Want a tourist’s dreamful itinerary with cheap flights to Conakry? Characterized with beaches, architecture, history and natural views, don’t miss out on the beaches of Kassa and Roume Islands. The structural design of the cathedral built in 1930, the caves of Kakimbon in the suburbs and monuments are a feast for the explorers.
With more than 200 international Conakry flights leaving every week, the city has multitude of airline options to choose from for your flight. More than a dozen airliners offer Low cost flight tickets to Conakry including KLM, Air France, Turkish airlines, SN Brussels, Ethiopian and Royal Air Maroc.
Recent searches for return flights to Conakry 2020/2021
Which airlines operate flights to Conakry from UK?
- Royal Air Maroc
- Ethiopian Airlines
- Air France
- British Airways
- TAP Air Portugal
How long it take to fly to Conakry?
- The flight from London Heathrow to Conakry Airport takes 8 to 11 hours and comes with a stopover.
- Manchester to Conakry flight duration is 12 to 15 hours, depending on the airline used. This flight comes with one stopover.
- The flight duration of the journey from Birmingham to Conakry is 11 to 15 hours, depending on the airline chosen to fly with. This flight has one stopover.
- Passengers flying out of London Gatwick Airport, usually reach the Conakry Airport in about 12 to 15 hours after switching an aeroplane.
Which airline flies direct from UK to Conakry?
Unfortunately, there are no direct flights to Conakry from any airport in the United Kingdom. The preferred flight to Conakry from the UK is via Casablanca, flying with Royal Air Maroc Airlines.
What is the best time to visit Conakry?
The ideal time to visit the Conakry is from November to April. During these months Conakry has mild temperatures and the sky remains clear throughout this season. The humidity is lessened by the breeze and breathing is easier and more refreshing, especially by the seaside. The ocean waves are also a lot calmer; it is a good time to go for a swim and going snorkelling. During this period there are many festivals in Conakry that the tourist can participate and have a more culturally rich experience.
What is the cheapest time to fly to Conakry?
The cheapest time to visit Conakry is at the peak of the rainy season, which is in August. The rains can be a bit intense but Conakry can be very engaging even through the wet season. The temperatures fall sharply during this month and as the city is near the equator, it is a relief for the locals. All you need is an umbrella to move about the city during the rainy August and at the same time, you can enjoy the cheaper prices of the restaurants and hotel accommodations. Many different airlines also tend to lower the airfares during this month.
Is there a major international airport in Conakry?
Conakry International Airport (CKY) has been serving Conakry city since 1945. Conakry is the capital city of the Republic of Guinea. The Guinean government spent €85 million to upgrade the airport in 2010. Due to these improvements, it was able to handle 500,000 passengers in 2017. The runway of the airport is right on the coast of the port city and the airport is only 10 kilometres away from the city centre, which is a mere 25 minutes drive. The airport is open to the public so it is not uncommon to see people, especially students studying in the lights outside the airport at night.
What are the entry requirements to Conakry for British travellers?
A British passport holder needs to apply for a visa at the Embassy of the Republic of Guinea, before entering the country. The visa process is swift and most requests are approved in less than a week’s time. In order to travel to the country, a yellow fever vaccination is required. A certificate proving that the passenger has been vaccinated needs to be shown to the Guinean authorities upon landing.
What are the major landmarks in Conakry?
Conakry became a booming city when the British gave control of the Los Islands to France. These Islands are right off the coast of Guinea and provided a better shelter of the ships. The city originated from these islands and leapt onto the nearest Kaloum Peninsula. Conakry grew quickly, feeding on the business and trade that came to the port. The city is an important African trading centre that exports thousands of tons of Bauxite to the rest of the world from Guinea.
- The Grand Mosque of Conakry is the largest Mosque in Guinea. It is also the largest mosque in Sub-Saharan Africa and the fourth largest mosque in Africa. The mosque was built with the funds and donations from King Fahd of Saudi Arabia in 1982. This mosque has a total capacity of 12,000 worshippers. The courtyard of the Great Mosque contains a mausoleum of national heroes. Admire the architecture of the building and pay respects at the endeared Mosque of Conakry.
- The Sandervalia National Museum of Art is the public museum of Guinea. There are more than twenty-four ethnic groups in the country and each one has its own unique art style. The country went through a totalitarian regime in the 70’s that seized all religious artworks from the people, some of which are displayed here. The museum is also an art studio and it has been used by local artists and craftsmen as a meeting place to discuss emerging African designs and artistries.
- The St. Mary's Cathedral at Conakry is a beautifully designed church. It is the primary place of worship for the Archdiocese of Conakry and was built in 1930 by Monseigneur Raymond René Lérouge. The impressive architecture of the red and yellow building provides a peaceful shelter for the Christian minority of the country and reminds the people of a time when Guinea was under European influence.
What are the transportation options available to tourists within Conakry?
The leading mode of transportation in Conakry is ‘Shared Taxis’. ‘Shared Taxis’ function a lot like buses but they move only to the next stop once they are at full capacity. Additionally, minibuses zoom through the city as well. Minibuses are popular amongst the masses of Conakry because they have somewhat a fixed time of schedule. The rail line connects the city of Conakry with the peripheral area and the wider country beyond.
Which five-star hotels and accommodation are available for stay in Conakry?
There are many five star hotels in Conakry. Please choose one of the hotels below.
- Palm Camayenne Hotel Conakry
- Noom Hotel Conakry
- Sheraton Grande Conakry
- Mai Hotel
- Riviera Royal Hotel