Make your breakthrough in the Northern Cape with cheap flights to Kimberley. Outskirts to this city have access to its own region of game reserves, wildlife parks and sanctuaries. Kimberley traces historical significance with being home to key personalities of the country such as Cecil Rhodes. The Kimberley mine, popularly known as the Big Hole, is still inundated with underground water from the surge of mining operations in the country during the 70s. Experts at TravelhouseUK have secured South African Airways for all cheap flight tickets to Kimberley this season. Kimberley Airport attends to all Kimberley flights via the domestic network, receiving 70 flights every week from two South African destinations.
Recent searches for return flights to Kimberley 2021/2022
Which are the best airlines flying to Kimberley from UK?
- British Airways
- South African Airways
- Qatar Airways
- Air France
Which airline operates direct flights from UK to Kimberley?
There are no direct flights available for Kimberley at present. All flights departing from the United Kingdom for Kimberley are connecting flights. Leading airlines for connecting flights to Kimberley are South African Airways, British Airways, Emirates, Qatar Airways, and Lufthansa, among others. To choose a flight to Kimberley with the least number of layovers, or one that takes the minimum time to complete the journey, contact TravelHouseUK. Our travel agent will select an itinerary that meets your exclusive needs.
How long is the flight to Kimberley from United Kingdom?
- The total flight duration from London Heathrow to Kimberley is 14 hours and 20 minutes on a connecting flight with South African Airways. The flight is via Johannesburg.
- The minimum flight duration from London Gatwick to Kimberley is 18 hours and 30 minutes on a connecting code-shared flight with British Airways, Austrian Airlines, and South African Airways. This is a three-stop flight via Salzburg, Frankfurt, and Johannesburg.
- From Manchester, the minimum flight duration for Kimberley is 17 hours and 25 minutes. This is a code-shared flight between British Airways and South African Airways. It involves two layovers; London and Johannesburg. The duration of both layovers is already added into the total flight duration provided above.
- From Birmingham to Kimberley, it takes 18 hours and 10 minutes minimum on a flight with Air France and South African Airways (code-shared). This is a two-stop flight via Paris and Johannesburg.
- Lufthansa and South African Airways operate connecting code-shared flights from Edinburgh to Kimberley that take 16 hours and 45 minutes minimum. There are two layovers - Munich and Johannesburg. The flight duration provided above includes the time spent at each layover.
Is TravelHouseUK offering the cheapest flights to Kimberley from London?
Yes, TravelHouseUK is offering the cheapest flights to Kimberley from London with fares starting from 699 GBP. If you have done some research online and have a figure in mind, get in touch with one of our travel agents. We will beat the price you quote and offer a cheaper one instead. Booking with TravelHouseUK may also benefit you in other ways. For instance, if a last-minute offer is available and you are not aware of it, we will send you a fare-alert immediately. If the price quoted is still too high, and you are planning to drop the idea of travelling at all, why not opt for our 'Fly Now, Pay Later' program? Link up with us on the phone or Facebook, and we will make sure you get the flight you want./p>
Are there any British Airways flights for Kimberley from UK?
Yes, there are several British Airways flights for Kimberley available from major airports in the UK. British Airways operates connecting flights to Kimberley in code-share with other airlines such as South African Airways and Lufthansa. The airline offers flights from London (Heathrow, Gatwick, Stansted, and City) airports, Manchester, Edinburgh, Newcastle upon Tyne, Glasgow, Aberdeen, and Leeds. To fly with British Airways at a rock-bottom price, contact us via Facebook or phone call. You will then provide us with your details (number of passengers, dates, and other priorities) and we will find you the best flight for your money.
When can i find the cheapest flights to Kimberley?
Except for December, July, and August, the rest of the months are fairly cheap to travel to Kimberley from the United Kingdom. If you are someone who considers the low season to be a plus, then plan your trip during the shoulder season (September to mid-October). This means fewer crowds, availability of accommodations, and above all else, low-cost Kimberley flights. That said, you are advised to stay in touch with your travel agent for updates and latest offers. Airfares change now and then, and your best bet is to keep track of these changes. We, at TravelHouseUK, do it for you so you have time enough to manage other travel factors.
Which is the main international airport in Kimberley?
The Kimberley Airport is your portal to the beautiful city of Kimberley. It is the only airport serving Kimberley for flights to and from the UK. Its IATA code is KIM, and the airport is approximately 9 kilometres from centre city Kimberley. This makes it a 15-minute drive during regular hours. To reach your hotel from the airport, take a cab or request for the airport shuttle service. Reservation for transport beforehand will save you both time and money.
What are the major tourist attractions in Kimberley?
The Big Hole: Also known as Kimberley Mine, the hole was laboriously dug by the workmen as part of a diamond-mining project. It is the size of almost eight football fields and has been turned into a lake. The water reservoir, turquoise in colour, is bordered by the rocks which give an amazing view when seen from the top. Close by is the Big Hole Museum; an entire museum dedicated to the history of the Big Hole.
Mokala National Park: This animal reserve is about 70 kilometres away from Kimberley proper and a complete package for day-trippers. Some spots like Matopi and Kameeldoring have gained popularity as picnic spots in recent years. The standard tour includes riding a jeep and exploring the terrain, passing by animals as they happen to come into view. However, you can even go fly-fishing, but that would require a 4x4.
Belgravia: Kimberley's oldest residential suburb lies at a little distance from downtown Kimberley. This was once the abode of the greatest number of millionaires in the world. A simple drive would suffice as there is little else besides mansions and villas. But what mansions and what villas; each boasting its unique architecture and design!
Wildebeest Kuil Rock Art Centre: The indigenous people of South Africa, the San, are known for many things, but rock engraving and painting is their claim to fame. The site preserves both ancient as well as modern works of rock art. A visitor centre nearby provides information and souvenir merchandise.
Which are the best hotels in Kimberley?
- Kimberley Anne Hotel (5-Star)
- Protea Hotel (4-Star)
- The Kimberley Club (4-Star)
- Aletheim Guest House (4-Star)
- Savoy Hotel (3-Star)
- Airport Hotel (3-Star)
- Peep into the South Africa’s rural life at the world famous Duggan-Cronin Gallery; it showcases a wide collection of unique ethnographic snap-shots.
- If you are a battlefield buff, a visit to Magersfonte in battlefield will certainly be a treat for you, where Anglo-Boer War was fought.
- You won’t ever regret if you visit to WildebeestKuil Rock Art Tourism Centre and Galeshewe Township.
- Internet access is available at many of the accommodation options. Also, in most of the eateries and cafes wireless access is available throughout the city. All you have to do is to login and agree upon implied terms and conditions.
- Do for some luscious food at Butler’s Restaurant when in Kimberley—a gem of restaurant in town.
- If you dwell in ‘Diamond field’ and don’t take the exquisite diamond jewellery back to home, then it will be an utter injustice to your loved ones.