Are there any restrictions on flights to South Africa from the UK due to COVID-19?
Direct flights from UK to South Africa are currently suspended due to COVID-19. Indirect flights are still operating but its availability is subject to current restrictions. Before arrival, you are required to fill an online travel health questionnaire whereas you must provide a negative PCR COVID-19 certificate as soon as you arrive in South Africa. Please confirm your airline ticket before travelling to the airport On the other hand, British Nationals are only allowed to undertake an essential travel and must self-isolate in government-sanctioned hotels upon return. You need to pre-book your stay in a hotel by paying 1750 GBP for 10 days; covering stay, transport and testing.
✈️Airlines that operate flights to South Africa
- British Airways (BA): Most preferred airline for flights to South Africa from Heathrow with one daily direct flight to Cape Town and Johannesburg.
- Emirates: Emirates offer flight connections to three destinations in South Africa daily,
including five flights to Johannesburg and six flight options for Cape Town and Durban.
- South African Airways (SA): South African Airways offer a direct flight from Heathrow
to South Africa (JNB) daily and one-stop service to other airports in South Africa
including Bloemfontein, Cape Town, East London, George and Durban.
- Virgin Atlantic (VS): Virgin Atlantic runs a direct flight to South Africa (JNB and CPT)
from Heathrow Airport daily.
- Turkish Airlines: From London Heathrow, TK conducts South Africa flights via
Istanbul including five options for Johannesburg and four flights to Durban and Cape
- Kenya Airways: Kenya Airways maintain a daily one-stop flight on Heathrow-
Johannesburg and Heathrow-Cape Town route via Nairobi.
- Qatar Airways: Qatar Airways extend three flights from Heathrow to South Africa
(Johannesburg) via Doha daily.
- Etihad Airways: Etihad Airways provide two flights to South Africa (JNB) via Abu
Dhabi daily from London Heathrow.
🦠Can I cancel my flight to South Africa due to Coronavirus Pandemic?
Most airlines have cancelled their flights due to travel restrictions linked to Coronavirus Pandemic. In the unprecedented situation, travellers are eligible to cancel flights to South Africa or rebook for a later date. Please contact our travel expert to check what policies are available against your ticket for a flight to South Africa.
🔍 How can I find cheap flights to South Africa with flexible booking policies?
- If you are looking for cheap flights to South Africa with flexible booking policies, Travelhouseuk can provide complete guidance for booking your trip during COVID-19 with trusted airlines. Our travel agents are well-versed with different airlines’ booking conditions.
In case you hold a ticket with flexible booking policies, you can easily reschedule your flights up to 12 months without any change fee.
Stay tuned on our social media platforms to be notified about the latest updates.
What is the cheapest time to fly to South Africa from UK?
Yearly price stats for flights to South Africa indicate May and November to be the cheapest time to fly to South Africa from UK. However, airline’s promotional fares are announced at the odd times of the year which gives you an opportunity to look for the cheapest bet. The prices are also affected by a number of other factors, but booking well before time can help you save some pounds on flights.
Which airlines fly direct to South Africa from UK?
Currently, three airlines fly direct to South Africa from the UK. British Airways, Virgin Atlantic and South African Airways are the main airlines that offer daily non-stop flights to different airports in South Africa.
🕑 How long is the flight to South Africa?
- London Heathrow to Johannesburg with British Airways, SAA, & Virgin Atlantic (LHR-JNB)): 10 hours and 50 minutes.
- Manchester to South Africa with Turkish Airlines via Istanbul: 13 hours and 40 minutes.
- Flights from UK to South Africa (BHX-JNB) with Air France via Paris: 13 hours and 10 minutes.
- Edinburgh to South Africa via Frankfurt with Lufthansa (LHR-FRA-JNB): 13 hours and 40 minutes.
- Glasgow to Cape town with KLM via Amsterdam (LHR-AMS-CPT): 14 hours and 10 minutes.
- Emirates flights to South Africa from Dublin via Dubai(DUB-DXB-JNB): 16 hours and 20 minutes.
- Gatwick to South Africa: 14 hours and 44 minutes approximately.
🛃 Cheap flights from South Africa to London and other airports
Travelhouseuk offers its premium services for flights from South Africa to London or any other major airport in the UK. A total of 8 direct flights to London are scheduled from Johannesburg, Cape Town and Durban on a daily basis. We have a list of reputed airlines offering best deals for flights to London from all the major international airports in South Africa. British Airways and South African Airways are the most preferred choices for travellers. However, you can get your flight booked with other airlines with a stopover to cut the prices. Our exclusive deals offer better prices than any other travel agency in South Africa.
🖱️ When is the best time to book flights to South Africa from UK?
With an ever-increasing tourism trend for African Safari, South Africa offers incredibly exhilarating Safari tours and much more for the visitors from across the European World. The most suitable time to book Cheap flights to South Africa depends on multiple factors. By casting heedful eyes over the general trend, you can get the deal done from UK to South Africa in as low as £395.
For budget-wise travellers, peak season is whenever they can get the bargain price for flights to South Africa. An enormous crowd during school holidays and festivals in the country makes it hard enough to find any reasonable quote for your flight. Owing to the situation, flights to South Africa in July will cost you a bit high than usual. Still, a large number of UK residents with South African descent seek cheapest flights from UK during the holiday season to connect with their homeland. However, a travel expert can assist you in finding the best deal beforehand, but make sure to book in advance by all means.
🎄How to get best flight deals from UK to South Africa for Christmas?
Celebrating Easter in South Africa uplifts the spirit of eventful celebrations. As a matter of course, Easter vacations are expected to embrace the horde of tourists as well as natives from the UK to cherish the festivities. It calls for the busiest flying season which makes the availability lesser and prices higher.
In order to score the best flight deals, it is advisable to get in touch with our experienced travel agents for South Africa as soon as possible to keep yourself informed about the cheapest flight tickets available.
📅 When is the best time to visit South Africa?
South Africa stands for temperate climate round the year. With a tentative plan to explore the hidden gems of South Africa, it’s not really a significant factor to base your decision on weather conditions unless weather can cause hindrances in your activity plan. Of course, an overwhelming factor could be your activities and adventures that can take your adrenaline glands to fun land by taking cheap flights to the ever-thriving South Africa.
Furthermore, winter falls in June and is expected to cast its gloomy cold spells till August. It is characterized by minimal downpours. Such weather attracts the visitors to South African game parks and much more. To be more specific for winter, Cape wine lands enchants the flocks more particularly in low temperatures with its vegetations. Whereas pristine beaches welcome the tourists for savoury delights in summer season. For Hikers, spring and autumn season is the best time of the year in South Africa. Enriched with bustling traditions and encounters, South Africa is a special treat for visitors at any given time of the year.
Apparently, there is not an exclusively low season but wet season is likely to put a brake on swarm of tourists in December. Otherwise, with the lesser amount of tourists flocking into the country during June and August, it calls for the most suitable time to seek cheapest rates for top notch hotels and accommodation places. Temperature extremes are also not considered very appropriate to travel around the country with exotic tourist highlights. The temperature which is expected to drop below zero curtails the prospective visitors to head on for mountaineering adventures. At the same time, South Africa welcomes the folks to get acquainted with the cultural events backed by historical African tales such as OppiKoppi. Consequently, it always has something to stimulate senses like Safari dreams even for the budget-wise travellers and inclement weather would not last much longer to interrupt your outdoor expedition.
How to book one way or return flights to South Africa within a limited budget?
If you are seeking discount flights to South Africa in the high season, we always recommend advance bookings to our customers. Early bookings help you reserve seats at a low price, so you are not affected by the price fluctuations as such. On the other hand, you may also keep a vigilant eye on flight deals announced by Travelhouseuk exclusively for the budget travellers on various occasion. This is how you can avail the last minute holidays to South Africa in reasonably priced packages. If you don't want to miss out on our special flight deals to South Africa, then subscribe to our newsletter and get in touch with us to grab the best low-cost flight deals for 2021.
Emirates flights from UK to South Africa
As per the recent searches, Emirates is pretty much popular among travellers to South Africa due to its exceptional services. The reputed airline departs from London Heathrow and all other major airports in the UK daily. Please browse through our quick and secure search engine to find out the cheap tickets to South Africa along with the respective flight schedules. The flight takes off from Heathrow to South Africa is likely to be covered in 18 hours and 15 minutes. With your Emirates’ flight, you will also get a chance to experience Dubai by merely booking a stopover package.
Feel free to check out the travel blog for expert tips on what to do and how to make the most of your trip to South Africa in the budget.
Flights to South Africa with British Airways
British Airways is the top selection of customers who are looking to fly direct to South Africa.
On average, flight from London Heathrow arrives in South Africa in 10 hours and 45 minutes approximately. With the availability of two flight departures per day, it’s easier to pick the flight of your choice. Besides, BA also guarantees cheapest tickets for direct flights to South Africa on your timely bookings. You can always count on the airline for the best deals and award-winning flight services.
Where to book cheap flight tickets to South Africa in London?
Travelhouseuk one of the popular travel agents for flights to South Africa is just a call away. Or u can visit our office in central London off Regent street from 09 AM to 1800 PM.
Can I book domestic flights within South Africa with Travelhouseuk?
Travelhouseuk offers competitive airfares for airlines operating flights within South Africa. Either you are looking to book a flight from Johannesburg to Cape Town or Durban to Port Elizabeth. Just give us a call and talk to one of our experienced travel agents and get it booked immediately.
Do I need a visa to visit South Africa from UK?
British passport holders are not required to get a visa if their stay in South Africa is not meant to exceed 90 days.
Which cities have international airports in South Africa?
Some of the major international airports in South Africa that receive flights from UK are:
- Cape Town International Airport - Cape Town
- O. R. Tambo International Airport - Johannesburg
- Durban International Airport - Durban
- Port Elizabeth International Airport - Port Elizabeth
Getting around in South Africa
- South Africa has the most developed public transport system in the continent so you can expect to get around to key places fairly easily.
- Hiring a car is a great option to make the most of what South Africa has no offer. You'll find the usual international car hire businesses present here.
- Getting around by bus in South Africa is a cheaper option but extra care is necessary as they are less reliable than those found in many European countries.
- You could also get a train around South Africa. Trains go between Cape Town, Johannesburg, Durban and Pretoria and there are usually different options available to suit your budget.
- If the situation requires one, try to book a taxi ahead of time and get a quote of the cost for the journey. You should have no trouble getting a taxi from the airport without booking, though.