
South African Airways, British Airways and Virgin Atlantic operate direct flights to Johannesburg from Heathrow. Currently, SAA has temporarily ceased its regular passenger flights due to COVID-19. BA and Virgin Atlantic has also cut the capacity for scheduled flights to Johannesburg. Therefore, a total of two daily flights are available for travellers to Johannesburg from London Heathrow.
British Airways flight schedule for Johannesburg from London Heathrow
British Airways flies non-stop from London Heathrow to Johannesburg with a frequency of seven weekly flights.
Where to look if I need a flight to Johannesburg from London?
If you are looking for flights to Joburg, look no further than Travelhouseuk. We proudly cater to the South African Community in London. We publish average fares with different airlines on the website, which are subject to seasonal changes. We announce deals with popular airlines to fulfil the need of the clients now and then. Our Fly Now Pay Later Programs for Johannesburg entertain the budget travellers to spread the cost of their flight expense.
Join us on Instagram and Facebook to get a hand on Flash Flight Deals instantly.
What is the cheapest time to fly to Johannesburg?
The cheapest time to fly to Johannesburg is either May or November. The crowds are less so you can make the most out of the situation by booking a cheap flight to Johannesburg. Flights, as well as accommodation options, are also easy on the pocket. Don’t just wait around for the prices to go down further; flight prices will rarely drop when it is closer to departure.
Which airline offers the cheapest flights from the UK to Johannesburg?
The flight prices to Jo’burg keep on fluctuating. Kenya Airways is the major airline for the cheapest flight to JNB from the UK. Other airlines also compete to keep the prices low for Johannesburg flights from London. Prices can hike up to thousands of pounds, but if you manage to score somewhere between 399 GBP. Then, it’s considered to be a good deal.
Where can I find best deals on last minute flights to Johannesburg?
People recommend using flight price alert on comparison sites online, whereas travelhouseuk assigns you a dedicated travel agent to search, find and reserve the best deals on last minute flights to Johannesburg. Sign up for the deals if you often end up searching cheap flights tickets at the last minute, and get cheap flight deals right into your inbox.
How can I choose the best flight option to Johannesburg from London?
Other than flight prices, the baggage allowance is a significant factor to consider before you book your flight with an airline. As of now, Turkish Airlines, Kenya Airways, Ethiopian Airlines and Egypt Air offers 46 kg baggage allowance to fulfil the luggage needs of travellers to SA.
Our customers have placed their trust in us for the best value flights. So, we offer alternatives depending upon the individual needs for the affordable flights to Johannesburg.
When is the best time to book flights to Johannesburg from UK?
As the general rule applies, the best time to book flights to JNB is at least four weeks before your departure date. Prices experience a seasonal drop from the mid of May to early September. This is the off-peak season and a time when travellers mostly browse for low-cost flights and cheap accommodations. To get the best price, book as early as possible.
How far in advance should I book my flight to Johannesburg?
Our clients rely on us and inquire about their exclusive flights even months before the flight date. Travellers are advised in their interest to book their flights 2-3 months before their expected departure. Prices skyrocket once the flight nears its date of departure. At the very least, travellers should make their reservation 14 days prior to the flight because of seats rarely available at the last minute.
When is the best time to visit Johannesburg?
The best time to book flights for Johannesburg depends on what kind of activities you want to do. Johannesburg's seasons run opposite to ours, so Christmas is in summers. If you are interested in being a part of wildlife safaris, then summer season is the best time to visit. The vegetation is thick and green due to summer rain. Also, as UK holidays are during these months, it is peak season for visiting Johannesburg.
If you want to avoid crowds, then months from August to October are recommended. For whale watching, you have to book flights between June to December as for surfing months from April to September are best. You can cut your travelling cost by booking in advance.