Flights to Liberia are not as hard to find as the online influx of advertisements may lead you to believe. With credible agencies such as Travelhouseuk, Cheap tickets to Liberia are always available at competitive fares including great value deals for Cheap Liberia flights from UK and holiday packages.
Want a getaway trip to this eventful destination? For a quick quote, call in now, or leave us a query and we will get back to you with bargain flight deals with quality airlines like British Airways, Kenya Airways, Royal Air Maroc, Arik Air, Brussels airlines and Gambia bird.
Liberia is an exhilarating country with its rambling city of Monrovia hosting nightclubs and bars and popular sandy beaches close by where you can go swimming and boating. Atlantic Ocean Beach contains the Kendeja Cultural Centre which showcases the tribal life and traditions of Liberia. Go sports fishing on the Lake Piso, take an eventful tour of Firestone Rubber Plantation, enjoy the Kpa-Tawe Waterfalls experience, view the wildlife in Sapo National Park on the unscathed and immaculate forest region bordered by the Sinoe River.
Recent searches for return flights to Liberia 2020/2021
Which Airlines operate flights To Liberia?
- Air France
- British Airways
- Kenya Airways
- Brussels Airline
- AirBaltic Airlines
- Royal Air Maroc
- TAP Air Portugal
- Air Europa
- Aer Lingus
How long is the flight from uk to Liberia?
Monrovia is the capital city if Liberia. Although James Spriggs Airport (MLW) is closer to the Monrovia’s central district, the airport has been closed or is partially used, for now. Instead, Roberts International Airport (ROB) handles most the foreign flights coming to Liberia.
- A flight from London Heathrow to Monrovia is about 11 to 15 hours long, depending on the airline.
- Flight from Manchester to Monrovia usually takes 11 to 15 hours. The flight comes with a stopover.
- Flights from Birmingham to Monrovia are sometimes 13 to 17 hours long. This too depends on the airline the traveller uses.
- Flights from London Gatwick to Monrovia can be a bit longer. The total flight duration can exceed 27 hours.
Which airline offers direct flight to Liberia?
Right now there are no direct flights to Liberia from any airport in the United Kingdom. The most preferred route to the country is by taking a KLM or an Air France flight to Monrovia, stopping over at Paris or Amsterdam.
What is the best time to visit Liberia?
Liberia remains open throughout the year. Its proximity to the equator keeps temperature somewhat consistent – hot and humid. The Atlantic Ocean plays an important role in Liberia’s climate. On the coast, especially in the city of Monrovia, the temperature never really goes to the extreme; it is checked by the moderating nature of the ocean. So, extreme temperatures usually are never experienced on Liberia’s coastline. The further inland you travel, the more humid it would become in the summer months. It is perhaps a bit easier coming to these areas in the winter when the winds pick up and blow away the moisture from the air. Fortunately, Liberia receives minimal rainfall throughout the year, so expect open sky throughout your trip.
What is the cheapest time of year to fly to Liberia?
September is the month in which Liberia experiences the lowest tourist influx. The businesses are looking for tourists to fill their hotels and aeroplane seats so the rates really come down in this month. The highest temperatures in September do not go beyond 27° C, so it is relatively quiet pleasant given that this is a low season in Liberia. The low rainfall during this month also is a plus, and the country, on the whole, remains dry, perfect for some exploration.
What are the major international airports in Liberia?
There are eleven airports in Liberia out of which only Roberts International Airport (ROB) handles foreign flights. Roberts Airport is located in the capital city of Monrovia. The airport has handled about 200,000 passengers in 2017 and it is 54 kilometres from the city centre. The drive from the airport to the city centre can take 1 hour. The airport is also an emergency runway for the NASA Space Shuttle Program.
What are the entry requirements to Liberia for British travellers?
British Nationals require a visa to enter Liberia which can be applied for at the Embassy of the Republic of Liberia in London. The visa can take up to a week or so to process, so please plan accordingly.
What are the major landmarks in Liberia?
Liberia’s history is intertwined with man's pursuit of happiness. In search of freedom, solitude and equality, the freed slaves from the plantations of the United States settled on the coast of Liberia. At first, Liberia was a colony of the United States but then it gained independence in 1847. Liberia became an active member of the global community and was the loudest voice against slavery. Liberia was the founding member of the League of Nations, United Nations and African Union.
- Liberia is one giant exhibit of nature’s magnificence. Mount Wuteve or Mount Wologizi, as the local Loma tribe calls it, is the highest peak in Liberia. The Mountain is part of the ranges that are an extension of the West African Mountains. The blue-green mountain is a monument to nature and the track up the mount is less of a challenge when you can pause for a while and look at Liberia from a high vantage point. Mount Wuteve is 1440 meters high.
- Lake Piso is a lagoon in Liberia’s eastern corner that has been designated as “a wetland of international importance”. The lagoon is filled with brackish water; many rivers discharge into the lagoon but a small outlet also connects the pool with the Atlantic Ocean. The briny water of the ocean mixes with the fresh water in the shallow lagoon to become a breeding ground for many fish species. Many small islands in the lagoon are a sanctuary for the many birds that migrate to the lagoon to breed. Robertsport is a small port town at the mouth of the lagoon that has many excursion activities for the tourists heading to Lake Piso.
- Sapo National Park is located in the west of the country. The national park is one of the few places in the world that protects a primary rainforest, complete with living ancient trees and the densest wildlife and ecosystem in the region. Liberian Forestry Development Authority controls and protects these forests. The forest canopy can go as high as 32 meters that shelters a dozen endangered species.
Which events and festivals are celebrated in Liberia?
The year starts off with the festivities of the New Year in Liberia. Traditional drum beats wake up the droning spirits of the weary traveller. Expect to watch a dance battle between the traditional dancers and their shadows around a roaring bonfire on New Year eve. The Easter is celebrated with a Liberian flair and is celebrated in March or April. Liberia has a significant Muslim population, which celebrates the Eid ul Fitr after the month of Ramadan. Liberia has remained in touch with its American roots and celebrates Thanksgiving Day on the fourth of November. Christmas is the best time in Liberia to be exposed to the regional cuisine and interact with the community.
What are the transportation options available to tourists within Liberia?
The best way to get around in Liberia is by using the taxi. The shared taxis in Liberia wait until the all the 10 tickets are purchased by passengers. Use shared taxis when there is no other choice. Transport is not that expensive in Liberia, so it is better if you use the taxi just by yourself. Minibuses are crowded and often do not follow strict schedules.
Please be respectful of the people you meet in Liberia and offer them a smile rather than ignoring them during your travels. Disengage with them by ‘procrastination’ but do not turn them down outright or take a hard stance on anything. Avoid talking about the unsteady history the country experienced in the 1990s.
Which five-star hotels and accommodation are available for stay in Liberia?
There are many hotels in Liberia, with an excellent staff that is eager to provide you with the best service on your vacation.
- Royal Grand Hotel
- Embassy Suites Hotel & Restaurant
- Palm Spring Resort – Liberia
- RLJ Kendeja Resort & Villas
- Bella Casa Hotel & Suites