Cheap flights to George
Recent searches for return flights to George
George --"The Gateway to the Garden Route"endorses a rich historical legacy, which is reflected through its many attractions and edifices. Its location beneath Outeniqua Mountains makes it a desirable place to spend holidays while immersing in natural scenery of surrounded forests and remarkable water bodies. With all these bounties also including world-class golf courses and coasts, George provides endless outdoor pursuits to its tourists.
Explore this South African destination if you are still curious:
- Get acquainted to the roots of George at George museum—documents town’s past at its best.
- Famous as ‘Western Cape’s golf capital,’ George invites you for its biggest drawcard— picturesque Gold courses.
- You’ll explore stunning yet calm beaches along the coastal line in George, most beautiful are: Victoria bay, and Herold’s Bay-- absolutely surfer’s paradise.
- Will you miss the lovely walk with dear one on TheGarden Route Botanical gardens-- only indigenous botanical gardens in South Africa?
- Experience warm African hospitality at KhulaniXhosa Village and feel the cultural rhythm of Africa.
George Airport is located at 10km from the George Town centre. But this airport only serves domestic flights. For International flight to/from George airport you’ll have to fly via Cape Town or Johannesburg.
Cape Town International Airport and O. R. Tambo International Airport, Johannesburg, are the airports that deal with international flights to George.
South African Airways and Etihad Airways precede flights to George from Cape Town and Johannesburg.
To reach from airport to town centre you can hire a car. Recognised car rental companies in town are: George Airport car hire and CABS Car hire.
Preferred option is hire a car when in George. Authorisedcar hire branch in town is: Downtown George car hire. Self drive is also recommended. York Street is the main pathway.
George undergoes mild and oceanic climate with moderate temperature throughout the year. Your visit between May to November would bless you with whales’ vista along the coast.
Since George airport doesn’t serve international flights, you can fly to George either by Cape Town or Johannesburg.
Estimated flight time from UK to O. R. Tambo International Airport,Johannesburg is 11 hours 6 minutes. The flight time from Johannesburg, George, South Africa is: 1 hour, 46 minutes.
Whereas, direct flights from London to Cape Town International Airport take 11 hours 35 minutes.
The flight time from Cape Town International airport to George Airport is 1 hour 3 minutes.
You’ll find a lot of affordable tourist accommodation at Victoria Bay, east of George. For luxury lodging Protea Hotel King George is the best choice—this five star hotel offers you stylish rooms, superb restaurant and an awesome panorama of George Golf course.
- Go through a historic ride visiting The Outeniqua Railway Museum.
- A ride to the beautiful Outeniqua Mountains is recommended to those who love to venture and explore the hidden natural beauty.
- Spring is an ideal time to visit George enfolding two striking events in town: Outeniqua Hop Strawberry Festival in September and the Fynbos Festival in October.
- La Locanda restaurant in George is a real gem if you want to be served with real Italian taste.
- Located near George airport The Garden Route Mall is a vibrant shopping centre for one-stop shopping experience.