Cheap flights to Swaziland
Cheapest price to
(from London Heathrow)
fr £ 707.60
Recent searches for return flights to Swaziland
which airlines fly to swaziland?
- South African Airlines
- Ethiopian Airlines
What are the major international airports in Swaziland?
Flights to Swaziland are operated via multiple airlines and a long layover. Therefore, the most preferred option for Swaziland is to book a flight to the nearest airport in Africa, and from thereon, travel to Swaziland by road.
Which events and festivals are celebrated in Swaziland?
- In February, the Marula Festival begins by presenting the King of the Swazis with Marula fruit and beer. Before the imperial tasting, the Swazis’ cannot consume the fruits.
- The performers dance around a great bushfire at the Bushfire Festival, late in May each year.
- The Umhlanga or Reed dance festival in late August is the most visited festival in Swaziland. Young girls dance in colourful attire, present the queen reeds to mend the palace windbreakers as a token of loyalty.
What are the major landmarks in Swaziland?
- Hike up the Shibebe Rock. It is the second largest seamless rock (monolith) in the entire world. It is 800 meters high and about 3 billion years old.
- Tread into the Lion Cavern which is the oldest iron ore mine, about 45 thousand years old, but back then the iron ore was used to make a red pigment, not iron tools.
- Wonder at the ancient painting in the Nsangwini Rock Shelter which depicts pictograms of animals and strange ‘birdmen’.
- Race on a bike and reach the top of the mountains to witness the Mantenga Falls, near Manzini. The waterfall is 95 meters high and is nestled in picturesque scenery.
What is the best time to visit Swaziland?
All year round the temperature of Swaziland remains between 5°C to 25°C. The ideal time to visit Swaziland is May through to September. This is when the temperatures are milder, and due to the dry winter, the animals are visible around water holes.
What hotels and accommodation options are available for tourists in Swaziland?
- Lugogo Sun
- Benka LifeStyle
- Foresters Arms
- Bushbaby Lodge
What are the entry requirements to Swaziland for British travellers?
All British passport holders are not required to have a visa to enter Swaziland. British citizens can stay up to thirty days within Swazi territory, but this time period can be easily extended by the immigration department at Mbabane.