Cheap flights to Monrovia
Recent searches for return flights to Monrovia
Which Airlines Operate Flights To Monrovia?
- Royal Air Maroc
- Air France
- Brussels Airline
- Air Europa
- TAP Air Portugal
- AirBaltic Airlines
- Aer Lingus
- British Airways
How long is the flight from UK to Monrovia?
- The flight from London Heathrow to Monrovia is 11 to 15 hours long. Depending on the airline the flight can either have one or two stopovers.
- The flight duration of the trip from Manchester to Monrovia can be anywhere between 11 to 15 hours. The flight may have one or possibly two stopovers.
- The Birmingham to Monrovia flight takes 13 to 17 hours to reach its destination. These flights usually have two stopovers.
- The flights to Monrovia from London Gatwick Airport can be a bit longer. With one to two lengthy stopovers, the total flight duration can extend to 27 hours.
Which airline offers direct flights to Monrovia?
Unfortunately, at the moment, there are no direct flights from the United Kingdom to Monrovia. The most preferred route the passengers take to reach their African destination is by using the services of KLM or Air France, stopping over at Paris or Amsterdam and getting a connecting flight to Monrovia.
What is the best time to visit Monrovia?
Monrovia is an evergreen city. It can be visited any time as the temperature does not vary greatly throughout the year. This is because of the city’s proximity to the Atlantic Ocean, as the ocean acts like a weather moderator that dampens any sudden shifts in the climate of the city. Monrovia receives almost no rainfall throughout the year, so no umbrellas are needed to explore the city. Given the city’s consistently humid environment, coming to the city in the winter might be a bit more pleasing for more sensitive tourists.
What is the cheapest time of year to fly to Monrovia?
The August and September months are the cheapest months to visit Monrovia. For some travellers, the heat of the summer months and the humidity in the city are not very pleasing. For those who can bear a little more humidity than going through the pain of emptying their pockets at the cash counter, going to Monrovia in August could be a relief. The airfare is cheap and the accommodations are more affordable during these autumn months.
Which are the main international airports in Monrovia?
There are two airports in Monrovia: the James Spriggs Payne Airport (MLW) and Roberts International Airport (ROB). Although James Spriggs Airport is closer to the Monrovia’s downtown area, the airport has fallen into disuse. Roberts Airport now serves the city of Monrovia exclusively. This airport holds the distinction of being an emergency runway landing for the NASA Space Shuttle program. Roberts Airport has served approximately 200,000 passengers in 2017 and is 54 kilometres away from downtown Monrovia.
What are the entry requirements to visit Monrovia for British travellers?
British nationals need a visa to visit Monrovia. British citizens can apply for a visa at the Embassy of the Republic of Liberia in London. The visa process takes a few weeks so please plan your visit accordingly.
What are the major landmarks in Monrovia?
Monrovia is a city built by the freed slaves of North America. They sought to return back to their African roots and built a paradise for themselves, free from prejudice and racial segregation. This exodus to the colonies of freedom was supported by US President James Monroe after whom the city has been named.
- Liberian National Museum was established by an act of the National Legislature in 1965 to preserve the artistic, cultural, religious and historic heritage of Liberia. The museum now houses hundreds of artefacts that are symbols of the diverse ethnic background of Liberia. These artefacts also include the presidential paper and personal documents of Liberia’s founding fathers. Liberia’s civil war is now a part of the exhibit as well. Different weapons that were once used in the carnage and the loudspeakers that brought back the peace are both displayed at the museum.
- Bernard’s Beach is the largest beach in Monrovia. The soothing waves caressing the golden brown sand and the cooling water licks your toes, polishing your soul in the process. If you require some quiet time for yourself, away from the hustle and bustle of the city, Bernard’s Beach is the best place for some self-reflection. The same calm pulsating waves at the beach can explosively splash over the rocks lying further into the sea, the mist of which cools down the warming sun.
- The Sacred Heart Cathedral of Monrovia is the central place of worship for the Archdiocese of Monrovia. It is not only a Catholic church; it was a place of protection and sanctuary for hundreds of women and children that took shelter in the church as the civil war of Liberia swirled outside its gates. The church’s architecture is inspired by the churches designed in Southern America and hints at the African legacy of the community surrounding it. Visit the church and give tribute to the many that opened their heart to those fleeing war.
Which events and festivals are celebrated in Monrovia?
Monrovia’s old name is Christipolis. As one can judge from that, Monrovia has been deeply moved by religion and this is also evident in the festivals it celebrates. The Easter celebration in March or April is a time of great cheer in Monrovia. The Easter is a festival of rejuvenation and particularly for Monrovia, it is a time to forget the restless past and look towards the future with hope. The Liberian Independence Day falls on the 26th of July. The Independence Day celebration lasts the entire night, with fireworks blazing the sky and shimmering in the waves of the Atlantic. Monrovia also has a significant Muslim population and Eid ul Fitr is celebrated with the entire community. Borrowing the tradition from American culture, the Liberians celebrate Thanksgiving Day on the 4th of November.
What are the transportation options available to tourists within Monrovia?
The best way to get around Monrovia is by taxis. There is a concept of sharing the taxi in Monrovia, which means that passengers need to wait for other travellers going to the same destination until the car is full. Taxis are already quite inexpensive in Monrovia so it is better to hire the taxi just for you and move to any tourist attraction in Monrovia by yourself. Minibuses and vans are also available but since they are limited in number and run along a defined route, they are less than ideal.
Which five-star hotels and accommodation are available for stay in Monrovia?
The best five-star hotels in Monrovia are listed below. Please select the hotels that best suits your budget and comfort.
- Royal Grand Hotel
- Embassy Suites Hotel & Restaurant
- Palm Spring Resort – Liberia
- RLJ Kendeja Resort & Villas
- The Cape Hotel