Explore the southern River State region along the Bonny River with cheap flights to Port Harcourt. A major post of crucial economic influence, Port Harcourt has harbored trade, logistics and commerce for the entire country. Today it stands to surpass expectations of its development, with unmatchable urban infrastructure across the region. All Port Harcourt flights get to land at the city’s very own Port Harcourt International Airport, hosting 11 air operators to connect to 4 cities within 28 international flights every week. TravelhouseUK facilitates cheap flight tickets with numerous low cost airlines flying to Port Harcourt, like Arik Air, Lufthansa and Air France.
Recent searches for return flights to Port Harcourt 2020/2021
Which Airlines Operate Flights To Port Harcourt from the UK?
- Turkish Airlines
- Aer Lingus
- British Airways
- Arik Air
How long is the flight to Port Harcourt from the UK?
- The cheapest flights to Port Harcourt operate through Frankfurt. These flights taking off from London Heathrow Airport are 11 to 12 hours long.
- Flights from Manchester take 13 to 14 hours to reach Port Harcourt. These flights also stopover at Frankfurt or Munich.
- Flights taking off from Birmingham’s BHX take 12 to 13 hours to reach PH International. These flights have a layover at Frankfurt.
- The air trip from London Gatwick to Port Harcourt can be a bit more costly and take 14 to 15 hours to complete. The flight has two stopovers one in Amsterdam and the other in Frankfurt.
Are there any direct flights to Port Harcourt from the UK?
No, no direct flights are going to Port Harcourt from London Heathrow or any other airport in the United Kingdom. It is best to take a Lufthansa or a Turkish Airlines (starting June 2019) connecting flight via Frankfurt or Istanbul to the city.
What is the cheapest time of year to fly to Port Harcourt?
The sun is a constant in Port Harcourt. The only other variable is rain. The rainy spell begins in June, intensifies in September and then ends abruptly in October. At the height of the wet season in August and September, the traveller can expect three to nine rainy days out of thirty. During these two months, the tourism inflow into Port Harcourt dips to its minimum. Rain is the rejuvenating nectar of nature and coming to the city during this time would allow you to witness the land cleansed by the life-giving waters. Three to nine days of scattered rainy days cannot keep a cheap vacation to Port Harcourt hostage. The rains, in fact, are a blessing and bring down the temperatures to zigzag between the 25°C to 28°C range. Coming to Port Harcourt in August or September can keep you cool and your pockets warm.
What are the major international airports in Port Harcourt?
Port Harcourt International Airport (PHC) handles all the flights coming to the city from abroad. These flights annually carry 1.2 million passengers to and from this airport. Port Harcourt International Airport is located further inland, approximately 32 kilometres to the north of the city. It takes an hour to drive from the airport to reach the hotel in the city centre. Just last year, the airport was furnished with a brand new international terminal.
What is the best time to visit Port Harcourt?
Port Harcourt International Airport serves for flights to and from Port Harcourt. It is located 31 km from the central city. There are reliable and bona fide airport cabs that can take you from the airport to the city centre or from anywhere else within the city.
What are the major landmarks in Port Harcourt?
Port Harcourt was first developed by the British to conduct trade in 1912. Slowly the shipping port grew, incorporating many villages of the area. With the discovery of crude oil right off the coast of Nigeria, Port Harcourt became the centre of Nigeria’s oil industry.
- The Port Harcourt Pleasure Park is the place to be if the tourist wants some fun and excitement during the trip to the city. The park is not two years old, and with a large children’s play area, you can set the kids free in the playground to let the excess energy burn out. The park also has exercise machines and ellipticals for people who want to lose some extra weight. Apart from that, there are movie cinemas, a climbing tower, pedal boats, mini golf course, FIFA PS4 gaming stations, swimming pools and restaurants at the site.
- PH Zoo has about seventy animal exhibits in its domain and is among the top tourist attractions in the city. The zoo is only a few steps away from the port itself and contains a variety of animals kept in humane conditions. The kids would love visiting the Port Harcourt Zoo and be fascinated by these miracles of nature hanging from the trees and munching on grass.
- If there is a celebration in Port Harcourt, it is going to be conducted at the Isaac Boro Park. The Isaac Boro Park is originally a softball and baseball park, but when the tournament season is over the park grounds are open to fares and open-air functions. The Isaac Boro Park is also the destination for events like the Workers Day, National Youth Service parades and Armed Forces Remembrance Day.
Which events and festivals are celebrated in Port Harcourt?
There is always something to do in Port Harcourt. For a few years straight, The PH Book fair inspires locals and tourists coming to the book exhibition centre near the port area in January. April is the month of beer, beef barbeques and farm produce. Throughout the month there are farmer’s markets open for business with fresh produce. Beer Festival on the twentieth brings all those beer fans to Port Harcourt, with meats and fish roasting on the side. The Kulture Festival at the Polo Club in October keeps the Harcortians connected to their roots. In December, Christmas comes to town and engulfs the city with holiday cheer.
What are the transportation options available to tourists within Port Harcourt?
Many bus services are operating in Port Harcourt. The bus system in Port Harcourt is decentralised, so all you need to do is go to the nearest stop to get a bus ride in any direction. To get the feel of the bus network of the city, head first to the Slaughter Market bus stop which is the closest bus station to the port and city centre area. The monorail has recently being introduced to Port Harcourt before long it will also serve the city extensively. It is also an excellent option to hire a car and roam around the city without following any timetables or waiting on stops.
Which five-star hotels and accommodation are available for stay in Port Harcourt?
There are a few five-star hotels in Port Harcourt. Most of these hotels are near the Pleasure Park and Polo Ground Area. Please choose one of the hotels from the list below.
- Hotel Presidential
- Swiss Spirit Hotel & Suites Danag
- Swiss International Mabisel
- De Edge Hotel
- Meritz Hotels Suites