Cheap flights to Boston
Cheapest price to
(from London Heathrow)
fr £ N/A
Recent flight searches for cheap tickets to Boston
which Airlines Operate Flights To Boston from uk?
- Virgin Atlantic
- British Airways
- United Airlines
- American Airlines
- Delta Airlines
- Air France
- Alitalia Airline
- Aer Lingus
How long is the flight to Boston from UK?
- The direct flight from London Heathrow Airport to Boston is 6 hours and 30 minutes long. Many airlines including British Airways, American Airlines, Finnair and Iberia Airlines provide direct flights to Boston from London and back.
- Direct flights from London Gatwick to Boston International airport is 6 hours and 20 minutes long.
- Flights from Manchester to Boston are 10 to 13 hours long depending on the airline, with one stopover.
- Flights from Birmingham to Boston are 10 to 12 hours long depending on the airline, with one stop over.
What Are The main International Airports In Boston?
Logan International Airport (BOS) serves the city of Boston. The airport has 6 runways for aeroplanes of various shapes and sizes and is only 8 kilometres away from the city centre. The airport welcomed 36.2 million passengers in 2018 and continues to attract new routes from Avianca, Emirates and Hainan Airlines.
What is the cheapest time of year to fly to Boston?
The cheapest time to fly to Boston is in between January and March. Excluding the first week of January, when prices are still high, Boston goes into the lull of winter for the aforementioned period. Though some of the seasonal attractions of the city would be absent, most museums, theatres and malls remain open and welcome the tourists with a warm smile.
What are the entry requirements to Boston for British travellers?
UK passport holders can enter the United States under the VWP or Visa Waiver Program. There are, however, certain conditions that need to be met before the travel.
Please ensure that your UK passport describes you as a 'British Citizen'. You are required to use an ePassport, that contains a microchip with the information of the individual and your information must be attested by ESTA (Electronic System of Travel Authorization). It is important that you have no or negligible criminal history. You must also not be a dual national of Iran, Iraq, Sudan or Syria, nor should you have had travelled to Libya, Iran, Iraq, Somalia, Sudan, Syria or Yemen, since March 2011. The customs agent could ask you to prove how you would fund yourself while you are in the country.
What is the best time to visit Boston?
The best time to visit Boston is in the summer, preferably from June to October. Though the city is swarming with tourists then, but Boston is big enough for the entire lot! With most of the city’s cultural festivities happening in the summer, the season remains the ideal time to visit the city. That being said, Christmas in Boston has its own charm too.
What are the major landmarks in Boston?
Boston is the city for young minds. It’s the educational hub of America, and many top universities of the country are present in the city. The architecture and landmarks also, for the most part, circulate around education and literacy. The city is also heavy with the American patriotism and pride.
- The Freedom Trail in Boston is a pathway which connects the different landmarks of the city that are associated with American history. This walkway was built in 1951 and connects the oldest park in the US, the Boston Common, to the Massachusetts State House, then to the Old Statehouse, which is among the oldest buildings in America, all the way up to the Bunker Hill Monument. Truly, the trail is a pilgrimage into the American Soul.
- The Boston Public library has the single largest collection of books in the United States after the Library of the Congress in Washington. The library houses 19 million volumes and 23.7 million books. Every resident of the city is eligible to borrow books from the library and the library continuously distributes material to educate the masses.
- The Printing Office of Edes & Gill is a must visit by people who are looking for that old-school charm. The printing press is still intact and makes copies of books, like they used to in the old days, by using a stone surface and carved composing sticks. Each page is placed in the press by hand as they used to do, all those years ago.
Which events and festivals are celebrated in Boston?
As soon as the city melts off the last layers of snow in March, grand festivals and events begin to pop up throughout the city. April welcomes the famous Boston Marathon, a 50-kilometre race through the city, to promote health awareness. The Patriots day celebrations witness the reenactments of the fallen heroes of American history, namely Paul Revere and William Dawes. On the American independence day, a parade to celebrate American patriotism marches out from Boston downtown.
What are the transportation options available to tourists within Boston?
The city of Boston is well connected with road, rail, subways and even water ferries. The city also has a limited Amtrak network. The Boston subway is called “the T” by Bostonians, and the subway system has 4 major lines that tunnel under the city, bringing residents closer to their workplaces. Moreover, tourists can walk or rent a bicycle and tour the city on their own. All of these transportation facilities make Boston a great place to go about and around.
Which five star hotels and accommodation are available for stay in Boston?
There are many hotel accommodations available in the city of Boston. Being one of the most important and old cities in New England, most posh hotels have retained their post-colonial American charm. Throw your own Boston tea party at the following hotels.
- Boston Harbor Hotel
- Mandarin Oriental, Boston
- The Liberty, A Luxury Collection Hotel
- InterContinental Boston
- XV Beacon