Cheap one-way & return flights to Mauritius from London
Flights from Mauritius to London
Which airlines operate flights to Mauritius from UK?
- Emirates: Emirates offers 3 flights per week from London Heathrow to Mauritius (LHR-MRU).
- British Airways: British Airways operates a single daily flight from Edinburgh to Mauritius. That makes 7 connecting flights per week.
- Air France: Air France operates 3 connecting flights a week from LHR to MRU. There are 3 weekly flights from MAN to MRU as well.
- Air Mauritius: Air Mauritius offers 3 flights per week from Birmingham. These are one-stop flights.
Are there any direct flights to Mauritius?
Currently, no direct flights to Mauritius are available. Airlines serving the route from the United Kingdom to Mauritius are all offering connecting flights. These include Emirates, British Airways, Air France, Air Mauritius, and others. To confirm availability, airfares, and travel restrictions in effect at present, please speak with our travel agent over the phone - 020 3137 2316.
How long is the flight from UK to Mauritius?
- Flights from London Heathrow to Mauritius via Paris: 15 hours and 5 minutes.
- The flight duration from Manchester to Mauritius (MAN to MRU) with Air France: 16 hours and 5 minutes.
- Flights from Edinburgh to Mauritius with British Airways: 19 hours and 15 minutes via London and Paris.
- Mauritius flights from Glasgow with British Airways: 19 hours and 20 minutes.
Which is the cheapest time of year to fly to Mauritius?
March can be said to be the cheapest. But travellers can withstand high prices at any time of the year if they have been given the right flight deal. Last-minute offers and exclusive sales can bring the price down like nothing else. Travelhouseuk is not running out of such offers any time soon. Our experts can guide you to the most suitable offer out there and even price-match if you have been quoted a lower fare elsewhere. When ready, please leave us a message on Facebook or try our number (020 3137 2316) if you look forward to speaking with us over the phone.
Can I get flexible tickets on Mauritius flights?
What happens if Mauritius levels up its travel restrictions is a recent cause of concern among travellers. Travelhouseuk holds out flexible tickets on Mauritius flights for those looking for a safety net. You can hold on to your booking and still fly, although at a later date if you have flexible tickets. If a flight ban is brought to effect for a given space of time, we will provide a date change to match the new policies. To have it on your side, please contact us to acquire the details.
Can I fly to Mauritius now and pay later?
We believe that your next flight is not yet out of grasp despite the price problem. We offer travellers the chance to fly to Mauritius now and pay later for contingencies like these. It's just as it sounds like - an instalment plan. You begin by selecting flights and making a small deposit to secure them. We issue the tickets so you can fly at the earliest. Meanwhile, the payable amount will be converted into monthly instalments. We will answer your queries on Facebook and commence with the booking over the phone.
Can I get flights to Mauritius with British Airways?
The excellent reputation of British Airways rests on factors like affordability, quality, and coverage. The airline is currently operating connecting flights from major cities, namely, London, Glasgow, Manchester, Edinburgh, Newcastle, and Aberdeen. Travelhouseuk tackles the price factor by delivering top deals on flights to Mauritius with British Airways. You also get an instalment plan option when booking with us. The deals we promote range from limited-time sales to seasonal packages. You can receive all the vital information and recommendations by signing up for our newsletter.
What is the best time to visit Mauritius?
The best time to visit Mauritius by a British tourist is from June to October. Tourists usually are looking for the warm months when the temperatures remain in the early 20 degrees Celsius. The entire time through the months between June and October, the temperature remains mild and it hovers between 23°C and 27°C. Coming to Mauritius during this time is a relaxing, refreshing and an overall amazing experience.
What are the major international airports in Mauritius?
- Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam International Airport(MRU) is the main international airport for Mauritius and most flights from the United Kingdom land at this airport. The airport handled 3.7 million passengers, most of them tourists, in 2017. The airport is located in Plaine Magnien, but it predominantly serves Port Louis, the capital of Mauritius, which is on the other side of the island. The distance from the airport to Port Louis is 50 kilometres.
- Sir Gaëtan Duval Airport (RRG) is a small international airport in Plaine Corail. The airport is located on another island of Mauritius, called Rodriguez. The airport is only 12 kilometres from Port Mathurin, which serves as the capital of the dependency. Gaëtan Duval Airport serves about 50,000 passengers annually.
What are the major landmarks in Mauritius?
- Le Morne Brabant: A monolith hill right at the southern edge of Mauritius Island hugged by a lagoon at its base. Hike up the trails and peek into the caves on top.
- The Seven Coloured Earth: This geopark is a spectacle of nature and a site of immense spirituality. This rainbow on earth is a work of ancient volcanic activities.
- Flic En Flac Beach: A small seaside town on the western coast of Mauritius sporting the longest public beach in the country. This white sandy sanctuary is home to 140 species of birds, both endangered and abundant.
- Chamarel Waterfall: Here we have a sparkling gem hidden within the folds of lush vegetation around it. Lately, the site is gaining popularity as a scenic spot for photography and swimming.
Which events and festivals are celebrated in Mauritius?
Mauritius is a tranquil abode for a highly multicultural society and is a community of colourful, joyous and bright people. The jubilations of the year start with the Hindu festival of the Cavadee, in which men possessed by spirits, walk on embers, get pierced with needles and travel a great distance to present a wreath of flowers and milk to their deities. The Chinese Spring Festival clad in red covers the island with flowers of all sorts, in February. Divali, the festival of lights is celebrated in October. As the festival approaches, the flickering fairy lights trail the beaches and resorts of Mauritius. The Eid ul Fitr parties, after the holy month of Ramadan, are celebrated by the Muslim community with great joy and zeal.
What are the transportation options available to tourists within Mauritius?
The transport network of the country is highly evolved. Since Mauritius is an island country, getting around is easier by bus, taxi and by boats as well. The bus network is vast. The busses are air-conditioned, economical and bus conductors are very helpful to tourists. Metered taxis also zoom through the island and a typical tour can cost around MUR 2500. For USD $900, you can also take a helicopter expedition to the island and get amazed by the surrounding coral reef.
Which are the best hotels in Mauritius?
- LUX Belle Mare Resort and Villas (5-star)
- Paradise Cove Boutique Hotel (5-star)
- Constance Belle Mare Plage (5-star)
- Tamassa Resort (4-star)
- Sands Suites Resort and Spa (4-star)
- Seapoint Boutique Hotel (4-star)
- Voile Bleue Boutique Hotel (3-star)
- Laguna Beach Hotel and Spa (3-star)
- Coral Azur Beach Resort (3-star)
- Le Mandala Moris Guesthouse (3-star)
Flights and flight-inclusive holidays on this website are financially protected by the ATOL scheme. However some are not and at time of booking you confirm what protection is applicable. This website is a part of Moresand Ltd (registration no. 02114691) T/A Travelhouseuk registered in England and wales . Office , 10-11 Percy St, Fitzrovia, London W1T 1DN. All bookings protected under the ATOL scheme will receive an ATOL certificate. In cases where a part payment is made that flight booking is ATOL protected. In some cases a certificate does not indicate all the trip segments - this means the omitted parts are not ATOL protected). Please refer to our booking conditions for further information please visit www.atol.org.uk/ATOLCertificate