020 3137 2316
Cheap flights to East London
Recent searches for return flights to East London
Airlines that operate flights to East London from UK
- Tap Portugal
- Iberia Air
- British Airways
What are the popular stopovers on flights to East London from UK?
The most popular stopovers on flights to East London from UK are Johannesburg and Cape Town. Mostly British travellers prefer to take flights to Johannesburg and then, commute by road within the cities of South Africa.
What are the main international airports in East London?
The major international airport that serves East London shares the city’s name that is the East London International Airport (ELS). The airport is a modest but bustling hub for travellers coming to the Eastern Cape. The Airport serves 700,000 passengers yearly.
what is an estimated flight time from uk to east london?
An estimated Flight time from UK to East London is 14 hours 50 minutes. Other alternatives may allow you to add up to two stopovers which will eventually cause increased flight duration.
How Far Is The East London Airport From City Centre?
East London Airport is serving the East London City flights. The distance from East London Airport to East London city centre is 4.31 miles (6.94 km).
“Little Red Bus” is safe and reliable transport you can get from the airport to reach any address. You can pre-book it to be facilitated without any hassle at your arrival time.
how to get around the city in East London ?
Taxis are most suggested and cost-effective mode of getting around East London. You can book them beforehand. Renting a car is yet another option, always recommended second to taxis when in East London.
what is the ideal time to visit east london?
East London offers balmy weather around the year. But sunny summer season (December to February) is best for beach holidays.March to September also offers moderate temperature and precipitation is also at its minimum. Fares are usually at its peak during the high season, so we advise advance bookings to be able to enjoy holidays without any budget constraints.
What are the entry requirements to East London for British travellers?
If the globetrotter has a UK passport then there is no need to obtain a visa to tour South Africa. South Africa welcomes British tourists for a period of 90 days without a need for a visa. The British government prescribes the visitors to vaccinate themselves against yellow fever, just in case.
why visit east london?
East London, Buffalo city for the locals and the only river port in the country is the doorway to the Sunshine coast from the south and Wild coast from the north. Its flamboyant shores keep warming the waters of Indian Ocean, thus appealing the tourists with intriguing charm and subtropical climate. History traced back to the footprints of 20,000 years old human Nahoon, makes this Cape City somewhat more charismatic for South American and the international tourists alike.
You are suppose to be greeted by locals with traditional food and locally brewed beer and may be some local dance. This cordiality will surely beseech you to come here again.
While pulling the string of your tourist zeal, explore the attraction of this city.
East London Museum, Your visit to the East London Museum will definitely be an unusual experience as the museum itself is—with its unique display.
East London Beaches, Between Buffalo River and the Nahoon River a trail of three lovely sandy beaches awaits you to roll and stroll here with your near and dear ones. Orient Beach, Eastern Beach, and the Nahoon beach nonetheless serve a heaven amid this blasé city. From pooling to paddling, camping to surfing, you can amuse yourself in multiple ways at the offshore reef here.
East London Golf Club, Will you miss the great game ever played in the Top-rated East London Golf Course? Certainly not!
The East London Aquarium—a home of marine creaturesis treat to sight, indeed. This may be the only aquarium which allows you to catch the spectacular view of whales basking at the bay.
Enjoy mild to wild experience in this relaxed city!
What are the major landmarks for history-buffs in East London?
East London is a small town at the mouth of the Buffalo River. In the early ninth century, East London was an important port, shipping ferries with goods inland. There were many landmarks built during that time period.
- Fort Glamorgan was a fort built to protect the city in 1848. The site is well maintained and still contains a functioning hospital and a cookhouse. The Fort’s penitentiary is still part of the South African prison system and special permission is required to visit that half of the fort.
- The Old East London wool exchange is a relic of the past. The building was used to auction off the produce of the thriving wool industry that developed in and around East London at the beginning of the twentieth century. The exchange is now part of the Rhodes University and is open for tours.
- The Equestrian Statue that is standing at the intersection of St Georges and Oxford Street. This statue is a tribute to the fallen soldiers in the Anglo-Boer war in 1908. Tourists usually pay their respects at the memorial.
Which events and festivals are celebrated in East London?
East Londoners are known for their love for music, beer and the sea. While East London does celebrate Easter, Christmas and the New Year in a true South African fashion, the true colours of East London come out at the Port Festival at the end of June. Join the South Africans drinking the nectars of their ‘beer garden’ at this festival. The festival invites the South African Navy to show its might and the locals attempt to rival it by making their versions of ‘build a boat’. The dance parties start quickly at the festival.
where to stay in east london?
If you are looking for a nice place within your budget, ‘The Thatch’ is a fine yet an inexpensive guesthouse to lodge in. Overlooking the Indian Ocean this place is a good accommodation in the backdrop of scenic beauty. Also, you can check the Hemingways Casino Hotel for comfy and luxury lodging. There are only a few five star hotels in East London that offers an exceptional value for your money.
- Inkwenkwezi Private Game Reserve Safari Lodge
- Selborne Bed and Breakfast
- Premier Hotel Regent
- Areena Riverside Resort
- Articles that must be included in your packing are; walking shoes, Beach gear, and of course binoculars for whale watching.
- Don’t forget to have a township visit; you’ll surely enjoy the traditional food amid cultural ambience.
- At local restaurants order Fresh fish to have a real sea food taste.
- Give your taste buds a new sensation of best curries in town at ‘Irana Indian Restaurant.’
- Top-notch Hemingways Mall Featured with Amphitheatre (showcasing ostentatious fashion shows)and with some 200 shopping stores invites you deliberately. It will certainly be an injustice if you miss this unlimited amusement in the heart of East London.
- Ecstasy of dare-devils, Nirvana of photographers, and heaven of surfers ‘Eastern Beach ‘ with all its lures is soliciting to add its visit in your tour plan.
- Be notified about our exclusive discounted deals
- Get promo codes to avail big discounts on your bookings
- Earn up-to 1,000 rewards points