Cheap flights to Congo
Cheapest price to Congo
(from London Heathrow)
Recent searches for return flights to Congo
Airlines offering flights from uk to congo
- Air France (AF) via Paris
- Ethiopian Airlines (ET) via Addis Ababa
- Kenya Airways (KQ) via Nairobi
- Brussels Airlines (SN) via Brussels
- Turkish Airlines (TK) via Istanbul
- Royal Air Maroc (AT) via Casablanca
- Heathrow to Congo (Brazzaville) via Paris: 10 hours and 40 minutes
- Heathrow to Congo (FIH) via Paris: 10 hours and 40 minutes
- Heathrow to Congo (FIH) via Addis Ababa: 15 hours
- Manchester to Congo (FIH) via Brussels: 12 hours and 05 minutes
- Gatwick to Congo (BZV) via Morocco: 13 hours and 25 minutes
- Heathrow to Congo (Kinshasa) via Istanbul: 21 hours and 45 minutes
Congo is split between two countries, namely the Democratic Republic of Congo and the Republic of Congo. In case of the Democratic Republic of Congo, the main international hubs to support the domestic aviation network are:
- Kinshasa’s N’Djili Airport
- Lubumbashi’s Luano Airport
Bangoka International Airport and Goma Airport also attend to international flights, extending connecting flights to numerous domestic airports as well as airstrips.
For the Republic of Congo, Brazzaville hosts as the main aviation hub with its Maya Maya airport attending to about 400 flights every week. Pointe Noire also facilitates international flight operations in the country, allowing connecting flights to reach out to other domestic airports and airstrips.
- Air France: Flights are operated throughout the week.
- Ethiopian Airlines: Seven days a week.
- Kenya Airways: Monday to Sunday.
- Brussels Airlines: Flight connections are available on daily basis.
- Turkish Airlines: Facilitates flights on any given day of the week.
- Air France: Flight connections are available throughout the seven days of the week.
- Ethiopian Airlines: Monday to Sunday.
- Brussels Airlines: Flight services are extended on daily basis.
- Royal Air Maroc: Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.
- Air France, in consideration with the standards of free baggage allowance, applies weight limit. Thus, weight of your checked in luggage must not exceed 23 kg for Economy Class and 32 kg for Premium Economy Class.
- With Ethiopian Airlines, low air fares can be availed without forsaking necessary travel conveniences. So two pieces of 23 kg each are allowed in Economy Class and 2 pieces of 32kg each can be carried in Cloud Nine.
- When you opt for Turkish Airlines, you can carry 30 kg in Economy Class and 40 kg in Business Class according to their standard baggage allowance policy.
- Similarly, Kenya Airways set limits on free baggage on its flights between UK and Congo to be one piece of 23 kg maximum in Economy Class where as two pieces of maximum 32 kg each in Premier World Class.
- Fliers with the Royal Air Maroc are entitled to carry baggage allowance of one bag of 23 kg in Economy Class, 2 bags of 23kg each in Business Class.
While making you way to the Republic of Congo, the rough weather guide is good to have as to set a back drop in mind. Generally, we see weather in four diverse kaleidoscopes in one whole calendar year. The dry spell that starts from the early weeks of June and lasts all through August are the best days to visit Congo. This is thought to be the ideal weather to set out for excursions. However, on the other side the wet season in the Southern parts of the country makes the roads inaccessible and travelling a whole lot difficult. Hence it is particularly advised to visit Congo during the dry season.
Well, there are always budget wise people out there intending to explore as much as they can within a reasonable budget. They may opt for the wet season when a very few expeditionary tours are expected. Some northern parts of the country are still welcoming in the months of January and February and tourists tend to find the flights and accommodation in lesser rates.
The perfect tropical climate coupled with the numerous attractions, Congo serves to be the ideal location for many looking to explore the bounties hidden away in Africa. From rich landscapes to daring waterfalls and virgin forests, Congo has the perfect adventure to get your heart racing and adrenaline rushing. This is your chance to pay a visit the Famous Brazzaville Basilica, the bustling Marketplace, the stunning Congo River Rapids, the Lefini Faunal Reserve and many more amazing attractions.
Virunga National Park is famous for its countless parks in Congo, and also a home to one of the parks that made it to the UNESCO World Heritage List. The Virunga National Park is defined by a variety of flora and fauna that is rare in other African countries. Some of the most famous animals found here include mountain gorillas and hippopotamuses.
A truly magnificent and breath taking natural wonders, the Nyiragongo Volcano is a must see for all those heading to Congo. The mere sight of the lava lake is something to marvel at. It is one of the very rare volcanoes in the world with an almost everlasting lava lake, also known as the largest lava lake in the world. When it comes to natural landmarks, Congo has plenty to show off. One of its most prized possessions include the Dimba Cave, containing the oldest remnants of human activity in Lower Congo - it was inhabited already 18,000 BC or even earlier. Its excavation revealed artefacts from 2nd - 1st BC, marking the shift from Stone Age to Iron Age.
The standard of transportation in the Republic of Congo is quite developed than the Democratic Republic of Congo. The Democratic Republic of Congo falls in the heart of Congo Basin, and has multiple inland ports for supporting ferries. There are very few train routes maintained for infrequent rail traffic, and the roads are also generally rough and meagre. Well, in that case, it advised to make arrangements with various tour companies like Okapi Travel and Tours or Go Congo to help you make a safe and sound visit to Congo River. Many of the routes are generally accessible on trucks alone as they do not constitute proper roads. In the case of the Republic of Congo, there are frequent rail connections, perfect roads connecting urban zones and urban areas, availability of rental services for car hire. Local train services are good for commuting between cities like Kinshasa and Matadi. Further, to the city, it is advised to avail car hire service of 4WD vehicle with a driver which helps you explore in and around the Congo.
There is extreme variability with regard to where you are touring in Congo. In the Democratic Republic; there is a monopoly of a couple of hotels to facilitate exceptional international standard service. Local hotel options are not few, being focused mostly in the urban cities of the country. A few options of rental lodges are accessible to few who take time to look out for greater options.
- Kempinski Hotel Fleuve Congo
- Radisson Blu M’Bamou Palace Hotel, Brazzaville
- Pullman Kinshasa Grand Hotel
- Mikhael's Hotel
- Grand Hotel De Kinshasa
- Flat Hotel Ledya