Cheap flights to Port Elizabeth land you straight at the most iconic pillar of the country’s Eastern Cape. The earliest town of British settlers in this continent has now grown to become the most prominent urban hub in the country. Its refreshing tropical ambience has earned it titles like ‘The Windy City’, while it serves as a prime landmark for whale-watching of large species. More than 500 low-cost Port Elizabeth flights land at PLZAirport every week, with SAA among the plenty airlines operating at the facility. Book your cheap flight tickets to Port Elizabeth with Travelhouseuk for both economy class and business class seats from all major airports of the UK.
Recent searches for return flights to Port Elizabeth 2020/2021
Which airlines operate flights to Port Elizabeth from London?
- British Airways (BA): The popular airline for Port Elizabeth flights is British Airways. It operates daily flights from London (LHR) to Port Elizabeth (PLZ) via Johannesburg.
- South African Airways (SAA): South African Airways also fly from Heathrow to Port Elizabeth daily via JNB.
- Qatar Airways (QR): Departing from Heathrow, Qatar Airways two-stop flights (DOH and JNB respectively) to Port Elizabeth are operated daily.
Are there any direct flights to Port Elizabeth from the UK?
No, presently, there are no non-stop flights between the UK and Port Elizabeth. Connecting flights are available from all major UK cities with airlines like British Airways, Emirates and Qatar Airways.
How long is the flight to Port Elizabeth from UK?
- A Manchester to Port Elizabeth flight takes around17hours approximately, which is the minimum time duration.
- The shortest flight itinerary from Birmingham to Port Elizabeth is 16 hours 40 minutes long, with two layovers.
- Edinburgh to Port Elizabeth takes around 18 hours via London Heathrow and Johannesburg.
- The shortest available flight from Belfast to Port Elizabeth takes 16 hours 50 minutes and is operated by British Airways.
- Aberdeen to Port Elizabeth takes a minimum of 17 hours 15 minutes with two stopovers.
- Flight durations may change depending on layover duration, delays, and times.
What is the time duration for London to Port Elizabeth flights?
- London and Port Elizabeth are almost 9000 miles apart.
- London Heathrow to Port Elizabeth with BA takes around 14 hours, with one stopover via Cape Town.
- A flight from Gatwick takes a minimum of 19 hours with two to three stops.
- London City to Port Elizabeth takes a minimum of 16 hours.
- Departures are available from London City and London Stansted airports as well.
How much does a round trip ticket from London to Port Elizabeth cost?
Multiple airlines collaborate flights to Port Elizabeth to provide the best round-trip fares. As of March 2020, a return ticket from London Heathrow is available at around 600 pounds. Airfares are ever-fluctuating, so it is better to be vigilant, particularly when looking to book with a specific airline.
What are the most popular stopovers on a flight to Port Elizabeth?
The most popular stopover on a flight to Port Elizabeth, from the UK is Johannesburg and Cape Town in South Africa. Flights will touch down at any major international airport within the same country, and make the shortest flight connections. All flights from the UK other than London departures, stop at Heathrow first and then continue to Port Elizabeth. Stopover times may vary from one hour to one day, depending upon airline and itinerary.
What is the cheapest time to get flights to Port Elizabeth from the UK?
Although you can visit all year-round, booking during the off-season or winter months is likely to get you cheaper deals on fares. There is a noticeable drop in prices during the shift of the first and 2nd quarter of the year. Be on the lookout for last-minute deals if you already have plans to travel.
Cheap flights to Port Elizabeth with British Airways:
British Airways operates flight to Port Elizabeth via Johannesburg daily. The flight time to Port Elizabeth is 14 hours approximately on a one-stop service from Heathrow. There are three classes available on these flights, including Economy, Premium Economy, and Business Class. Economy Class flight ticket for Port Elizabeth (PLZ) is starting from 363 GBP for the low season. To secure the cheapest flights, we advise booking your trip at least six to eight weeks before your departure.
BA also offers a flexible change policy to help you change or even cancel your trip if needed. Please acquire the recent information from our travel experts at Travelhouseuk.
Which airline offers the best Business Class flight to Port Elizabeth?
If you’re looking for a cheap Business Class flight from London to Port Elizabeth, then look no more. Travelhouseuk provides the best deals airlines can offer, so that you too, can arrive in style to your destination.
Usually expensive and unaffordable, Business Class flight Sales are limited. It is better to grab the opportunity while you can. Especially when travelling with airlines like Emirates, British Airways, and Qatar, you can avail their top-notch service with upgraded amenities. As of March 2020, Business Class flights from LHR to Port Elizabeth can be obtained for 2200 to 3000 pounds, depending on departure date and times.
Which is the international airport serving Port Elizabeth?
The international airport that caters to the city of Port Elizabeth is named after it, that is, the Port Elizabeth International Airport. The Airport was extended and renovated in 2010, in preparation for the South African FIFA World Cup. It is situated only two miles away from the city’s business centre, therefore earning the title “ten-minute airport”.Several shuttle bus services and rental cars are available for passengers, to and from the airport.
What are the entry requirements to Port Elizabeth for British travellers?
If the globetrotter has a UK passport, then there is no need to obtain a visa to tour South Africa. South Africa welcomes British tourists for 90 days without a need for a visa permit. The British government prescribes the visitors to vaccinate themselves against yellow fever, just in case.
What is the best time to visit Port Elizabeth?
The best time to visit Port Elizabeth is from October to March if it is the sunshine you seek. The winter hits Port Elizabeth in June and July but even then, the average temperatures are around 20 degrees Celsius. Summers in December is pleasant and the sun is positively inviting.
What are the major landmarks in Port Elizabeth?
If Port Elizabethans were sea-worshippers, then their temples would be the beaches. Wells Estate Beach, Humewood Beach and Kings Beach are just a few. Visit these temples of nature that are both well-kept and the safest in the city.
The Addo Elephant National Park was established in 1931 to protect the last eleven African Elephants in South Africa. Today these mighty beasts are more than 600 in number. Apart from the elephants, there are lions, black rhinos and zebras crisscross the savanna.
Port Elizabeth protects not only its animals but also its flowers. The Van Stadens Wildflower Reserve is where the exotic flowers are ‘kept’. Many blossoms bedazzle the flower house in every season. The Reserve is at a good hike up a well-maintained pathway which is a delight.
How to get around Port Elizabeth?
- Rental cars and Uber are available from the airport to anywhere in the city.
- Regular minibuses and taxis are also readily available; prices are subject to change according to distance.
- You can walk around the city on foot too.
- It is possible to catch trains from the station near the harbour to other cities.
- You can also order a transport service from the airport or airline you are flying with, to all parts of the city.
Which five-star hotels and accommodation are available for stay in Port Elizabeth?
Port Elizabeth has several five-star accommodations. Thanks to South Africa’s booming tourism industry, many luxury hotels have been established throughout the city.
- The Boardwalk Hotel
- Isango Gate Boutique Hotel and Spa
- No. 5 by Mantis
- Lemon Tree Lane
- Hacklewood Hill Country House
- Hitgeheim Country Lodge
- First Car and CABS Car hire are authentic car hire agencies in the city.
- Get yourself a long weekend to relish on beaches and lush golf courses.
- To enjoy a thrilling game drive, award-winning luxury Shamwari Game Reserve is the perfect destination to spend a whole day with your family.
- Let yourself loose at the expense of waves at Jeffreys Bay.
- Greenacres Shopping Centre is a dazzling place to feel the lively vibe over the weekend. The only notion that works here is: Eat, Shop and be lively!
- Port Elizabeth’s Suburbs offers you some exciting trails, if you are an adventurous traveller in quest of exploration. You will feel an out-of-the-world sensation once you get yourself dwell in the indigenous forests, desolate valleys and nature reserves.