020 3137 2316
Cheap flights to Eldoret
Recent searches for return flights to Eldoret
Which Airlines That Operate Flights To Eldoret ?
- Kenya Airways
- Eygpt Air
- Ethiopian Airlines
- Etihad Airlines
- Royal Brunei Airlines
- Qatar Airways
How Long Is The Flight To Eldoret ?
- London Heathrow to Eldoret on a one-stop flight: 15 hours and 55 minutes
- London Heathrow to Eldoret on a flight with stopovers: 21 hours and 10 minutes
- Manchester to Eldoret: 16 hours and 10 minutes
- Birmingham to Eldoret: 20 hours and 20 minutes
What are the popular stopovers on flights to Eldoret from UK?
The popular stopovers on flights to Eldoret are Nairobi, Dubai, Amsterdam, and Qatar. Among them, the most preferred flight route to Eldoret is via Nairobi on a one-stop flight.
how far is the Eldoret airport from the city centre?
Eldoret International Airport is located approximately 16 km southwest from the Eldoret town center on the Eldoret-Kisumu road.
What are the major international airports in Eldoret?
Eldoret International airport (EDL) is the international airport that serves the city of Eldoret. The airport is close to Kenya’s international border with Uganda. The airport was established in 1995 and is currently handling upwards of 120,000 passengers every year. Eldoret International airport is approximately 17 kilometres away from the city’s central business district.
What are the entry requirements to Eldoret for British travellers?
A Britsh passport holder requires a visa to enter the Kenyan city of Eldoret. The visa could be issued on arrival at the airport but it is strongly adviced that the tourist applies for a visa before travelling to Eldoret at the Kenyan High Commission in London. This is to prevent the tourist from standing in endless lines at the immigration department of the Eldoret Airport.
What is the best time to visit Eldoret?
The best time to visit Eldoret is from August to June. The temperature of Eldoret varies only a little throughout the year. The average perceived temperature remains between 17° C to 21°C. Eldoret received rainfall in July, so its better skip that month, however, just after the rains the climate becomes quite pleasant.
why travel to eldoret?
Eldoret is one of Kenya's fastest growing towns located south of the Cherangani Hills in western Kenya. The town derives its name from the nearby Sosiani River's riverbed's stony nature. Eldoret is known to boast the exotic greenery that the beautiful country of Kenya is known for and as such makes it the ideal place to unravel and explore this fantastic city's beauty. Since Eldoret is predominantly an agricultural community, the beauty of the vast corn and wheat fields that outline the town creates one of the most soothing and picture-perfect sites for the eyes.
One of the main highlights of Eldoret includes its indulgent nightlife that has gained prominence with the introduction of new and classy nightclubs.
How To Get To The City From The Eldoret Airport?
Eldoret International Airport offers 24 hour taxi service for the convenient transport of passengers to the town center. This is a more comfortable means of transportation to the city from the airport. A comparatively cheaper option is to use the Matutu Bus that also services passengers to the Eldoret town center from the airport.
Many of the hotels of Eldoret also offer pick and drop services to ferry their guests from the airport. Prior reservations with the hotel will enable you to avail this service.
how to manage getting around in eldoret?
One of the popular modes of getting around Eldoret is using the buses located in the center of the town. These buses also take routes to the nearby towns and cities around Eldoret and is one of the most economical and fast way of getting around town. Some of the main bus companies operating in Eldoret are Eldoret Express, Akamba, Easy Coach and Kenya Bus services. Minibuses called matutu can also be used to get around town and are much cheaper than the regular buses.
what are the hotel and accommodation options in eldoret?
Eldoret offers a number of comfortable hotels and guesthouses that dot the town. These boast all the latest amenities and facilities that are essential for a relaxing stay.
More convenient accommodations that boast a homey atmosphere include fully furnished outhouses and main houses located near the River Flora estate. These outhouses are equipped with all the modern essentials including free internet services for the residents. Eldoret also offers beautiful campsite resorts that include dormitory facilities, log cabins, stone chalets and also internet facilities for the convenience of its guests.
What are the major landmarks in Eldoret?
- Eldoret is nested in between two major national parks of Kenya. Most tourists make Eldoret their home for a few weeks so that they could visit both of the parks with relative ease.
- The Kerio Valley National park is a protected valley in Kenya through which the Kerio river flows. Ever since this park was declared as a protected territory, in 1983, the animal population has been booming. It is an amazing place to visit for those who desire to become one with nature.
- Hear the blue monkey squeak and jump from tree to tree and the gazels prance through the tall grass at the Mount Elgon National Park. It is a bit further away from Eldoret as compared to Kerio Valley National Park. The National Park has come to life due to the rich minerals the extinct volcano of Mount Elgon spewed out twenty-four million years ago.
- The Kakamega Forest reverse is the last remaining patch of an ancient rainforest that once spanned the entire continent. This rainforest is the last remaining abode for a number of animals, including exotic birds, butterflies and is home to extremely ancient trees.
Which events and festivals are celebrated in Eldoret?
Eldoret does not have any of its own inherent festivals, but Eldoret does celebrate with the rest of Kenya. The most joyous celebration in Eldoret is usually the new year. Concerts are held and the Kenyan New Year is welcomed with flashy colours and African fusion music. Recently, the Eldoret Colour festival has been gathering many crowds. The party-goers throw coloured powder at each other as they surround themselves with music and laughter. More often then not, Eldoret can surprise you with splendour.
Which five star hotels and accommodation are available for stay in Eldoret?
Unfortunately, there are not many five star hotels in Eldoret. However, there are other more economical options available to stay at, in the city of Eldoret.
- Boma Inn Eldoret
- Poa Place Resort
- Sirikwa Hotel
- Sosa Cottages
- Be notified about our exclusive discounted deals
- Get promo codes to avail big discounts on your bookings
- Earn up-to 1,000 rewards points