020 3137 2316
Cheap flights to Kimberley
Recent searches for return flights to Kimberley
Kimberley is the diamond field, a ‘City That Sparkles’ projects its significance as tourist destination, elegantly. This Capital of Cape Province is a gateway to some prominent destinations in South Africa like Mokala National Park and Hunting lodges. Kimberley’s sparkle invites you to unfold its glittering past of fevered diamond rush of 1870’s.
- Big Hole: Let your fancy roam to see the hand-dug Big Hole of the size of eight football fields. A major sightseeing in the city and beginning point of diamond mining in the region. A turquoise lake fills up the massive 800 meters Big Hole, thus creating a striking panorama.
- Mine Tours: A guided tour to operational mines should be in your travel plan to Kimberley, for who won’t spend time amidst sparkling ambience? Whether you peep below the ground in deep dug historic hole or above at jewel stores, jaw dropping experiences are promised.
- Kimberley Mine Museum: adjoins to Big Hole is the place to let you peep into the glorious past when diamond trade was at its peak here.
- Kimberley’s oldest residential suburb, Belgravia:lies at little distance from the city centre. This place was once known as the abode of most millionaires than anywhere in the world.
- If you happen to have some interest in art then ‘The Wildebeest Kuil Rock Art Centre’ is a must-place to visit; displaying contemporary and ancient San art at best.
Kimberley Airport also known as KIM Aita airport is located 8 kilometres from the town centre.
You can fly in Kimberley with South African Airways.
Kimberley airport caters a wide range of taxis, shuttles and limos, to facilitate you in reaching your desired destination. Reservation for transport beforehand will save your time and money.
Main tourist season in Kimberley is spring (August, September) and autumn (March, April).
It will take you almost 15 hours and 15 minutes to fly from UK to Kimberly.
Travellers always seek accommodation according to their touring budget. So, we’d like to suggest you according to your needs. Options recommended for Budget travellers are: Gum Tree Lodge, Heerengracht Guest House, Formula 1 hotel, and Bishop's Lodge. For luxurious lodging, you can check in any of thefollowing hotels: Edgerton House and Portea Hotel.
- Peep into the South Africa’s rural life at the world famous Duggan-Cronin Gallery; it showcases a wide collection of unique ethnographic snap-shots.
- If you are a battlefield buff, a visit to Magersfonte in battlefield will certainly be a treat for you, where Anglo-Boer War was fought.
- You won’t ever regret if you visit to WildebeestKuil Rock Art Tourism Centre and Galeshewe Township.
- Internet access is available at many of the accommodation options. Also, in most of the eateries and cafes wireless access is available throughout the city. All you have to do is to login and agree upon implied terms and conditions.
- Do for some luscious food at Butler’s Restaurant when in Kimberley—a gem of restaurant in town.
- If you dwell in ‘Diamond field’ and don’t take the exquisite diamond jewellery back to home, then it will be an utter injustice to your loved ones.