Cheap flights to Bloemfontein
Cheapest price to
(from London Heathrow)
fr £ 685.92
Which Airlines Operate Flights To Bloemfontein from UK?
- British Airways
- Kenya Airways
- South African Airways
- Turkish Airlines
- Qatar Airways
How long is the flight to Bloemfontein from UK?
- Depending on the airline you chose to fly with, the connecting flight from London to Bloemfontein arrives at the South African city in about 14 to 17 hours. The stopover of this flight can either be in Johannesburg or Nairobi.
- The air-trip to Bloemfontein from Manchester is 15 to 17 hours long. This flight may take a stopover at Johannesburg and Dubai.
- Flights beginning their journey at Birmingham’s BHX and going to Bloemfontein take 17 to 18 hours to reach their destination. The aeroplane might stopover at Amsterdam or Dubai.
- The trip from London Gatwick to Bloemfontein can be a bit longer as flight duration ranges from 19 to 20 hours. The flight stops over at Doha or Istanbul.
Are there any direct flights to Bloemfontein from UK?
No, as for now, there are no direct flights to Bloemfontein from the United Kingdom. Passengers usually take a BA or a South African Airlines direct flight to Johannesburg and then a connecting domestic flight to Bloemfontein.
What is the cheapest time of year to fly to Bloemfontein?
The cheapest time to the year in Bloemfontein is in November. Traveller seems to head for their homes, waiting for the December holidays to arrive and do a bit of travelling then. It leaves November empty and available for all those who want to avail a chance of visiting Bloemfontein on the cheap. With emptying hotel rooms and aeroplanes, your airfare and accommodation become considerably affordable. Do not deviate from the golden rule: always book flight three to four months in advance to get an even cheap deal and roam through the streets of Bloemfontein without a hole in your pocket.
What are the major international airports in Bloemfontein?
Bram Fischer International Airport (BFN) serves the city of Bloemfontein. The airport was recently refurbished for the 2010 FIFA world cup. Bram Fischer International is located in the east of the town, approximately 12 kilometres from the Bloemfontein Tourist Centre in the middle of the city. This distance is covered in twenty minutes using a taxi. The airport is host to both international and domestic flights and processes four hundred thousand passengers each year.
What is the best time to visit Bloemfontein?
The ideal time to visit Bloemfontein comes in two phases during the years. The first phase is from March to April and the second one is from September to December. Bloemfontein is in South Africa, which is in the Southern Hemisphere. The seasons are reversed there; Junes are chilly, and Decembers come along with a whole lot of sunshine. So during the about mentioned times, the temperature is perfect for outdoor exploration of the area. Many festivals are happening all across the city during these months as well. However, June remains the busiest time of the year in Bloemfontein after December, perhaps because of the free time of the summer vacation. Book your flights and hotel rooms well in advance before coming to the city anytime from March to November to get a cheaper deal.
What are the major landmarks in Bloemfontein?
Bloemfontein is a Dutch word that means fountain of flowers. The city is covered with flowers, especially around October time. Bloemfontein is also one of the three capitals of South Africa – a peculiarity that is found only in a handful of nations.
- The National Museum was built in 1875 as a place to house the rarities and spectacles from around the area and the world. Slowly the Museums’ collection began to grow, and now the displays contain a wide variety of natural history and human artefacts. The Museum has thirteen research department of both Natural and Human Sciences, technical departments and Art Museum that specialises in South African artistry. Among the museum’s collections is the skull of an ancient human, along with fossil bones and caveman spears.
- One of the most popular tourist destinations in Bloemfontein is the Free State National Botanical Gardens. The Garden contains a variety of animals and plants, with 124 distinct species of birds and 54 types of reptiles. The true biodiversity can be realised if you come to the garden in spring when all the plants are flowering, and buds begin to sprout after the winter. The Botanical Gardens are only 15 kilometres away from the city centre.
- Oliewenhuis is a Neo-Dutch style mansion in Bloemfontein located at Grant’s Hill. It was designed by William Mollison and completed in 1941, and served as a residence for the Governor General of the Union of South Africa from 1942. The name is derived from the abundance of wild olive trees growing on the surrounding hills. A large section of the Museum comprises natural vegetation flanking the property. It is one of a kind museum in the Free State with one of the youngest art museums in the country.
Which events and festivals are celebrated in Bloemfontein?
The FNB Free State Wine Show comes to Bloemfontein in August at the prestigious Emoya Luxury Hotel & Spa in Groenvlei. Olives, olive products, wine accessories and artisanal products will also be available for sampling and purchasing at the show. The Bloemfontein Rose Festival presents what the 'City of Roses' is all about. The event happens every year in October at various venues in and around Bloemfontein. This year the Rose Festival is conducted in mid-October. Gardners-by-hobby are also invited to take part in competitions around Bloemfontein, which focuses on creating and developing abandoned gardens. The Macufe Festival is an initiative by the local government. The festival aims of showcasing the best local and international African artists across various disciplines. The much-anticipated event will be taking place in October as well, at multiple locations around the city.
What are the transportation options available to tourists within Bloemfontein?
The best way to get around Bloemfontein is by car. Even though taxis are available and a few buses move about the city, their circuits and timing are not fixed, which frustrate the travellers in Bloemfontein. The best idea then is to get a car from a rent-a-car facility, which dots the city centre and are also present around the airport. Please do not forget to bring along your driver’s license and read the liabilities and responsibilities pamphlet carefully before hiring the car.
Which five-star hotels and accommodation are available for stay in Bloemfontein?
There are plenty of hotels and accommodation in Bloemfontein that offer luxury stay facilities and stays. Look through the list and choose the hotel of your dreams.
- Anta Boga Hotel
- Dersley Manor
- The Royal Fischer Hotel
- Protea Hotel Bloemfontein Willow Lake
- SUN1 Bloemfontein