Cheap flights to Ahmedabad
Ahmedabad is located in the western part of India and is the largest city of the State of Gujarat. This traditionally and culturally dense city, provides an insight on the life of Indians. Being one of the favorite destinations among the travelers bound to Gujarat, this city offers a number of attractions for the visitors. It has a long history, which is quite apparent from the numerous museums displaying the artifacts from its history. The Humble folks, age old structures, vibrant festivals, fascinating maze of its od quarters, fine dining restaurants and quirky nightlife makes it quite a welcoming site. If you are planning to fly to Ahmedabad to manage some important work, site seeing or meet your family than find low cost air tickets for Ahmedabad from the TravelHouse UK. We allow you to surf from amazing discounted deals to ease you in your travel plans. So hurry up and book your tickets now.
Recent flight searches for cheap tickets to Ahmedabad
- Air India (AI) via Delhi/Mumbai
- Kuwait Airways (KU) via Muscat
- Etihad Airways (EY) via Abu Dhabi
- Qatar Airways (QR) via Doha
- Emirates (EK) via Dubai
- Jet Airways (9W) via Delhi
- London Heathrow (LHR) to India (Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport, Ahmedabad) via New Delhi: 8 hours and 55 minutes
- Heathrow (LHR) to India (AMD) via Dubai: 13 hours and 30 minutes
- Heathrow to India (Ahmedabad) via Abu Dhabi: 12 hours and 55 minutes
- Heathrow (LHR) to India (AMD) via Doha: 10 hours and 55 minutes
- Manchester to Ahmedabad(AMD) via Dubai: 12 hours and 55 minutes
- Air India: Direct flights are scheduled on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday only where as indirect flights can be availed throughout the seven days of the week.
- Emirates: Connects UK and Ahmedabad on several round trips on daily basis.
- Qatar Airways: Flights are operated on seven days a week.
- Etihad Airways: Flights are scheduled for all the seven days of the week.
- Jet Airways: Flights are scheduled for seven days a week.
- Emirates: Daily flight connections from Monday to Sunday.
- Etihad Airways: Flights are operated on seven days a week.
- Qatar Airways: Flights are operated from Monday to Sunday.
- Emirates: Daily flight connections on any given day of the week.
- Emirates: Flights take off on all the seven days of the week from UK to Ahmedabad.
The 8th busiest airport in the India, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport (AMD), aka Ahmedabad Airport, is the only airport which serves international flights for cities of Ahmedabad and Gandhinagar in India.
- Following its cargo standards, Air India has set limits for free baggage allowance to be 2 pieces of 23 kg each on Economy Class whereas 3 pieces of 23kg each on Business and First Class are allowed for all flights originating from the UK.
- Etihad Airways allows 2 bags up to 23 kg each on flights from the UK to India. While justifying its Business and First Class, Etihad Airways offers 2 bags of 32 kg each.
- If you are on board with Jet Airways from the UK to India, then adherence to the requirements for free baggage lets you take 28 kg for Economy Class. Otherwise, be it the Premiere or the First Class, you can take 69 kg for both.
- Kuwait Airways is known for comparatively low fares. Nevertheless, there is no compromising on basic amenities. You can take up to 2 bags of 23 kg each in Economy Class whereas fares in Business and First Class may enjoy up to 2 bags of 32 kg each on cheap flights from UK to Ahmedabad.
- Keeping the weight concept in mind, you may commence your air travel with Emirates whereby you are allowed to carry 30kg for Economy Class, 40 kg for Business Class and 50 kg for First Class.
While planning any tour in general and holiday trips in particular, weather conditions are almost always one of the major concerns. Like all other Asian countries, India’s mini metropolis also stands three seasons in a year. Summer (April-June) is quite hot, and so, not a very pleasant period to enjoy outdoor activities in scorching heat of the sun. Monsoon in Ahmedabad delights all and sundry by abating the intense summer heat. It is a joyful rejuvenation of both man and earth. One has to be there to appreciate the refreshing smell as water hits the parched earth. It occurs from June to September. Winters sweep into the city right after monsoons ending up till September. The peak season is between October and March whereby weather remains dry and cool yet amusing
Largest city in the state of Gujarat, the then industrial hub and a powerhouse and centre of both- business innovation and business promotion- now in India, Ahmedabad is locally known as the Manchester of the East because of a growing abundance of textile mills. Mesmerizing fusion of Indo-Muslim culture and intricate architecture are the top features that lure visitors. Whether you travel to explore the cultural beauty of India or a business meeting brings you a chance to be in Ahmedabad; you will find the city very tempting in any case. Enriched with a remarkable historical heritage, the city captures numerous visitors specifically due to its monuments, museums and lakes.Lakes:
Owing to the weather conditions in Ahmedabad, it is a rewarding custom to spend some relaxing time besides a lake in the vibrant floral beauty, more so during April and May, to avoid summer meltdowns. Not only this, many cultural events are celebrated and local residents as well as foreign visitors participate to make it even more cherishing. Located in the west, the Vastrapur Lake knows a thing or two about alluring water babies. Boating and strolling around in the fresh air are activities people take pleasure in the most. Yet another reservoir, the Kankaria Lake attracts the masses of all age groups. Kids play areas, water rides and food stalls are added entertainment facilities. Both of these tourist hotspots serve as ideal places for a family day tripping.Monuments:
On the way to Kalupur Market, which is a wholesale market for vegetables, you will go through the stunning architecture of Hatheesingh Temple. Despite being 125 years old, it continues to cast its spell on visitors. It is spectacular to see how the city has struck a good balance between traditional and contemporary world. It is quite evident from the recent trends that Ahmedabad displays a cultural mix of Hindu and Islamic lifestyle. Monuments are the symbols of deep rooted conventions. And, to see the true picture of it, visit Ahmedabad during Uttarayan and Navratri that is celebrated with the great zeal and fervour. Another place that you owe a visit at when in Ahmedabad is Calico Museum of Textiles; displaying a premium collection of textile and furniture, something that continues to attract masses of visitors as we speak.Musuems:
Among the many museums that Ahmedabad is home to, the most unique is none other than the Kite Museum which is located in Sanskar Kendra. This museum exhibits an astonishing assortment of rare kites that were built over 50 years by a man called Bhanubhai Shah. In addition to this, the museum displays over 400 pieces of paper from which kites have been crafted. These unique colours mark the skyline of Ahmedabad and serves as one of the major tourist attractions. Besides that, head over to another major attraction of the city, the Shreyas Folk Museum that is one of the most enlightening and informative museums situated close to the outskirts of Ahmedabad near Sabarmati. This museum highlights the vibrant colours of traditional folk arts of Gujarat. This is the place where you can get more in touch with textile, decorative collectibles and clothing because the Shreyas Folk Museum fetches out the traditional rural flavour and mixes it with the vibrant cultural heritage of Gujarat.Manek Chowk:
Tired and hungry? This is the best place to grab a bite in Ahmedabad. It has everything to suit to your taste and munching cravings. Endless variety of food in quite reasonable prices is available at short distances from one another.
With the great focus on hospitality and infrastructure, more on the former more than the latter, Ahmedabad strives at its best in building best value hotels and accommodations in the city. An economic boom in the recent years has been the reason for accelerated growth in a number of luxury and up market hotels. Holding more attraction for visitors from across the borders are the cultural and traditional properties that mushroomed this growth in recent years. Hotels in Ahmedabad provide their guests with all state of the art facilities including homely accommodations, spacious rooms, and breathtaking views from the windows, quality room service, car hire facilities and other modern amenities. In correspondence with your set budget, semi luxury hotels to budget hotels are also in abundance offering hospitality at a relatively low-cost. Not only this, hotels have their own restaurants to serve the lip smacking local and traditional cuisines to international cuisines according to your taste. Even the government owned hotels are available which are cheaper and yet offer exquisitely furnished rooms with amazing lifestyle options during your visit. All the following lodging places are at our service. Luxury hotels are located near the airport and Nehru Bridge whereas budget hotels can be found near College Road and Kalupur Market.
- Crown PlazaCity Centre
- The House of MG
- Treebo Ambassador
- Caspia Hotel
- Lemon Tree Premier; The Atrium
- Hyatt Regency
- Pride Plaza Hotel
- Royal Orchid Hotel
- The Ummed
- Hotel El Dorado
- The President A Boutique Hotel
- Best Western Rock Regency Hotel
- Hotel Cosmopolitan
- Four Points by Sheraton