Cheap flights to Mauritius
Recent searches for return flights to Mauritius
Which Airlines Operate Flights To Mauritius from UK?
- Kenya Airways
- Air Mauritius
- Air France
- Austrian Airlines
- British Airways
- Virgin Atlantic
- Air India
- Turkish Airlines
How long is the flight from uk to Mauritius?
- The flight taking off from London Heathrow for Mauritius is 12 to 18 hours long. Depending on the airline, this flight might have a stopover at Dubai, Nairobi or Amsterdam.
- Flight from Manchester to Mauritius usually takes 17 to 22 hours. The flight comes with one stopover.
- The flights from Birmingham to Mauritius reach their destination in 16 to 23 hours. These flights have one stopover.
- The London Gatwick to Mauritius flight is also 17 to 20 hours long. The stopover would most probably be at Dubai International Airport.
which airline offers direct flight to Mauritius from uk
Yes, there is a direct flight operated by Air Mauritius that connects London Heathrow with Mauritius’ Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam International Airport. The duration of the flight is only 12 hours.
What is the best time to visit Mauritius?
The best time to visit Mauritius by a British tourist is from June to October. Tourists usually are looking for the warm months when the temperatures remain in the early 20 degrees Celsius. The entire time through the months between June and October, the temperature remains mild and it hovers between 23°C and 27°C. Coming to Mauritius during this time is a relaxing, refreshing and an overall amazing experience.
What is the cheapest month to fly to Mauritius?
Although Mauritius is open for business the entire year, the cheapest time to come to Mauritius is in the month of May. This is the time when most tourists are gearing up to visit the island nation, waiting for the summer break to start. Be the early bird and fly to Mauritius before the mob of tourists begins to pack their bags. This way the beaches would be empty and the prices of the airfare and accommodations would be super low. This could become the dream vacation that would not set your bank account on fire.
What are the major international airports in Mauritius?
Mauritius has two major international airports. The airports and their details are as follows:
- Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam International Airport(MRU) is the main international airport for Mauritius and most flights from the United Kingdom land at this airport. The airport handled 3.7 million passengers, most of them tourists, in 2017. The airport is located in Plaine Magnien, but it predominantly serves Port Louis, the capital of Mauritius, which is on the other side of the island. The distance from the airport to Port Louis is 50 kilometres.
- Sir Gaëtan Duval Airport (RRG) is a small international airport in Plaine Corail. The airport is located on another island of Mauritius, called Rodriguez. The airport is only 12 kilometres from Port Mathurin, which serves as the capital of the dependency. Gaëtan Duval Airport serves about 50,000 passengers annually.
What are the entry requirements to Mauritius for British travellers?
A British traveller does not require a visa to visit Mauritius. Upon arriving at the island nation, the immigration staff would stamp your passport, allowing you to stay in the country for 60 days. Please visit the immigration offices in Port Louis for an extension, if the need arises.
Mauritius is a gift of Nature to humanity. The island, complete with its diverse people is a wonder that needs to be witnesses, at least once in a lifetime. The island’s history has given it the flavour of Indian, Muslim and European cultures that have evolved into a social ecosystem unlike any other.
- Le Morne Brabant is a monolith hill right at the southern edge of Mauritius Island. The monolith is 500 meters high and it is hugged by a lagoon at its base. The hill is covered in greenery and the lagoon is full of marine life. It is a little piece of paradise, and its beauty and remoteness sheltered the marooned and escaped slaves back in the 17th century. Monuments to their pursuit for happiness and freedom are placed around the base of Le Morne Brabant. Hike up the basalt mountain trails under the shadows of giant ancient trees and peek into the caves on the top, which once protected those who dreamt of freedom.
- The ‘Seven Coloured Earths’ is a spectacle of nature and a site of immense spirituality. Upon visiting the site that attracts tourists by the thousands, one can see seven distinct colours of the exposed sand. The colours of red, brown, violet, green, blue, purple and yellow are all visible like a rainbow, but on the ground. These sand dunes were formed by volcanic activity. As the lava cooled down at different temperature and was exposed to the different atmospheric conditions the elements in the lava reacted differently to create cascading coloured dunes. Tourist can buy these sands from curio shops in test tubes and take a sample of these memories back home.
- Flic en Flac is a small seaside town on the western coast of Mauritius. The name of the town comes from a Dutch phrase that means ‘free, flatland’. This public beach is the longest in Manutius, with the whitest sand and it is protected by a coral reef. On the horizon, where the blue ocean water meets the white sky, the silhouette of the Le Morne Brabant mount gives a mysterious aura, encouraging the traveller to embark on a voyage of discovery. The area hosts 140 species of birds both endangered and abundant.
Which events and festivals are celebrated in Mauritius?
Mauritius is a tranquil abode for a highly multicultural society and is a community of colourful, joyous and bright people. The jubilations of the year start with the Hindu festival of the Cavadee, in which men possessed by spirits, walk on embers, get pierced with needles and travel a great distance to present a wreath of flowers and milk to their deities. The Chinese Spring Festival clad in red covers the island with flowers of all sorts, in February. Divali, the festival of lights is celebrated in October. As the festival approaches, the flickering fairy lights trail the beaches and resorts of Mauritius. The Eid ul Fitr parties, after the holy month of Ramadan, are celebrated by the Muslim community with great joy and zeal.
What are the transportation options available to tourists within Mauritius?
The transport network of the country is highly evolved. Since Mauritius is an island country, getting around is easier by bus, taxi and by boats as well. The bus network is vast. The busses are air-conditioned, economical and the bus conductors are very helpful to tourists. Metered taxis also zoom through the island and a typical tour can cost around MUR 2500. For USD $900, you can also take a helicopter expedition to the island and get amazed by the surrounding coral reef.
Which five-star hotels and accommodation are available for stay in Mauritius?
There are many five star hotels in Mauritius. The tourism industry is very important to the local government and as a result, many renowned hotels have sprung up along the beaches of Mauritius.
- Dinarobin Beach comber Golf Resort & Spa
- Trou aux Biches Beach comber Golf Resort & Spa
- Royal Palm Beach comber Luxury
- Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Wellness Resort
- Paradis Beach comber Golf Resort & Spa