Cheap one-way & return flights to Ouarzazate from London
Which airlines operate flights to Ouarzazate from UK?
- Royal Air Maroc
- Iberia Airlines
- British Airways
- TAP Air Portugal
- Air France
- Thomas Cook Airlines
How long is the flight from UK to Ouarzazate?
- Flight from London Heathrow to Ouarzazate Airport is 14 to 16 hours long, depending on the airline chosen to fly with. The flight has one stopover.
- The flight from Manchester to Ouarzazate is 14 to 20 hours long. This flight has two stopovers one at London and the other in Casablanca.
- Flights from Birmingham to Ouarzazate are sometimes 14 to 17 hours long. This too depends on the airline the traveller uses. The flight comes with 2 stopovers.
- Flights from London Gatwick to Ouarzazate can be 13 hours long and a bit cheaper. The flight, however, still comes with two stopovers: one in Europe and the other at Casablanca.
Are there any direct flights to Ouarzazate from UK?
No there are no direct flights to Ouarzazate for now. Please keep visiting our page for the latest information. The preferred route to the city is to take a Royal Air Maroc flight to Casablanca and then hop on to a domestic flight to Ouarzazate.
What is the best time to visit Ouarzazate?
Come to Ouarzazate in the winter months, starting from October to January. This would be the best time, ideal for exploring the city. The city is known to be “the gateway to the desert”, so coming to the city in the summer months would be very uncomfortable. During the winter season, the temperatures rarely go above 25°C and it rains sparingly. The humidity is at a comfortable level and it also never gets terribly windy or dusty in these months.
What is the cheapest time of year to fly to Ouarzazate?
The cheapest time of the year to visit Ouarzazate is in October, right at the beginning of the winter season. The flux of tourists spikes in December and then keeps slowing down until the next winter. The cheapest time to visit the city would be just before the December spike. Be ahead of the usual crowd and become surprised by the low airfare and cheap accommodation available in the city.
Is there a major international airport in Ouarzazate?
As the name suggests, Ouarzazate International Airport (OZZ) serves the city of Ouarzazate. Ouarzazate is a city in South-central Morocco and it is a bit far from the coast. The city of Ouarzazate grew on the banks of the Asif Tidili, which is a seasonal river that falls into the Dades, east of the city. The airport’s runway runs parallel to the river and is only 3 kilometres away from the city centre. The airport handled about 50,000 passengers in 2017.
What are the entry requirements to Ouarzazate for British travellers?
A British national with a valid British passport does not require any additional documentation, paperwork or a visa to visit Morocco. The Moroccan government allows citizens of the United Kingdom to visit the country without a visa if the trip is for less than 3 months. On touching Moroccan soil, please get your passport stamped at the immigration office and check the date on the stamp before you leave the counter.
What are the major landmarks in Ouarzazate?
Ouarzazate is a city preserved in time. Even when the French colonized the country, the city was left to the local tribe to rule. Over time the tribe's strength grew, as it was constantly being fed by the trading caravans that moved through the city domains to do business. The city’s architecture has attracted filmmakers from Hollywood to shoot their movies in the city’s old quarter. These works of art include “Lawrence of Arabia”, “Kingdom of Heaven” and “Game of Thrones”.
- The Taourirt Kasbah (fortress) is a legacy of wealth and power of a warlord that helped the French to overthrow the Sultan of Morocco. The imposing structure of the Kasbah, with the rising Atlas Mountains in the backdrop, tempts the observer to remain in a state of awe. The Kasbah has been renovated but a part of it is still in ruin and a section of the fortress is inhabited by a few families and merchants. The great thing about visit the Kasbah is that most travellers begin to recognize the walls, staircases and rooms from the TV series and movies that were shot here.
- If you are a fan of the classics, the Cinema Museum is the place for you. Every display section reminds the tourist of a time when movies were immortal and the movie stars dinned with the gods. Theatrical property or ‘props’, as they are called in the movie industry, from movies like Cleopatra, Kingdom of Heaven, Lawrence of Arabia, the Gladiator are all displayed before an amazed audience, constantly in a state of nostalgia. The throne rooms, prison cells, and halls used in these blockbuster movies are still intact and are exhibited at the museum.
- The ‘Labyrinthe de Sud’ or the southern maze, truly lives up to its name. Enter the exotic gallery of the Moroccan curiosities and antiquities. Be amazed at the cascading piles of furniture, potteries, woodcarvings and everything possible that you would wish to collect. This desert oasis captures the intrigue of the many tourists who buy jewellery, mirrors and carpets from the labyrinth marketplace.
What are the transportation options available to tourists within Ouarzazate?
The best way around Ouarzazate is via taxi. The red taxis for inner city travel costs only 4 dirhams per person flat, to travel anywhere in the city from 6 AM to 8 PM and 6 dirhams beyond that time. Please use this cheap transport to travel within the city and avoid the heat. The area around the Mohammad V Avenue is flat and the tourist can easily walk from one destination to the other on that avenue.
Which five-star hotels and accommodation are available for stay in Ouarzazate?
There are plenty of five-star hotels in Ouarzazate, thanks to the many movies that were shot in the city. Many Hollywood A-list actors stay in the hotels listed below.
- Kasbah Ait Ben Moro
- Les Tourmalines
- Dar Kamar
- Hotel Sultana Royal Golf
Flights and flight-inclusive holidays on this website are financially protected by the ATOL scheme. However some are not and at time of booking you confirm what protection is applicable. This website is a part of Moresand Ltd (registration no. 02114691) T/A Travelhouseuk registered in England and wales . Office , 10-11 Percy St, Fitzrovia, London W1T 1DN. All bookings protected under the ATOL scheme will receive an ATOL certificate. In cases where a part payment is made that flight booking is ATOL protected. In some cases a certificate does not indicate all the trip segments - this means the omitted parts are not ATOL protected). Please refer to our booking conditions for further information please visit www.atol.org.uk/ATOLCertificate