Cheap flights to Cameroon
Cheapest price to
(from London Heathrow)
fr £ 382.80
Recent searches for return flights to Cameroon
Which Airlines fly to Cameroon?
- Turkish Airlines
- Brussels Airline
- Kenya Airways
- Ethiopian Airlines
How long is the flight to Cameroon from the UK?
- Turkish-Airlines champions in providing the cheapest flights to Cameroon. It takes 15 to 17 hours to reach Cameroon Douala International from London Heathrow Airport. Istanbul is the stopover.
- Flights leaving from Manchester for Cameroon reach Douala in 16 hours. These flights have a single layover in Istanbul.
- The Birmingham to Cameroon journey can be 20 hours long with one to two stops in the middle; one in London (when applicable) and the second in Istanbul.
- From London Gatwick Airport it takes 17 hours to get to Cameroon’s Douala Airport. There is one stopover in the flight at Istanbul or Kigali (when travelling with RwandAir)
- From London Heathrow, it takes 15 hours to get to Cameroon’s capital city Yaounde via Istanbul.
Are there any direct flights to Cameroon from the UK?
No, there are no direct flights available from any UK airport to any destination in Cameroon. Travellers going to Cameroon prefer purchasing a Turkish Airlines ticket and reaching the country in about 15 to 17 hours. These flights have a small stopover in Istanbul before they continue towards Africa.
Cheap Flights to Cameroon with Turkish Airlines
Turkish Airlines offer the most flights from different UK airports to Cameroon. Not only are these flights the most affordable, but they are also safe and comfortable. Turkish Airlines operates thirty-five to forty flights from London alone, and this number fluctuates from season to season. From Manchester, there are twenty flights to Istanbul, and from Birmingham, ten Turkish Airlines flights are leaving for Istanbul each week. Finding one from these many options would not be complicated.
Aircraft with flight number TK 667 and TK 669 take passengers from Istanbul to Cameroon. TK 667 leaves for Douala every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday at 5:50 PM and reaches Cameroon at midnight. Flight number TK 699 takes off at 5:50 PM, every Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday. The duration of this portion of your travels is 7 hours.
What is the cheapest time of year to fly to Cameroon?
The cheapest time to come to Cameroon is from February to March. During this time the tourists visiting Cameroon over the Christmas holidays have all but left. The empty hotel rooms and vacant seats on aeroplanes provoke businesses to cheapen the rates and offer deals for more customers. Since the humidity has still to rise and the rainy cloudy have yet to come to the country, the February to March window is an excellent time to find a cheaper flight to Cameroon. The average temperature is around 27°C during this time and a minimal chance of rain.
What are the major international airports in Cameroon?
- Cameroon is a Central African country that is just a little larger than Sweden. The government of the country is planning to make tourism a vibrant industry. International airports throughout the country are being refurbished to aid travellers and tourists coming to the country.
- Douala International Airport (DLA), as the name suggests, serves the city and financial hub of Douala. This airport is not far from the coastline, and from the city centre, it is only 10 kilometres away. By taking the Autoroute de L’ Aviation and P14 highway, one can reach downtown Douala in 15 minutes by car. The airport was able to process about 1.5 million people last year and is growing capacity for more.
- Yaoundé Nsimalen International Airport (NSI) is located in the heart of the western plains of the country and serves the city of Yaoundé. Many international airlines, like Turkish Airways and Ethiopian Airways, have scheduled flights to the city. To reach the Carrefour VOGT (roundabout in the city centre) by car from the airport, one would have to take the N2 Highway and travel 22 kilometres. The airport was able to handle about 500,000 people last year.
- Garoua International Airport (GOU) is near the northern tip of the country. It is located near the city of Garoua and only has Comair-Co flights landing on its strip. It is not a major international airport, but if you want to visit the desert landscape of Cameroon, this airport would be a part of your travels. The airport is only 5 kilometres from the post office in the city centre.
What are the entry requirements to Cameroon for British travellers?
British nationals require a visa before they can enter the territory of Cameroon. Please contact the Cameroon High Commission in London to get a tourist visa to the country. Please note that the British government advises its citizens not to visit the southwestern border areas in Cameroon. Please keep your travel documents with you at all times, as there are roadblocks throughout the country with armed soldiers demanding identification paper (and a toll tax) from foreign travellers.
What is the best time to visit Cameroon?
The months between November and March are the best for a visit to Cameroon. Since the country is just north of the equator, the humidity in the coastal areas of Cameroon is not very pleasant in the rainy summer season. During the November to April months, not only does Cameroon have open skies, but the temperature also remains hospitable. The average temperature during these five months also remains between 25°C to 31°C. The humidity also comes down to an acceptable 30%, making your expedition a relaxed one.
Even though Cameroon has one of the wettest cities on earth near its coastal areas, there is a rise in the number of travellers coming to the country in May, June and July. Most of these travellers are Cameroonians returning home for the school summer break, so hotel and airlines may charge a little extra during the summers. Foreign tourists prefer coming to the country in November, which is also when the prices spike.
What are the major landmarks in Cameroon?
Cameroon’s tourism development board portrays Cameroon as “Africa in Miniature”. Indeed, With deserts, savanna, beaches and virgin rainforests, Cameroon does encapsulate all that could be experienced in Africa. The nation’s natural wonders belittle human-made creations, and often tourists flock to these eco-miracles when visiting the country.
- Mount Cameroon is a volcano not far from the coast. The volcano is considered active but has not belched out lava in thousands of years. To be cautious, the government has drilled pipes into the crater’s lakebed so that the excess gases can escape harmlessly. The fertile soil around the mountain has allowed the greenery to explode across the landscape. Hikers and nature lovers are in love with Mount Cameroon’s majestic beauty. Every year, ‘Mount Cameroon Race of Hope’ invites runners from the world to jog up the mountain.
- Dja Faunal Reserve is a protected rainforest park that is the home to five endangered species. The virgin rainforest is surrounded by Dja River, which makes a natural boundary for the reservation. There are tours, led by seasoned guides, to the heart of the Dja Faunal Reserve. Undisturbed by human chaos, the reserve is a habitat for more than 320 different bird species. The African elephant, leopard and buffalos roam free through the forest. The Dja Faunal Reserve is also a part of the TRIDOM area, which is one of the last vibrant African rainforest reserves in the world.
- Lobe Falls is among the few places in the world where freshwater tosses right into the sea. These waterfalls are sacred to the local tribe and are used to purify the body of illnesses and evil spirits. The Batanga Kings used the waterfall as an enthronement podium and prayed for the blessing of their ancestors. The Lobe Falls is indeed a holy place, where the tourist can go and take a dip. It is the most beautiful natural landmark in Cameroon.
Which events and festivals are celebrated in Cameroon?
Dance and music are a part of Cameroonian culture. Dances are usually a way to pray and to thank the heavens for the blessings. Often, the dance parties are segregated between men and women, but the musical drums, stomps and rhythms are mutual. Most gatherings are in Douala and Yaoundé, but small troops of party-goers can be found elsewhere in the country. The African Music Market is a festival that has its nickname. Referred also as ‘Le Kolatier’, this festival brings many African musicians to Cameroon. Nyem Nyem Festival in July commemorates the resistance movement against the Germans colonial control and involves in war-dances in full regalia. Arts and culture are upfront and centre at the Ngondo Festival, which is celebrated in December and brings Cameroonian performers into the limelight.
What are the transportation options available to tourists within Cameroon?
Regular direct flights are operated between the major cities of Cameroon. It is essential to know that cars are driven on the right side. There are still only limited stretches of road, but all the city centres are paved with tarred roads. In the South, there are scenic routes preferably enjoyed on rented cars with your loved ones. Railway network is also widely spread all around Cameroon. It is advised not to book a ticket unless you have enough time as trains move at a languid speed. Most people prefer commuting through Camrail trains because they are very cheap. Furthermore, taxis are plentiful in all the major cities of Cameroon. Settle the price before heading off to any destination to avoid any disagreement.
Which five-star hotels and accommodation are available for stay in Cameroon?
Cameroon has a wide variety of hotels and accommodation services. However, only cities like Bamenda, Douala, Garoua, Maroua and Yaounde are approaching international standards. Depending upon your budget, needs and requirements, you can always make bookings well in advance, particularly if you are travelling in the peak season. Otherwise, economical hotels, compartments and lodging rooms are still available at cheaper rates at any given time the year. Following are the most searched hotels which are usually the first choice of travellers for the most relaxing stay.
- El Panaden Hotel
- Star Land Hotel
- Ibis Douala
- Pullman Douala Rabingha
- Hotel Prince de Galles
- Noubou international Hotel
- Hotel Palace Bano
- The flight time to Cameroon from United Kingdom is 7.4 hours to be the lowest.
- The distance to Cameroon from UK by air is around 4232 miles.
- Airlines that travellers mostly select to fly to Cameroon from Uk are Turkish Airlines, Air France, Ethiopian Airlines, Royal Air Maroc, Lufthansa Airlines and Brussels Airlines.
- Currently there is no airline operating direct flights to Cameroon from UK.
- Fly to Cameroon from London Heathrow and Gatwick with Turkish Airlines.
- Cameroon flights with Turkish Airlines take off From London Airports in the morning.
- There are three flights daily to Cameroon with Turkish Airlines, one from London Gatwick and two from London Heathrow.
- There is currently no time difference between Cameroon and United Kingdom.
- The two main airports in Cameroon are Douala International Airport and Yaounde Nsimalen International Airport.
- Each week more than 450 international flight departures are seen at Douala International Airport and almost 100 flight departures at Yaounde Nsimalen International Airport in Cameroon.
- You can select to fly to Cameroon from all major UK airports.