Cheap flights to George will land you at the air-route gateway to the iconic ‘Garden Route’ of South Africa. George serves as the main urban establishment linking a string of small towns and villages alone the southern cape borders to this side of the South African coast. Primarily based on a flat plateau between the Indian Ocean and the Outeniqua Mountains, George is apparently made out from a picture postcard library. Its neighbouring forests host diverse and massive birdlife, and also contribute to a historically booming timber industry. All George flights and aviation is based upon its own George Airport, whose operations are completely domestic relying upon 4 airlines to connect to 3 cities in South Africa, nonstop. TravelhouseUK proposes South African Airways as well as Etihad Airways for booking all cheap flight tickets to George this season.
Recent searches for return flights to George 2021/2022
Which airlines operate flights to George from UK?
- Virgin Atlantic
- Air France
- South African Airways
- British Airways
How long is the flight to George from UK?
- The air journey from London Heathrow to George has one to two stopovers on the way. The entire trip takes 19 to 20 hours to complete.
- The flight to George from Manchester takes 19 to 21 hours and two layovers before they reach the destination. The stopovers are at Amsterdam and Johannesburg.
- The Birmingham George flights also come with two stopovers. Depending on the airline you choose to fly with, the duration of these flights range from 18 to 21 hours. The flight stops over at Amsterdam and Johannesburg as well.
- Most flights out of London Gatwick Airport to George have lengthy stopovers. These flights have a duration of more than 30 hours and have stopovers in Dubai and Cape Town.
Are there any direct flights to George from UK?
No, at this time there are no direct flights to George from any airport in the United Kingdom. The preferred route to the UK is to take a Virgin Atlantic flight to George from London and arrive at the destination in 19 hours with a stopover on the way.
What is the cheapest time of year to fly to George?
The cheapest month to come to George is in November. The weather is toasty and balmy, and the hotel rooms are cheaply available. Most travellers are waiting to go to George late in December for the Christmas vacation, so there is a slight dip on the graph showing the number of people coming to the city over the year, around in November. Coming to George around that time will not only get you a cheap trip with accommodations and airfares but also the best weather conditions. The wind picks up a bit in November, so around evening time a windbreaker would be essential for a walk around the city.
What are the major international airports in George?
The primary international airport serving George is named after the city. George Airport (GRJ) is only 10 kilometres away from the city’s centre. The airport has been consistently winning awards for the best airport in South Africa that serves less than two million passengers each year. Last year the airport handled 750,000 passengers moving through the gates and into the aeroplanes at the airport.
What is the best time to visit George?
South Africa is in the southern hemisphere, which means that the winters arrive in June and you can have a sunny Christmas in December. The best time to visit George is anytime between March and December. Even though there is a bit of a chill in the air in June and July, it is the busiest time of the year. However, if you would like warmer weather then try to reach George in the shoulder months, that is, from March to May or from October to December. The temperature hovers between 16°C to 26°C in the shoulder months, warm enough for exploring a fantastic city at the southern edge of Africa.
What are the major landmarks in George?
George is close to nature and invites all those coming to the city to enjoy the slow-paced life. The landmarks of the town are harmonised with the same nature-loving theme.
- The Redberry Farm is a famous place for some good clean fun. The farm is the largest hedge maze in the southern half of the world. With strawberries and other fruits growing in the farm, the facility provides the tourist with the rare opportunity to pick the fruit with their own hands and enjoy it there and then. At the barn near the edge of the farm, you can drink mint tea that is grown on the farm and have some coffee and the kids practice paddling go-carts and spin a bubble ball under their feet. The farm is the ultimate family relaxation destination.
- Outeniqua Transport Museum is where George city keeps all its old cars buses, trains and locomotives. The collection of train engines ranges from those manufactured in the 1880s to the late 1960s. The exhibit also contains fire engines and trucks from a bygone era; each vehicle launches the viewer in a sea of memories. A fan favourite is the 1929 Thorneycroft lorry that sports a hand crank to start the engine.
- The Garden Route Botanical Gardens is for all those who love nature. The gardens are an ideal place to be for bird watching: Kingfishers, darters and even raptor fly over the reserve. The adjacent forest has a few streams that splash and burbles along the entire stretch of the park. The Garden Route focuses on preserving the local ecology of the region and manicures plantations of indigenous plants and trees to Southern Cape.
What are the transportation options available to tourists within George?
The best way to go about George is to hire a car. There are plenty of rent-a-car companies in George especially near the airport from where you can lease a vehicle of your choice. Unfortunately, George does not have any rapid transit networks or even a substantial bus network. The taxis are few and a bit more expensive if you are a tourist and need to move around to explore the city. Having a car at your disposal can give you the ease to travel whenever you feel like in any direction you want to go. Just do not forget to bring along your driving license.
Which five-star hotels and accommodation are available for stay in George?
George is slow and comfortable, not flashy and luxurious. Still, there are many five star hotels that the tourists can reside in during their stay. Please choose one of the hotels listed below.
- Farm & Fellow Guest House & Restaurant
- The Manor House
- Thebloem Guest Suites
- Cinnamon Boutique Guest House
- Go through a historic ride visiting The Outeniqua Railway Museum.
- A ride to the beautiful Outeniqua Mountains is recommended to those who love to venture and explore the hidden natural beauty.
- Spring is an ideal time to visit George enfolding two striking events in town: Outeniqua Hop Strawberry Festival in September and the Fynbos Festival in October.
- La Locanda restaurant in George is a real gem if you want to be served with real Italian taste.
- Located near George airport The Garden Route Mall is a vibrant shopping centre for one-stop shopping experience.