Daily direct flight to Spain from London Heathrow (LHR) requires a minimum of 3 hours and 20 minutes to cover the flight distance. Departure airport, arrival airport, and other related factors are also considered before booking a flight that could affect the flight duration.
Although the prime time to visit Spain is in July and August, not only is the beach resorts absolutely swarming with tourists at that time, the tickets get very expensive. The cheapest time to visit Spain would be from the end of January to early March. Just stay clear of the Semana Santa festival in early April in Spain; that is when the prices skyrocket. In the fall, in there is a considerable decline in the prices in the month of October.
There are almost 40 airports in Spain. The busiest airports in Spain transport millions of people including tourists, to and from, all over the world. They are as follows:
Adolfo Suárez Madrid–Barajas Airport (MAD) is the busiest airport in Spain. In 2017, the airport was host to 53.4 million passengers. The airport has five runways, all beyond 3.5 kilometres long. The airport is only 9 kilometres away from the Madrid Financial District.
Barcelona–El Prat Airport (BCN) is the second busiest airport in Spain. The airport is only 12 kilometres away from the city centre. In 2017, the airport served 47.2 million passengers, landing them on one of its three runways. Two of these runways are 2.5 kilometres long while the third is 3.7 kilometres in length.
Palma de Mallorca Airport (PMI) is the third busiest airport in Spain. The airport has two heavy-duty runways both 3.2 kilometres long that served 27.9 million people last year. The airport is 8 kilometres away from the city itself. A number of international airlines make it their destination.
Since Spain is part of the Schengen treaty the European Union, British citizens who hold a valid UK passport can enter Spain freely. Please make sure that your passport is in order and does not expire in 3 months time at the time of departure.
Due to its location, Spain offers pleasant weather all year round. Therefore, it is open and convivial for the travellers any time of the year. If you are interested in visiting the cities or the beaches then, it is best to take cheap flights to Spain during spring or summers. Autumns are also very mild and people enjoy lovely evenings and afternoon beach strolls. However, the winters from November to February, are a bit chilly. The pine-clad mountains are covered with a soft blanket of snow. It is the optimum time for heading over the ski resorts in Spain.
Spain has an alluring charm, which never fails to inspire its visitor. There are thriving cities for clubbing, shopping and tasting the delectable cuisine, ancient cities with ruins to explore, soft sandy beaches to relish and plenty of festivals to have a perfect escape.
- Football is sacred in Spain. Madrid the capital city of Spain is famous for its love for soccer. If you are a Real Madrid fan, you will certainly love to visit this city. The Santiago Bernabéu Stadium in Barcelona is also a temple where football fans attend their pilgrimage. Food and football fans will also love Barcelona. There plenty of other attractions as well to entertain the art and culture lovers.
- Mallorca, the Bay of Majorca Island is also famous for its beach resorts, sheltered coves, limestone peaks and ancient ruins. Its ravishing beaches, rich culture and soulful hilly areas are a great draw for the travellers. In Serra de Tramuntana, West Mallorca, you can explore high rising peaks and UNESCO designated sites.
- The Canary Islands are a beautiful escape from a busy life. It is a cluster of seven wonderful islands namely Lanzarote, Gran Canaria, Tenerife, Fuerteventura, La Gomera, La Palma and El Hierro.They are famous for their pristine beaches, watersports, tropical forests and excellent beach resorts. They are best for the luxury dwellers, romantic retrievers, whale watchers and surfers.
Spain has been a hub of international travel since time immemorial because of its geographic location; being a connecting country for Europe, Africa and the ‘New World’. Spain now has highly advanced road systems and is now currently working to develop a highspeed railway line to Lisbon, Portugal. Collectively there are nineteen cities including Madrid, Barcelona, Seville and Palma that have inner city transport systems like metros and trams. Spain and Morocco are also in talks for constructing a tunnel that could connect the Straits of Gibraltar.
By a little pre-planning, you can find affordable flights to Spain along with affordable deals in standout hotels. Your lodging depends on which area you want to explore. Some of the iconic hotels include:
- Majestic Hotel Barcelona
- Hotel Ritz Madrid, Hotel Arts Barcelona
- Intercontinental Madrid, W Barcelona
- Hotel AbadiaRetuertaLe DomaineSardon de Duero
- Riviera BeachotelBenidorm
- El Oceano Beach Hotel Mijas
- Melia Royal TanauBaqueira
So get a holiday deal of your choice from travelhouseuk and have a wonderful vacation on the Mediterranean.