Cheap one-way & return flights to Togo from London
What is the best time to book flights to Togo?
Summer rains intensify after May in Togo, and few tourists choose to travel to Togo during this time. The first few months of the rainy season experience at least two to three days of wet weather per week. Coming to Togo in June, July or August will prevent you from reaching deep into your pockets. However, the weather is less than perfect at this time to go exploring Togo. Not as cheap, but cheaper still - coming to Togo during September and October can keep your financials in order as well. The rainfall is unpredictable during this time, so if you are lucky, you can experience open skies for weeks at a time during these months.
Airlines that operate flights to Togo
- Royal Air Maroc
- Ethiopian Airline
- Air France
- Brussels Airline
How long is the flight to Togo?
- Ethiopian Air and Royal Air Maroc provides a quick and cheap flight from London Heathrow to Togo. These flights take 12 hours to reach its destination and have a stopover in Casablanca or Nairobi.
- Air France offers an affordable flight from Birmingham to Togo. The trip takes 10 to 12 hours to reach the African country and comes with a stopover in Paris.
- The flight from Manchester to Lome is almost 12 hours and 15 minutes long with one layover. Air France travels in the quickest time to this city in Togo.
- Royal Air Maroc supplies the cheapest flight from London Gatwick Airport to Lome. The flight arrives in Togo in almost 15 to 16 hrs with a stopover in Casablanca.
Are there any direct flights to Togo from the UK?
There are no direct flights to Togo from the United Kingdom, from any of the country’s airports. Tourists visiting Togo prefer Royal Air Maroc over others because it is the cheapest airline on the fastest route to Togo and has a stopover in Casablanca only.
Which are the most popular tourist attractions in Togo?
- Mount Agou
- Lake Togo
- Fazao Malfakassa National Park
- Kéran National Park
- International Museum of the Gulf of Guinea
Cheap flights to Togo with Royal Air Maroc
Royal Air Maroc is consistently providing the cheapest tickets to Togo to all tourists and returning Togolese expats here in the United Kingdom. Not only do these flights have to shortest stopover but they also offer the best value for the money.
To carry the passengers from the UK, the Moroccan airline operates two flights from London: Royal Air Maroc 801 and 803. Flight number AT801 takes off from London Heathrow at 5 PM every single day. AT 803 soars the sky from London Gatwick Airport at 5 PM every Monday, Thursday and Saturday and at midnight only on Sundays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Therefore, just from London alone, 14 Royal Air Maroc flights are leaving for Casablanca each week. From Manchester, AT819 is operated every Monday and Friday at 6:30 PM.
After a three-hour flight to Casablanca, the passengers embark on the next leg of their journey to Togo. These passengers either board Royal Air Maroc’s AT513 to get to the country. Flight number AT513 is scheduled to fly at noon every Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Friday and arrives in Lome in 4 hours.
What is the Busiest International airport in Togo?
Lome–Tokoin International Airport (LFW) is the only international airport in the country. The airport is only 7 kilometres away from the city centre. In recent years, the airport was able to serve 700,000 passengers annually. The top international airline carrier flying out of Lome airport is KLM with 113 scheduled flights per month.
What are the entry requirements to Togo for British travellers?
British passport holders require a visa to enter Togo. You can apply for a visa when you arrive in Togo, but that tenure of that permit would not be for more than seven days. Togo’s Embassy in the United Kingdom processes all travel permits. The immigration officer would require a return ticket or an invitation letter from a responsible citizen in Togo as an assurance that you will leave the country. Please make sure that your British passport remains valid for one year from the date you enter Togo. The British government advises all the citizens visiting the country to be vaccinated against yellow fever before leaving for the trip.
What is the best time to visit Togo?
Togo is a small country located in West Africa with a tropical climate. The best time to come to the Togolese Republic is from November to March since these are the driest months of the calendar in the country. During this time the average temperature does not deviate from the 25°C to 30°C range. Fortunately, the humidity also decreases to its minimum values making the air breathable and your tour more relaxed in the winter months. January is the busiest month for the tourism industry in Togo, so expect higher rates and travel costs during these times. As always, contact our agents at least four months before you intend to travel to get cheaper travel deals to Togo.
What are the major landmarks in Togo?
Togo is a charming and fascinating country. Hundreds of years of culture have inspired the landmarks in Togo. It is known for its beaches and hilltop villages. Many natural wonders like the lake of Lome also encourage the traveller to lengthen their stay in Togo.
- Monument of Independence is one of the beautiful landmarks in Togo and is the symbol of freedom for the citizens of the republic. It was built to pay tribute to those who struggled in the freedom movement against French colonial rule. The iconic memorial is built around a silhouette of a champion representing brotherhood and harmony.
- Koutammakou is a traditional village in eastern Togo. The UNESCO designated cultural landscape showcases the ancient architecture of the people of Togo. These mud houses are strong enough to support two floors and many rooms. The Togolese believe that by using mud and branches as construction materials for their homes, they are keeping true to nature. The shape of the huts and the aesthetic ingenuity of the Batammariba tribe mimic the landscape around the village. Tourists visiting the Koutammakou land get to understand the real culture of Togo and develop a link with the culture of its people.
- Kpalime Falls is another natural spectacle in Togo. The waterfall is hidden in a tight embrace of the trees and shrubbery growing on the vertical face of the hill. The water tumbles from a great height on the rocks below and crashing into a fine mist. Swimming in the crystalline water washes all your worries away and gives you time to ponder on your place in this universe. Hiking up the mountains surrounding Kpalime Falls also relaxes the soul. You can take many Instagram worthy photos here to adorn your social media profile. We believe that a tour of Togo is incomplete without visiting the falls.
- Art and its many forms allowed humans to express themselves even in the Paleolithic times. In Namoudjoga, mushroom-shaped figures are depicting many animals and designs in ancient caves, caved tens of thousands of years ago. These Rock Arts are an old humanmade landmark in Togo representing the mystical stories of the past. The sacred pictograms illustrate the methods of hunting and even hairdressing, with people sitting under trees and having a new makeover.
Transportation options available to tourists within Togo
Apart from the international airport in Lome, there is Niamtougou International Airport, which will become functional in the future and open up northern Togo to the rest of the world. Tourists can use regional airlines like ASKY Airlines, to move through the region. In Togo, the road conditions are not well. Even in the capital, traffic can be chaotic for someone new to the Togolese roads, so it is best to hire a driver for your travels along with a rented car. Please use vehicles that have the proper paperwork while visiting Togo. Currently, there are no scheduled boat services available in Togo. Visitors can use motorbikes also.
Which five-star hotels and accommodation are available for stay in Togo?
November, December and January are the most tourist-friendly months of the year in Togo. The average temperature does not exceed 30 °C but normally remains around 23 °C. Rainfall is to be expected but it does not come across as a hassle in outdoor tourism. The climate is generally dry which is why occasional rainfall complements it.
What’s the general idea of budgeting in Togo?
- Single meal at an international fast food chain: £2.2
- Large bottle of mineral water: £0.43
- an imported pack of cigarettes: £1
- Average taxi trip within the city: £10
- Average ticket for local transport: £0.66
- A guest room or a common hotel: £25
- A top end luxury resort or guest house: £80
Flights and flight-inclusive holidays on this website are financially protected by the ATOL scheme. However some are not and at time of booking you confirm what protection is applicable. This website is a part of Moresand Ltd (registration no. 02114691) T/A Travelhouseuk registered in England and wales . Office , 10-11 Percy St, Fitzrovia, London W1T 1DN. All bookings protected under the ATOL scheme will receive an ATOL certificate. In cases where a part payment is made that flight booking is ATOL protected. In some cases a certificate does not indicate all the trip segments - this means the omitted parts are not ATOL protected). Please refer to our booking conditions for further information please visit www.atol.org.uk/ATOLCertificate