Cheap flights to Ethiopia
Ethiopia, the base of the famous Horn of Africa, is home to exquisite topography, while booming with rapid development across the region. Avail the cheap flight to Ethiopia to uncover the tribal heritage of indigenous settlements. Like all other African countries, Ethiopia captivates the attention of many globetrotters due to its staggering contrast. Amongst other popular tourist highlights, Safari tours are the headline act for the visitors of Ethiopia. History-buffs are also eager to explore the glamorous collusion of contemporary and lapsed African culture and architecture.
Recent searches for return flights to Ethiopia
Airlines that operates flights to Ethiopia
- Ethiopian Airlines (ET) direct flight
- British Airways (BA) direct flight
- Turkish Airlines (TK) via Istanbul
- Kenya Airlines (KQ) via Nairobi
- Egypt Air (NS) via Cairo
- Lufthansa (LH) via Frankfurt
- Alitalia (AZ) via Rome
- Saudia Airlines (SV) via Jeddah
How long is the flight to Ethiopia
- Direct flights to Ethiopia from London heathrow with Ethiopian Airlines(LHR-ADD): 7 hours and 35 minutes
- Flights from London heathrow to Ethiopia with Turkish Airlines via Istanbul(LHR-IST-ADD): 10 hours and 10 minutes
- Kenya Airways flights to Ethiopia from London Heathrow via Nairobi(LHR-NBO-ADD): 12 hours and 45 minutes
- London Heathrow to Ethiopia with Egypt Air via Cairo(LHR-CAI-ADD):14 hours and 35 minutes
- Manchster to Ethiopia with Lufthansa via Frankfurt(LHR-FRA-ADD): 9 hours and 25 minutes
- London Heathrow to Ethiopia (ADD) with Alitalia via Italy: 9 hours and 30 minutes
- Flights from Birmingham to Ethiopia with Lufthansa via Frankfurt(LHR-FRA-ADD): 9 hours and 50 minutes
- Manchester to Ethiopia (ADD) with Turkish Airlinesvia Istanbul: 11 hours
- Heathrow to Ethiopia with Saudi Arabian Airlines via Jeddah(LHR-JED-ADD): 11 hours and 15 minutes
Ethiopian Airlines is the flag carrier of Ethiopia. This reputed airline is wholly owned by the government. It is the only facilitator of direct flight from the United Kingdom to Addis Ababa. Thus, it the most favored choice of customers flying from major airports of the United Kingdom.
Owing to its location, Ethiopia stands for mild temperature throughout the year. Weather changes as we move from one region to another. Taking on a holistic approach, dry weather usually welcomes the swarm of tourists as it is the most appropriated time to visit Ethiopia in October till beginning of February. Flowers of various colors bloom in the spring season which adds to the beauty of the country. Moreover, it is most suitable for the trekkers who can enjoy trekking in tracks between emerald highlands. For others, cultural experiences carry more worth than visiting the landscapes. The land of Ethiopia welcomes the foreigners in the merry making of Timkat celebrations in the beginning of the year in January where by the Ethiopian perform holy pilgrimage to Axum.
The road infrastructure is varied as we move from one city to another. Yet the major cities of the Ethiopia manage the well developed transportation system. Addis Ababa has a central point from where you can get on board with a Taxi or mini local buses. Depending upon customer choices according to the travelling destination and allocated budget, there are vast variety of transportation vehicle available that make your destination accessible. For more comfortable commuting, domestic flights can always be booked on discounted rates whilst in Ethiopia. For hopping to other tourist points in cheap rates, you can book in advance the buses.
The capital city of Addis Ababa is perhaps among the most competitive cities all across Africa for hosting a high concentration and an excessive variety of hotels. Western international hotel chains as well as regional chains are present. There are extensive options for economy budget hotels for a good value for money as well. There are a few guest houses for tourists who prefer more privacy. Towards towns, tourists may save even more with basic bed-and-room hotels. Certain rural areas are bordered by resort hotels to cater for tourists interested with getting to interact with the villagers. A federal government hotel chain also exists with fixed hotel charges for foreigners.
- Fly to Ethiopia direct from London with Ethiopian Airlines.
- Ethiopian Airlines operates one direct flight to Ethiopia daily from London Heathrow.
- Flights with Ethiopian Airlines to Ethiopia take off everyday in the evening.
- International flights from and to Ethiopia are served by Addis Ababa Bole International Airport.
- The approximate air distance between UK and Ethiopia is 3984 miles.
- Preferred airlines to fly to Ethiopia with stopovers are Lufthansa, Turkish Airlines, Gulf Air, Egypt Air and Emirates.
- You can fly with Lufthansa to Ethiopia from both London City Airport and London Heathrow Airport and flights usually fly out in the afternoon.
- Turkish Airlines offers flights daily to Ethiopia from London via Istanbul.
- The average time a flight takes between United Kingdom and Ethiopia is around 8.5 hours.