Cheap one-way & return flights to Cameroon from London
When is the best time to get cheapest flights to Cameroon ?
The cheapest time to come to Cameroon is from February to March. During this time the tourists visiting Cameroon over the Christmas holidays have all but left. The empty hotel rooms and vacant seats on aeroplanes provoke businesses to cheapen the rates and offer deals for more customers. Since the humidity has still to rise and the rainy cloudy have yet to come to the country, the February to March window is an excellent time to find a cheaper flight to Cameroon. The average temperature is around 27°C during this time and a minimal chance of rain.
Which airlines operate flights to Cameroon from UK?
- Turkish Airlines
- Brussels Airline
- Kenya Airways
- Ethiopian Airlines
Are there any direct flights to Cameroon from the UK?
No, there are no direct flights available from any UK airport to any destination in Cameroon. Travellers going to Cameroon prefer purchasing a Turkish Airlines ticket and reaching the country in about 15 to 17 hours. These flights have a small stopover in Istanbul before they continue towards Africa.
How long is the flight to Cameroon from the UK?
- Turkish-Airlines champions in providing the cheapest flights to Cameroon. It takes 15 to 17 hours to reach Cameroon Douala International from London Heathrow Airport. Istanbul is the stopover.
- Flights leaving from Manchester for Cameroon reach Douala in 16 hours. These flights have a single layover in Istanbul.
- The Birmingham to Cameroon journey can be 20 hours long with one to two stops in the middle; one in London (when applicable) and the second in Istanbul.
- From London Gatwick Airport it takes 17 hours to get to Cameroon’s Douala Airport. There is one stopover in the flight at Istanbul or Kigali (when travelling with RwandAir)
- From London Heathrow, it takes 15 hours to get to Cameroon’s capital city Yaounde via Istanbul.
Cheap flights to Cameroon with Turkish Airlines
Turkish Airlines offer the most flights from different UK airports to Cameroon. Not only are these flights the most affordable, but they are also safe and comfortable. Turkish Airlines operates thirty-five to forty flights from London alone, and this number fluctuates from season to season. From Manchester, there are twenty flights to Istanbul, and from Birmingham, ten Turkish Airlines flights are leaving for Istanbul each week. Finding one from these many options would not be complicated.
Aircraft with flight number TK 667 and TK 669 take passengers from Istanbul to Cameroon. TK 667 leaves for Douala every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday at 5:50 PM and reaches Cameroon at midnight. Flight number TK 699 takes off at 5:50 PM, every Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday. The duration of this portion of your travels is 7 hours.
What are the major international airports in Cameroon?
- Cameroon is a Central African country that is just a little larger than Sweden. The government of the country is planning to make tourism a vibrant industry. International airports throughout the country are being refurbished to aid travellers and tourists coming to the country.
- Douala International Airport (DLA), as the name suggests, serves the city and financial hub of Douala. This airport is not far from the coastline, and from the city centre, it is only 10 kilometres away. By taking the Autoroute de L’ Aviation and P14 highway, one can reach downtown Douala in 15 minutes by car. The airport was able to process about 1.5 million people last year and is growing capacity for more.
- Yaoundé Nsimalen International Airport (NSI) is located in the heart of the western plains of the country and serves the city of Yaoundé. Many international airlines, like Turkish Airways and Ethiopian Airways, have scheduled flights to the city. To reach the Carrefour VOGT (roundabout in the city centre) by car from the airport, one would have to take the N2 Highway and travel 22 kilometres. The airport was able to handle about 500,000 people last year.
- Garoua International Airport (GOU) is near the northern tip of the country. It is located near the city of Garoua and only has Comair-Co flights landing on its strip. It is not a major international airport, but if you want to visit the desert landscape of Cameroon, this airport would be a part of your travels. The airport is only 5 kilometres from the post office in the city centre.
What are the entry requirements to Cameroon for British travellers?
British nationals require a visa before they can enter the territory of Cameroon. Please contact the Cameroon High Commission in London to get a tourist visa to the country. Please note that the British government advises its citizens not to visit the southwestern border areas in Cameroon. Please keep your travel documents with you at all times, as there are roadblocks throughout the country with armed soldiers demanding identification paper (and a toll tax) from foreign travellers.
What is the best time to visit Cameroon?
The months between November and March are the best for a visit to Cameroon. Since the country is just north of the equator, the humidity in the coastal areas of Cameroon is not very pleasant in the rainy summer season. During the November to April months, not only does Cameroon have open skies, but the temperature also remains hospitable. The average temperature during these five months also remains between 25°C to 31°C. The humidity also comes down to an acceptable 30%, making your expedition a relaxed one.
Even though Cameroon has one of the wettest cities on earth near its coastal areas, there is a rise in the number of travellers coming to the country in May, June and July. Most of these travellers are Cameroonians returning home for the school summer break, so hotel and airlines may charge a little extra during the summers. Foreign tourists prefer coming to the country in November, which is also when the prices spike.
What are the transportation options available to tourists within Cameroon?
Regular direct flights are operated between the major cities of Cameroon. It is essential to know that cars are driven on the right side. There are still only limited stretches of road, but all the city centres are paved with tarred roads. In the South, there are scenic routes preferably enjoyed on rented cars with your loved ones. Railway network is also widely spread all around Cameroon. It is advised not to book a ticket unless you have enough time as trains move at a languid speed. Most people prefer commuting through Camrail trains because they are very cheap. Furthermore, taxis are plentiful in all the major cities of Cameroon. Settle the price before heading off to any destination to avoid any disagreement.
Flights and flight-inclusive holidays on this website are financially protected by the ATOL scheme. However some are not and at time of booking you confirm what protection is applicable. This website is a part of Moresand Ltd (registration no. 02114691) T/A Travelhouseuk registered in England and wales . Office , 10-11 Percy St, Fitzrovia, London W1T 1DN. All bookings protected under the ATOL scheme will receive an ATOL certificate. In cases where a part payment is made that flight booking is ATOL protected. In some cases a certificate does not indicate all the trip segments - this means the omitted parts are not ATOL protected). Please refer to our booking conditions for further information please visit www.atol.org.uk/ATOLCertificate