Cheap flights to Blantyre
Recent searches for return flights to Blantyre
Blantyre—a commercial centre and capital of southern region is a great relaxing getaway on way back of your Malawi trip. If you are thinking to bind your tour with some exciting expedition and still are curious what this city of expat community offers you for a nice trip-ending, than let it expose itself. Vast stretched beautiful landscape is the tremendous realization of how your excursion earned you a majestic scenic beauty. You would be surely be amazed by the enthralling night fall with plenty of restaurants and pubs at every short distance. Your recreation wouldn’t be limited to attractions but a lot more yet to explore on your crossing. So initiate a desk search for availing the cheapest flight to Malawi’s most exotic Blantyre on your upcoming vacation.
While you are hunting for the most suitable itinerary plan for Blantyre; Kenya Airways and Ethiopian Airlines are the best suited for one stop flights to Blantyre from the major airports of United Kingdom. Keeping in consideration, there are no direct flight services from the United Kingdom and mainly air traffic is operated between London Heathrow and Chileka International Airport also known as BLZ. Moreover, you can fix your itinerary in low cost with Ethiopian Airlines. The reputed airline is also preferred for booking cheapest Business Class flights as well.
- London Heathrow (LHR) to Blantyre (BLZ) with Ethiopian airlines
- London Heathrow (LHR) to Blantyre - BLZ via Jomo Kenyatta International Airport with Kenya airways
- London Heathrow (LHR) to Chileka International Airport (BLZ) with Ethiopian Airlines: 16 hours 40 minutes.
- London Heathrow (LHR) to Chileka International Airport (BLZ) with Kenya Airways: 18 hours 35 minutes.
- Savour the delight of most comfortable itineraries with Ethiopian Airlines with munificent free baggage allowance. Ethiopian Airlines permits 2 pieces weighing 23 kg each in Economy Class and 3 pieces of 23 kg each in Cloud Nine.
- With Kenya Airways, Economy Class travellers may carry up to 2 bags of 23 kg each and Business Class travellers have a luxury to take 2 bags of 32 kg each.
In accordance with their operational capacity, Ethiopian Airlines and Kenya Airways both proficiently manage to operate 7 flights in a week for the round trip between the United Kingdom and Blantyre.
On the top of every option, we recommend you to commute within a city using taxis. It can be a bit expensive than rest of the options but comfort and convenience is guaranteed. Primarily, taxis are always a better choice than to get you n trouble of catching local buses. But make sure to get in one after having considerable negotiations over fares. And, keep it in your notice; all taxis are hailed from Mount Soche Hotel side.
Moreover, you can get around Blantyre either by using minibus or on foot provided you are a budget traveller. If you tend to make travelling yet more interesting, hire a bicycle.
Weather-wise the best time to visit Blantyre would be the winter season during the months of May to October. Also, this dry and cold season is an ideal time for hiking and game viewing.Off Peak Season:
Blantyre weather is influenced by rainy summers. Usually it is not considered the suitable time to explore the city. You may experience temperature up to 30 degrees and unpredictable downpours.
With the recent progress in the tourism industry of Blantyre, it has made top notch accommodation places available for the visitors in the vicinity of city centre. Other than that, different lodging options are also at hand within the reasonable budget, cosy environment, fully furnished and other up to date facilities. Furthermore, if you want to keep your wallet unscathed, lodges with basic amenities are available at some distance from the city centre in very low rates provided you make an advance booking.
- Protea Hotel Ryalls.
- Fisherman's Rest.
- Huntingdon House Lodges.
- Kabula Hill Lodge.
Handy Tips you should know before travelling to Blantyre!
For buying local artefacts and crafted ornaments ‘African Habitat’
,and ‘Central Africana gallery’ are inviting places to have something from.
Whether you’d like to sit at granite-topped bar to relish the best wine in town
,or savour on signature dish '21 spare ribs dipped in bourbon sauce', 21 Grill on Hanover gives you an ultimate chance of hedonism.
- Wilderness Safaris operates its office to conduct exotic safaris for Liwonde National Park. Consult them at Protea Hotel Ryalls and be the part of this enthralling activity.
- Blantyre Sports Club is a picnic spot for spending a lovely evening with your family. Also, there are tennis and squash courts, a gym and a pool to make your time yet more exciting.