Cheapest price to South Africa
(from London Heathrow)
fr £ 395.92
Average airfares for flights to South Africa in June and July 2019
|Travelling From||June 2019
|London Heathrow To Johannesburg||£421 - £972||£556 - £1961|
|London Heathrow To Cape Town||£496 - £1230||£695 - £1807|
|London Heathrow To Durban||£521 - £921||£690 - £1648|
|London Gatwick To Port Elizabeth||£603 - £761||£873 - £1577|
|London Heathrow To East London||£662 - £1146||£690 - £1984|
|London Heathrow To George||£824 - £1023||£854 - £2683|
|London Heathrow To Bloemfontein||£562 - £1215||£1124 - £1818|
|London Gatwick To Kimberley||£590 - £854||£975 - £1451|
Airlines that operates flights to South Africa
- British Airways
- Etihad Airways
- Emirates via Dubai
- Qatar Airways
- Turkish Airlines
- Kenya Airways
- KLM (KL)
- Air France
- South African Airways (SA
- Virgin Atlantic
Direct flights to South Africa
Actually there is more than one airline that operates direct flights on this route. British Airways, Virgin Atlantic, and South African Airways fly non-stop to different destinations in South Africa
How long is the flight to South Africa ?
- London Heathrow to Johannesburg with British airways, SAA, & Virgin Atlantic (LHR-JNB)): 10 hours and 50 minutes
- Manchester to South Africa with Turkish Airlines via Istanbul: 13 hours and 40 minutes
- Flights from UK to South Africa (BHX-JNB) with Air France via Paris: 13 hours and 10 minutes
- Edinburgh to South Africa via Frankfurt with Lufthansa (LHR-FRA-JNB): 13 hours and 40 minutes
- Glasgow to Cape town with KLM via Amsterdam (LHR-AMS-CPT): 14 hours and 10 minutes
- Emirates flights to South Africa from Dublin via Dubai(DUB-DXB-JNB): 16 hours and 20 minutes
- Gatwick to South Africa: 14 hours and 44 minutes approximately
Cheap flights from South Africa to London and other Airports
Travelhouseuk offers its premium services for flights from South Africa to London or any other major airport in the UK. A total of 8 direct flights to London are scheduled from Johannesburg, Cape Town and Durban on a daily basis. We have a list of reputed airlines offering best deals for flights to London from all the major international airports in South Africa. British Airways and South African Airways are the most preferred choices for travellers. However, you can get your flight booked with other airlines with a stopover to cut the prices. Our exclusive deals offer better prices than any other travel agency in South Africa.
What is the average cost of flights from UK to South Africa ?
Owing to the dynamic nature of airfares it is hard to tell for sure what exactly will be the fare for a given season but travelers can expect an average fare of £400 flying with economy class and £1800 if u prefer business class flights .
When is the best time to book flights to South Africa from UK ?
With an ever-increasing tourism trend for African Safari, South Africa offers incredibly exhilarating Safari tours and much more for the visitors from across the European World. The most suitable time to book Cheap flights to South Africa depends on multiple factors. By casting heedful eyes over the general trend, you can get the deal done from UK to South Africa in as low as £395.
For budget-wise travellers, peak season is whenever they can get the bargain price for flights to South Africa. An enormous crowd during school holidays and festivals in the country makes it hard enough to find any reasonable quote for your flight. Owing to the situation, flights to South Africa in July will cost you a bit high than usual. Still, a large number of UK residents with South African descent seek cheapest flights from UK during the holiday season to connect with their homeland. However, a travel expert can assist you in finding the best deal beforehand, but make sure to book in advance by all means.
How to get best flight deals from UK to South Africa for Christmas 2019 ?
Celebrating Christmas and New Year in South Africa has clear differences for the UK residents as the festivities in spring season uplifts the spirits of eventful celebrations. As a matter of course, December 2019 in South Africa is expected to embrace a horde of tourists from UK to cherish the pleasant surprises of blossoming spring along with the revels of Christmas. Moreover, New Year is also marked as a public holiday in South Africa. Like all other festivals, Easter is celebrated with great zeal and fervor. Thus, visitors seek flights to South Africa during the Easter holidays in April which enable them to splurge on holiday making with their families.
In addition to that, Safari tours are operated around the year. Pleasant temperatures call for the most appropriate time for Safari tours between April-May and then again, in September-October. This time of the year is also ideal for booking cheap flights to South Africa as it doesn’t coincide with school holidays or other events.
Furthermore, if you are trying to avoid elevated flight prices for March 2019, it is advisable to get in touch with our experienced travel agents for South africa as soon as possible to keep yourself informed about the cheapest quotes available so far.
When is the best time to visit South Africa ?
South Africa stands for temperate climate round the year. With a tentative plan to explore the hidden gems of South Africa, it’s not really a significant factor to base your decision on weather conditions unless weather can cause hindrances in your activity plan. Of course, an overwhelming factor could be your activities and adventures that can take your adrenaline glands to fun land by taking cheap flights to the ever-thriving South Africa. Furthermore, winter falls in June and is expected to cast its gloomy cold spells till August. It is characterized by minimal downpours. Such weather attracts the visitors to South African game parks and much more. To be more specific for winter, Cape wine lands enchants the flocks more particularly in low temperatures with its vegetations. Whereas pristine beaches welcome the tourists for savoury delights in summer season. For Hikers, spring and autumn season is the best time of the year in South Africa. Enriched with bustling traditions and encounters, South Africa is a special treat for visitors at any given time of the year.Off-Peak Season:
Apparently, there is not an exclusively low season but wet season is likely to put a brake on swarm of tourists in December. Otherwise, with the lesser amount of tourists flocking into the country during June and August, it calls for the most suitable time to seek cheapest rates for top notch hotels and accommodation places. Temperature extremes are also not considered very appropriate to travel around the country with exotic tourist highlights. Temperature which is expected to drop below zero curtails the prospective visitors to head on for mountaineering adventures. At the same time, South Africa welcomes the folks to get acquainted with the cultural events backed by historical African tales such as OppiKoppi. Consequently, it always has something to stimulate senses like Safari dreams even for the budget-wise travellers and inclement weather would not last much longer to interrupt your outdoor expedition.
How to book flights to south Africa within a limited Budget ?
If you are seeking discount flights to South Africa in the high season, we always recommend advance bookings to our customers. Early bookings help you reserve seats in low price, so you are not affected by the price fluctuations as such. On the other hand, you may also keep a vigilant eye on flight deals announced by Travelhouseuk exclusively for the budget travelers on various occasion. This is how you can avail the last minute holidays to South Africa in reasonably priced packages. If you don't want to miss out on our special flight deals to South Africa, then subscribe our newsletter and get in touch with us to grab the best low cost flight deals for 2019.
Weekly schedule of major airlines from UK to South Africa
- British Airways (BA) : Twice Daily flights from London Heathrow BA 055 & BA 057 departing at 19:00 and 21:00
- Emirates (EK) : 7 days a week
- South African Airways (SA) : Daily 02 flights from London Heathrow departing at 19:00 and 21:00
- Virgin Atlantic (VS) : Daily flights from London Heathrow departing at 20:00
- Turkish Airlines :Daily flight 7 days a week with a quick stopover in Istanbul
- Kenya Airways : Regular flights on daily basis through out the week
- KLM (KL) Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- Etihad Airways : 7 days a week
- Qatar Airways :Daily flights Monday till Sunday
Can i book domestic flights within South Africa with travelhouseuk ?
Travelhouseuk offers competitive airfares for airlines operating flights within South Africa . Either you are looking to book a flight from Johannesburg to Cape Town or Durban to Port Elizabeth. Just give us a call and talk to one of our experienced travel agent and get it booked immediately.
Where to book cheap Flight tickets to south Africa in London ?
Travelhouseuk one of the popular travel agent for flights to south Africa is just a call away . Or u can visit our office in central London off Regent street from 09 AM to 1800 PM .
Do I need a visa to visit South Africa from UK?
British passport holders are not required to get a visa if their stay in South Africa is not meant to exceed 90 days.
How long can you stay in South Africa on a tourist visa?
As already stated, British passport holders have no need to apply for a tourist visa if their stay in South Africa is not supposed to exceed 90 days. However, if change of plans or some other delay requires of you to overstay that period a tourist extension must be applied for. Make note of it that this extension is to be requested 60 days prior to the expiry period of your visa-free stay.
Which cities have international airports in South Africa?
Some of the major international airports in South Africa that receive flights from UK are:
- Cape Town International Airport - Cape Town
- O. R. Tambo International Airport - Johannesburg
- Durban International Airport - Durban
- Port Elizabeth International Airport - Port Elizabeth
Getting around in south africa
- South Africa has the most developed public transport system in the continent so you can expect to get around to key places fairly easily.
- Hiring a car is a great option to make the most of what South Africa has no offer. You'll find the usual international car hire businesses present here.
- Getting around by bus in South Africa is a cheaper option but extra care is necessary as they are less reliable than those found in many European countries.
- you could also get train around South Africa. Trains go between Cape Town, Johannesburg, Durban and Pretoria and there are usually different option available to suit your budget.
- If the situation requires one, try to book a taxi ahead of time and get a quote of the cost for the journey. you should have no trouble getting a taxi from the airport without booking, though.
what will 10£ (165 south african rand) get you in south africa?
- A meal for two at an inexpensive restaurant.
- 10 cups of coffee.
- Three large meals at McDonald's.
- Three bottles of decent wine.
- Five packs of cigarettes.
- Tickets to the cinema for yourself and two others.
- A 16km taxi journey.
- Rent a tennis court for a couple of hours on weekend.
What are the hotel and accommodation options in south africa?
With the country welcoming the major share of tourists arriving in Africa, South Africa has emerged with a diverse variety of options for all of its travellers. A national level authority maintains regulations of classifying all the hotels in accordance of their standards and services within the major cities. Accommodations specializing in local hospitality include guest houses for ‘paying guests’ to facilitate Bed & breakfast services, as well as campsites.
Game reserves and national parks have their own designated accommodations in their premises, consisting of lodges and huts for safari visitors. For the more ‘unconventional’ traveller, camper vehicles as well as houseboats are also available for getting to stay along the roads or by the lakes. Contact your travel experts to avail the discounted accommodations along with your cheap flights from London to South Africa.