Which Are The Airlines That Fly To Ndola?
- South African Airways
- Swiss Air
- Ethiopian Airlines
- Kenya Airways
Which Airlines Operate Direct Flights To Ndola From The UK?
There are currently no direct flights to Ndola from any major UK airport. All flights are connecting flights. Leading airlines for flights to Ndola from the UK are British Airways, South African Airways, Lufthansa, Ethiopian Airlines, Kenya Airways, and Swiss Air, among others. All of these airlines offer indirect flights.
How Many Hours Is A Flight To Ndola?
- The minimum flight duration from London Heathrow to Ndola is 14 hours and 10 minutes on an indirect flight with Ethiopian Airlines. The flight is via Addis Ababa.
- The flight from London Gatwick to Ndola is 15 hours and 50 minutes long. RwandAir and Kenya Airways offer connecting code-shared flights to Ndola via Kigali and Nairobi.
- The minimum flight duration from Edinburgh to Ndola is 16 hours and 15 minutes. These flights are offered by Alitalia and Ethiopian Airlines (code-shared) and include two layovers: one in Milan and the other in Addis Ababa.
- The total flight duration from Manchester to Ndola is 15 hours and 45 minutes with Ethiopian Airlines. This is a two-stop flight via Brussels and Addis Ababa.
- From Birmingham to Ndola, the flight duration is 16 hours and 45 minutes. This is the time duration for the shortest flight for this route. Swiss Air and South African Airways are the operating airlines working in a code-share format, and flying via Zurich and Johannesburg.
Are Cheap Flights To Ndola Available With Ethiopian Airlines?
Yes, cheap flights to Ndola are available with Ethiopian Airlines from the London Heathrow Airport as well as the Manchester Airport. The airline offers connecting flights to Ndola via its hub, Addis Ababa (in case of one-stop flights). TravelHouseUK provides you with the latest deals on Ethiopian Airlines flights to Ndola. For further updates, give us a call or connect with us through social media.
Which Is The Main International Airport In Ndola?
The Simon Mwansa Kapwepwe International Airport is currently serving Ndola and its surrounding regions. Its IATA code is NLA. This is the receiving airport for cheap flights to Ndola.
How Far Is The Ndola Airport From Ndola?
The distance from Simon Mwansa Kapwepwe International Airport (commonly dubbed as Ndola Airport) is approximately 4 kilometres. The airport facility is constructed alongside the city’s main expressway. Local shuttle services operate to and from the airport. Radio cab is another good option for reaching your hotel.
What are the entry requirements to Ndola for British travellers?
A British passport holder is required to apply for a visa from the Zambian high commission in London. The visa is officially valid for 90 days and usually is a single entry visa. It should be noted that the at the time of departure the government of Zambia charges a USD$ 25 departure fee, with an additional $3 security fee. These fees are usually included in the departure ticket, but in case they are not, the payment needs to be made in Kwachas at the airports.
Which events and festivals are celebrated in Ndola?
Zambia is raw, colourful and full of life. Toss away that suffocating suit-tie and burn it in the bonfires at the Ndola Colour Festival. The event usually takes place in August. The paint powder is tossed into the air and the blues, reds and yellows smear cross the jubilant crowd. Moreover, walking through the Zambian streets is a festivity on its own.
how far is the Ndola airport from the city centre?
The distance from Ndola Airport to the city centre is approximately 5 kilometres, taking up to 10 to 15 minutes to reach.
What are the major landmarks in Ndola?
There are few landmarks in Ndola but each one is richer and more interesting than the other.
- Stroll into the Copperbelt museum and see how the precious ores have transformed the city from a village to a thriving city.
- Pay respects at the final resting place of Dag Hammarskjold, the second Sectary General of the United Nations. His plane crashed at this site in the September of 1961
What is the best time to visit Ndola?
The best time to visit Ndola is between April and September. The temperature remains moderate between this time period. Ndola heats up quickly in October through December, in the rainy season.
Which five star hotels and accommodation are available for stay in Ndola?
There are not many five star hotels in Ndola, however, more economical accommodations are available in the city that is clean and spacious.
- The Protea Marriott Hotel Ndola – 4 star
- The Urban Hotel – 4 star
- Kuku Royal Lodge – 3 star
- Mukuba Hotel – 3 star
why visit ndola?
Take a vacation to Ndola to get away from the pace and population. Relax and unwind at this rapidly developing city, as you spend your mornings exploring the city streets and the evenings while indulging in authentic cultural cuisine. Modern factories along with shops and offices line the Central Business District which happens to be a great crowd pleaser. Take a 20 minute drive to Nsebe, a famous resort, and indulge in the wildlife and water activities it offers, with food made from the local produce including fish farming, beef farming and lots of cabins, camping areas and tents with luxury furniture to help you feel at home, it makes for a great weekend getaway. Upon your return to Ndola, head off this city attraction known as the Mupapa Slave Tree, holding great historical importance, listen to locals telling interesting tales about it. Nearby is the Copperbelt Museum, which also worth visiting, as it proudly showcases Zambia’s mining history, gemstones along with copper processing. The well stocked craft shop at the entrance is bound to have you shop for souvenirs and memorabilia.
where to stay in ndola?
Ndola offers a wide variety of hotel, lodges and guest houses to pick from, all offering clean comfortable and good value for your money. The New Ambassador Hotel and the New Savoy Hotel are among tourist’s top picks as they located rather close to the city’s activities. Accommodations are also located in the residential area of Ndola; Palm Lodge is rated as a favourite because of its prime location. The residential area is also home other great hotels as it’s near to the city centre and provides a great neighbourhood hosting a friendly safe atmosphere. Visitors on business trips however prefer accommodations in the city centre and rate Kinsa Lodge as being an ideal option. Apartments situation in the heart of the city are also often occupied, mostly by enthusiastic tourists fascinated by the city or businessmen who like to stay within the remote areas.