Tourists interested to catch sights of the Southern Right Whales of the Atlantic should avail cheap flights to Walvis Bay. The tourism hub of Namibia, Walvis Bay faces a natural harbor along its coasts to provide space for vessels as well as giant sea life as well as undersea plantations. Multiple wildlife institutions have also been established, while its sand dunes remain a key attraction for fun filled acitivities. Rooikop Walvis Bay Airport hosts all international Walvis Bay flights, hosting 2 air operators connecting to 3 cities. Business class bookings are also available alongside economy class bookings for cheap flight tickets to Walvis Bay. TravelhouseUK is currently collaborating with Lufthansa, South African Airways and Air France for budget Walvis Bay travel deals including accommodation and tour services in the area.
Recent searches for return flights to Walvis Bay 2021/2022
Which airlines fly to Walvis Bay?
- Air Namibia
- South African Airways
- Qatar Airways
- Virgin Atlantic
Are there any direct flights to Walvis Bay from the UK?
There are no airlines that fly direct from the UK to Walvis Bay. However, connecting flights depart from all major UK cities like Aberdeen, London, Southampton, Manchester, and Cardiff.
What is the fastest way to travel from London to Walvis Bay?
- The distance between LHR and Walvis Bay is around 7500 miles.
- A connecting flight from London Heathrow to WVB takes 16 hrs on average and is the quickest mode of transport.
- Depending on stopovers and departure airports, flight time may vary.
How long is the flight from the UK to Walvis Bay?
- From Glasgow to Walvis Bay is 18 hours on average, with two stops.
- Aberdeen to Walvis Bay is 20 hrs approx.
- An average flight from LGW to WVB is 15 hrs. There is a 2 hr time difference between London and Walvis Bay; hence, timings may vary.
- From Manchester MAN to WVB is around 17hrs 20 min.
- Edinburgh to WVB is approx 16 – 18 hours, depending on layover locations.
When is the cheapest time to fly to Walvis Bay?
A general decline in airfares is seen during the offseason. The best time to fly is between October to April, where temperatures are favourable, or in the summer months, May-August, for game viewing. Now is the best time to book your flights in advance and get the early-bird discount. If you are flexible with your travel dates, you can get a better choice in airfares, as they are always changing according to trends.
Flights to Walvis Bay with South African Airways
Operating the majority of flights to Walvis Bay, South African Airways offer exclusive packages to their customers. Almost 3 to 5 flights depart every week from LHR to WVB. You can take off from any of the major airports in the UK for a connecting flight to Walvis Bay. Flight routes may affect total flight times. Average flights from the UK to WVB take around 16 hrs. An Economy Class flight with South African Airways is available at approx 750 pounds.
As airfares are always fluctuating, it is suggested to book in advance, to secure desired seats. Experts also recommend choosing a round-trip over a one-way flight, to avoid future booking hassles
What are the popular stopover cities from UK flights to Walvis Bay?
Direct flights are limited when travelling from the UK, so one or more stops on the way are a necessity. Selecting a stopover is a significant choice, especially for frequent travellers. Whether a brief touchdown or an extended stay, these destinations can serve as a bonus to your journey. When flying to Walvis Bay, you have a variety of options to consider
- Dubai: The city of Gold is forever loved and a regular tourist hotspot, no matter your destination. See the grand architecture, go duty-free shopping, or enjoy the diverse cultures. If you happen to fly with Emirates, this will become your default stop.
- Cape town: Your stay in the Mother City will be nothing but pleasant, as the gorgeous landscapes will keep you occupied for hours. Make sure to take a souvenir from the many shops and displays around every corner.
- Johannesburg: Being the prime choice when travelling with South African Airways, you can enjoy here shopping at the duty-free or grabbing a delicious bite at the international restaurants. Depending on the duration of your layover, you can even relax and rejuvenate in one of the lounges.
How early should I book to get cheap Business Class flights to Walvis Bay?
Usually quite expensive, Business Class flights can put a load on your wallet. However, with the expertise of Travelhouseuk agents, you can get affordable airfares to any destination. The additional baggage space and excellent service are surely worth the extra amount. It is favourable to book several weeks in advance, and in the off-season months, to secure exclusive travel deals. Long-haul trips often result in jet-lag, especially if the service in uncomfortable. Business Class booking ensures a comfortable and enjoyable flight, whether travelling solo, with children, or aged companions. A Business flight with multiple stopovers is available at approx 1700 pounds, with various airlines.
Can I get last-minute flights to Walvis Bay with Travelhouseuk?
The Travelhouseuk team prides itself on offering competitive airfares to any destination worldwide. Simply call our representative and sort out your entire travel itinerary, customised to your choices. With the arrival of the holiday season, last-minute fliers are more frequent every day. If you want to travel with a specific airline, we suggest booking several weeks in advance. However, if you need an urgent flight, our agents can get you affordable fares instantly. Do you want to spend New Year's among the majestic flamingoes? We can arrange your dream city break or vacation, precisely the way you want.
How to get around in Walvis Bay?
Walvis Bay is connected to other neighbouring cities with a luxury bus network by the name of IntercapeManliner. With buses running every day, it connects nearby localities like Swakopmund to the town. A shuttle bus service for N$ 190 per person is also available. You can also get relatively faster minibus rides, taxis, or rental cars, to travel to more remote areas. The Walvis Bay port also caters cruisers for connecting other cities, islands, and ports. If you don’t mind the dust, then cycling on the long roads is also an option. You can also choose an organised tour or Safari, to cater to the travelling on your trip.
How far is Walvis Bay Airport from the City Centre?
Walvis Bay Airport is one of three international airports in Namibia and is the second largest. Coded as WVB, it is located in the desert, 15 km(9miles) from Walvis Bay, and 30 miles from Swakopmund, by road. The leading airlines serving here are SouthAfrican Airways and Air Namibia.
What are the best places to stay in Walvis Bay?
There are plenty of luxury hotels to have a pampered and luxurious vacation in Walvis Bay. You can also find reasonably priced lodgings in close access to the airport. Offering the best of the hospitality industry, some top recommended hotels are:
- The Iris Boutique Hotel
- Protea Hotel by Marriot Walvis Bay
- Flamingo Villas Boutique Hotel
- Lagoon Lodge
- The Rez Guesthouse