Which Airlines Operate Flights To Delhi from the UK?
- Air India
- British Airways
- Virgin Atlantic
- Gulf Air
How long is the flight to Delhi from the UK?
- The minimum flight duration from London Heathrow to Delhi is 8 hours and 25 minutes with British Airways (direct flight). Lufthansa operates connecting flights from the Heathrow Airport which take 10 hours and 55 minutes via Frankfurt.
- The flight from London Gatwick to Delhi is 12 hours and 15 minutes long with Emirates. This London-Delhi flight is a one-stop flight via Dubai.
- The minimum flight duration from Birmingham to Delhi is 8 hours and 30 minutes on a direct flight with Air India. As far as connecting routes are concerned, Emirates flights take 13 hours and 25 minutes minimum. Emirates flights include a brief layover in Dubai.
- KLM operates the shortest flight from Manchester to Delhi via Amsterdam. The flight duration is 10 hours and 5 minutes.
- From Edinburgh, the flight duration for Delhi is 10 hours and 15 minutes with KLM. These flights fly via Amsterdam.
Are there any direct flights to Delhi from the UK?
Air India, British Airways and Virgin Atlantic offer non-stop flights to Delhi from the London Heathrow Airport. Air India and British Airways operate two daily flights whereas Virgin Atlantic operates a single flight daily. Air India also offers direct flights to Delhi from Birmingham Airport in the UK. The airline operates three flights per week (every Monday, Wednesday, and Sunday).
From other airports in the UK, only connecting flights are available. Major airlines offering connecting flights to Delhi from the United Kingdom are Emirates, British Airways, Gulf Air, Lufthansa, KLM, and Qatar Airways, among other names.
Which airlines operate flights to Delhi more frequently?
More than 1.5 million British Indians are living in the United Kingdom, and many of them still have ties in Delhi and often visit their city of origin. A lot of airlines see this yearly exodus of British Indians as a lucrative opportunity and provide services with competing airfares. These airlines include British Airways, Virgin Atlantic, Air India, Ukraine International Airlines, Qatar Airways, Turkish Airlines, Emirates and many more.
How many flights are there from London to Delhi weekly?
Flight network from London to Delhi is quite vast. Approximately ninety flights are operated between the UK and Delhi on a weekly basis. Most of these flights are offered by airlines from the Middle East, Turkish Airlines, Air India and British Airways. Most Indian expatriates choose to fly by Emirates to Delhi, but Qatar Airways is always coming up with a better deal. Call our agents on 020 3137 1339 to find out your best option at that specific time.
Why do you recommend booking a flight to Delhi with Travelhouseuk?
Travelhouseuk has been providing cheap seats to Delhi to the British people and Indian expats for more than a decade. Many entrepreneurs expanding their companies into India call us for Business Class tickets to Delhi. While we have cultivated our relationship with the Indian Diaspora through word of mouth and social references, we wish to further engage with the South Asian communities and allow them to build trust in our services through the internet as well.
Please take a moment to look at our reviews on Trustpilot – which is an independent website that rates companies according to customer satisfaction. Follow our Facebook page, engage with our happy customers and allow them to convince you to join our clan of loyal patrons. For some, the numbers matter more than social connections. They can call our agents directly on 020 3137 1339 and let us prove our worth by beating your quote and offering you an even better deal on your Delhi flight ticket.
How can I find best offers for the Delhi flights from London?
Travelhouseuk can help you find the last-minute flight to Delhi. While we offer sales and discounts on flights worldwide from the UK, the best deals to flights to India are provided during the Christmas Season, especially on Boxing Day. Please also utilize our “Fly Now Pay Later” option to finance your Delhi Tour and pay for the airfare in instalments after you return.
Cheap Flights to Delhi with Gulf Air
At present, Gulf Air is offering the cheapest flights to Delhi from the London Heathrow Airport. For an adult passenger travelling in Economy Class, the return-ticket to Delhi from London can cost about 399 GBP. That being said, it is also true that fares change almost every day, and one has to keep an eye out to come across the right price
What is the cheapest time of year to fly to Delhi?
If you are a stay-indoors person, then choosing the summer break to visit New Delhi can prove to be more economical. Summer break falls in June, and it’s not a favourable time to explore the city due to heatwaves. Although most Indian expats in the UK take this opportunity to visit their families in Delhi because flights come cheaper than any other month.
However, if you are looking forward to exploring the city’s notable attraction as a tourist, it is advised to book earlier to secure cheap flights to Delhi.
Is there a major international airport in Delhi?
Indra Gandhi International Airport (DEL) is the busiest airport in India after Mumbai Airport. The airport served 70 million passengers in 2019, out of which 19 million were non-Indian travellers. The airport is only 16 kilometres from New Delhi’s bustling city centre and is connected with the Delhi Metro.
What is the best time to visit Delhi?
The best time to visit this remarkable historical city is in the autumn lasting up to early spring; that is between October and March. It is the time when both temperature and humidity begin to drop after a rainy monsoon and the sweltering months of June and August. Chilly winters give way to a pleasant spring season when nature is at its best in the city, blossoming with beautiful colours all around Delhi.
What are the major landmarks in Delhi?
A city divided into two halves Old and New Delhi is bustling with a population of over 20 million. The tour of Delhi can prove to be a very intimate and magical experience. A city of extreme wealth and outstanding beauty stands out with lush green gardens all around the ever-expanding city.
- Lal Qila or the Red Fort is one of the UNESCO’s world heritage sites. Built by none other than Shah Jahan, the Mughal emperor in the 1640’s it is a masterpiece of Mughal dynasty. It represents the peak of the Mughal power and stands tall high in the skyline of old and New Delhi to this day. It is one of the most visited sites in India and every month, thousands of tourists come and visit this magnificent piece of Mughal architecture.
- Located at about an hour distance from Delhi Airport, Akshardham Temple is the third largest Hindu temple in the world. Each element of this architecture has a unique spiritual significance. Enriched with Indian’s art and values, the temple showcases the grandeur and bliss in India.
What are the transportation options available to tourists in Delhi?
There are quite several ways to go around Old Delhi and New Delhi. The Delhi Metro is one of the most viable options as it saves you from the endemic traffic jams of the city and is relatively quite cheap. Other options include the yellow-black ambassador taxis and auto-rickshaws. You can rent a car to move around the city at your own pace. Unless of course, you find a driver to slide you through the mayhem of the city’s traffic.
Which five-star hotels and accommodation are available for stay in Delhi?
Most of the award-winning hotels are located in posh areas of Delhi. You also get upscale hotels near to the airport and metro stations. During the peak season of tourism, it is advised to book in advance to get reasonable rates. Contrary to this, numerous budget level accommodations can also be found abundantly in the city premises. You may choose any one of the following:
- Shangri-La’s Eros Hotel,
- The Lodhi
- Shangri-La’s Eros Hotel, New Delhi
- Pride Plaza Hotel
- JW Marriott Hotel