Cheap flights to Malawi
Cheapest price to Malawi
(from London Heathrow)
Recent searches for return flights to Malawi
- Ethiopian airlines (ET)
- Kenya Airways (KQ)
- Asky Airlines (KP)
- South African Airways (SA)
- Air France (AF)
- Flights from London Heathrow to Malawi via Nairobi with Kenya Airways (LHR-NBO-LLW)
- Flights to Malawi from London Heathrow via Addis Ababa with Ethiopian Airlines (LHR-ADD-BLZ)
- Flights from Manchester to Malawi with Air France (MAN-CDG-NBO-LLW)
- The flight operations with Kenya Airways commence from the UK to carry passengers at Lilongwe International Airport, Malawi via Nairobi consumes a time fill of 17 hours and 25 minutes.
- Ethiopian Airlines operates a single frequency between the United Kingdom and Lilongwe International Airport, Malawi via Addis Ababa in minimum 14 hours and 35 minutes.
- Similarly, South African Airlines cover the whole itinerary in 16 hours and 50 minutes while making a short stopover at Johannesburg.
Malawi’s enormous infrastructure of roads favours the public transport. Luxury Bus services ply between major cities like Blantyre and Lilongwe. So you won’t be having any commutation problem for travelling from one city to another. Travelling within the cities is also convenient, for Minibuses are inexpensive yet easy way to travel within. Also, taxis are always a better choice. But make sure to get in one after having considerable negotiations over fares. Rental cars are available for hire in cities: Blantyre and Lilongwe. You can book a well-conditioned car beforehand.
Kenya Airways takes the lead in conducting an average number of 14 flights on weekly basis. Ethiopian Airlines optimizes its operational capacity for the same UK to Malawi route for about 10-12 flights. And more, South African Airlines unifies with other popular airlines to facilitate passengers. Henceforth, making about 7 flights to link the UK with Malawi.
- Kenya Airways, while following the piece system, allows two bags to check-in on their UK-Malawi flight. Each bag should weigh not more than 23 kg in Economy Class where as 32 kg each is allowed in Premier World.
- Ethiopian Airlines facilitates it’s passengers for free checked in luggage of 2 pieces weighing 23 kg each in Economy Class and 3 pieces of 23 kg each in Cloud Nine.
- South African Airlines will have travellers carry only one bag of 23 kg in Economy Class and 2 bags of 32 kg each in Business Class.
- Chileka International Airport (BLZ)
- Lilongwe International Airport (LLW)
While Malawi stands two main seasons, dry and wet. Within this, dry season begins in May and lasts up to August. Dry season in Malawi characterizes cooler temperatures and lush green vegetations. Crispy fresh evenings call the tourists as well as the locals to explore the less popular yet amazing jewels of Malawi. Also, this dry and cold season is an ideal time for hiking and game viewing; for landscapes seem much more attractive in this time.Off Peak Season
Although the global warming has made weather all over the world so unpredictable, yet the recent trends exhibits the pattern of wet season followed by the cool and dry in August. Temperature begins to rise in September with heavy downpours which causes a certain level of humidity. Thus, apparently it is the less pleasant time to visit Malawi.
Malawi offers you variety of choices to stay, from dorms and hostels to luxury villas. Along the shores of Lake Malawi you’ll get to see the splurge lodging deluxe luxury resorts. With an increase in the tourism activities, Malawi is continually progressing in it’s hospitality industry.. The capital, for instance, has a vast collection of lodging options for all the budget sizes. For mid-range and budget accommodations plenty of bed & bath accommodations and backpackers’ hostels are available at £9 per night--starting charges. Few top notch accommodation options are listed below.
- Pumulani Lodge
- Kumbali Country Lodge
- Sunbird Livingstonia Beach Hotel
- Sunbird Ku Chawe Hotel
- Cape McClear Nature Reserve
- Umodzi Park Hotel