Cheap one-way & return flights to Windhoek from London
Which airlines that operate flights to Windhoek from UK?
- British Airways
- South African Airways
- Qatar Airways
- Virgin Atlantic
- Air France
- Ethiopian Airlines
Are there any direct flights to Windhoek?
Airlines have yet to start direct flight operations from the UK to Windhoek. This means that only connecting flights are available for the time being. Some of the top airlines offering connecting flights are South African Airways, Qatar Airways, British Airways, Virgin Atlantic, Lufthansa, and KLM, among other operators. For flight details and booking, reach us on our Facebook page or the phone (020 3137 2316).
How long is the flight from UK to Windhoek?
- The flight duration from London Heathrow to Windhoek is 14 hours and 50 minutes on a KLM flight via Amsterdam and Luanda
- From London Gatwick to Windhoek, the minimum flight duration is 15 hours and 30 minutes. The flight is operated by British Airways and KLM (code-shared) and takes the route via Amsterdam and Luanda.
- The shortest flight from Manchester to Windhoek takes 13 hours and 30 minutes. Lufthansa and Air Namibia code-share this flight, which involves a layover in Frankfurt.
- From Edinburgh, KLM offers connecting flights to Windhoek via Amsterdam and Luanda. The flight duration is 16 hours and 40 minutes. KLM also offers flights from Edinburgh that take 15 hours and 10 minutes to reach Windhoek, but these are code-shared with Air Namibia.
- It takes at least 14 hours and 45 minutes to reach Windhoek from Birmingham on the shortest connecting flight for the route. KLM and Air Namibia are the operating airlines as the flight is code-shared. You will fly via Amsterdam and Frankfurt.
Can Travelhouseuk help me in finding the cheapest Windhoek flights from the UK?
From seasonal offers to last-minute discounts just before holidays, travelhouseuk carries quite a few surprises for those flying to Windhoek. The simplest way to get information on flights and deals is to give us a call at 020 3137 2316 or follow us on Facebook. Now if you wish to keep track of future offers and flash sales, do not leave it at that. Ask your travel agent to call or email you once the fare drops, or sign up for our newsletter to receive such updates.
How much is the cheapest flight ticket to Windhoek from the UK?
For as low as 557 GBP, you can get a return-flight to Windhoek from London Heathrow. This is the fare available for now, but prices keep on shifting so the digits may go either way.
Follow us on Facebook and feel free to look through our offers and flight deals. Once you are ready, give us a call at 020 3137 2316 to get started with your booking. For you to have the best experience of online flight booking, our agents are at the ready to respond to your Facebook queries.
Can I fly to Windhoek now and pay later?
If the prices you find on our website are not compatible with your set budget, you can still get a flight to Windhoek. All you have to do is tell your travel agent, when you give us a call at 020 3137 2316, to make your booking on a ‘Fly Now, Pay Later’ payment plan. This only requires an initial deposit from your end, after which you can pay the rest in instalments. You will have to schedule these payments with us at the time of your booking and then your ticket will be issued.
Which is the main international airport in Windhoek?
Flights from the UK reach the Hosea Kutako International Airport in Windhoek. Its IATA code is WDH. The largest airport in Namibia is situated quite a distance from the city, about 46 kilometres. Shuttle service is available from the airport, and so are taxis. Since it will be a long ride to the city, make arrangements in advance if possible.
What are the major tourist attractions in Windhoek?
Independence Memorial Museum: A relatively recent addition to the number of landmarks in and around Windhoek, the museum depicts one of the most significant movements in Namibia's political time scale - the anti-colonial resistance movement. As the entrance road leads you towards the building, and this five-floored marvel of modern architecture comes in sight, you will likely appreciate it too.
The Heroes' Acre: Namibia's evolution from a German colony to a republic was not without its sacrifices, and the war memorial here gives credit where credit is due. Concentrations of both locals and tourists can be seen here on any day of the week. The memorial lies in the outskirts of the city, some 10 kilometres away.
Daan Viljoen Game Reserve: The presence of a wide variety of species keeps the interest alive, which is one reason why many wish to explore the reserve a second time. There is much activity during the summer season, to the point that individual trekkers can hike or track animals on their own. But you can always hire a guide of course.
Christ Church: Also known as the Church of Peace, the Christ Church has its foundations in the post-war era when it was built as a symbol of peace, goodwill, and cooperation of the general public. Its neo-Romanesque and Gothic revival style has much to do with the fact that the architect was Gottlieb Redecker, and parts of the substructures were brought from Germany.
Which are the best hotels in Windhoek?
- Villa Moringa Guesthouse (5-star)
- The Olive Exclusive All-Suite Hotel (5-star)
- Hilton Windhoek (4-star)
- Windhoek Country Club Resort (4-star)
- N/a'an ku sê Lodge and Sanctuary (4-star)
- Avani Windhoek Hotel & Casino (4-star)
- Galton House (4-star)
- Olive Grove Guesthouse (3-star)
- Rivendell Guest House (3-star)
- The Elegant Guest House (3-star)
- Auas Safari Lodge (3-star)
Flights and flight-inclusive holidays on this website are financially protected by the ATOL scheme. However some are not and at time of booking you confirm what protection is applicable. This website is a part of Moresand Ltd (registration no. 02114691) T/A Travelhouseuk registered in England and wales . Office , 10-11 Percy St, Fitzrovia, London W1T 1DN. All bookings protected under the ATOL scheme will receive an ATOL certificate. In cases where a part payment is made that flight booking is ATOL protected. In some cases a certificate does not indicate all the trip segments - this means the omitted parts are not ATOL protected). Please refer to our booking conditions for further information please visit www.atol.org.uk/ATOLCertificate