Cheap flights to Chicago
Known for its cultural diversity, architecture and art, Chicago is also called the ‘Windy City’. The city is considered lucky to have marks of famous artists such as Dubuffet, Picasso, Miro and Chagall.
Climate and Best Time to Visit:
Chicago`s weather has been classified as continental and humid. The summers are hot with humidity level fairly high. Springs and autumns are pleasant with low humidity levels. The winters are very cold and snowy. The temperature in summer goes as high 75 °F and in winter it goes as lows as 28°F below freezing.
Major Attractions and Sights to see:
With a lot of sites related to art and history, there are also some other tourist attractions you would be interested in.
Art Institute of Chicago: The Art Institute of Chicago has a great collection of artwork including sculptures, paintings, textiles, prints and photography. The institute is a world-class facility owing to its collections. The building of the institute was built in 1893 and designed by Rutan, Shepley and Coolidge. Since then, many more buildings have been added to the facility.
Field Museum of Natural History: Founded in 1893, the Field Museum of Natural History features almost 20 million specimens and relics. They cover a wide range of subjects like botany, zoology, geology and anthropology. Permanent exhibitions include cultures of North America, Central America, South America and Ancient Egypt.
Museum of Science and History: Dedicated to the application of industrial and technological development, the Museum of Science and History is considered the best museum in Chicago. The distinct feature of this museum is the ``hands on exhibits``. People are allowed to touch and interact with the exhibits. Moreover there is also an OMNIMAX theatre.
Oriental Institute Museum: The Oriental Institute Museum is dedicated to the art and archeology of the Near East. The exhibits include quarries from Iraq, Israel, Turkey, Sudan and Egypt.
Shakespeare Theater: The Shakespeare Theater has been built to portray Shakespeare`s style of storytelling. The facility has 500 seats in the courtyard theater and a 200-seat flexible black box theater.
Navy Pier: The Navy Pier is Chicago`s most popular tourist attractions. When it was opened in 1916, it was an amusement area and a shipping facility. Now the whole area covers about 50 acres and features various attractions such as gardens, parks, concert venues and restaurants. The 150 feet Ferris makes it easily recognizable from a distance. There is also an IMAX theater nearby.
Willis Tower SkyDeck: Want to experience the view of Chicago from a high point? The Willis Tower SkyDeck is around 1450 feet tall and the highest observation area is on the 103th floor at the height of 1350 feet. There is a glass box with glass floors that allow you to view the ground from under your feet. On a clear day with very good visibility, the view is visible up to 50 miles around the area and you get a bird`s eye view of Chicago.
Michigan Avenue: Considered to be one of the most attractive boulevards of the US, the Michigan Avenue has many attractions such as the Wrigley Building, Tribune Tower and Hancock Center. The road is also known as the Magnificent Mile which has various galleries, high-class shops and boutiques.
Shedd Aquarium: Opened in 1930, the aquarium contains around 30,000 sea creatures. It was once the largest aquarium in the whole world and recently it has had record annual visits, the most recent one was in 2007.
Lincoln Park Conservatory: The Lincoln Park Conservatory is a botanical garden located in Lincoln Park. It contains thousands of plants including seasonal flowers and tropical species all in a glass doomed structure.
Hotels and Accommodation:
Chicago, being one of the major cities of US, has no shortage of classy hotels. Here are some hotels you may be interested in:
Waldorf Astoria Chicago: The Waldorf Astoria Chicago features a very elegant design and theme. The rooms are stylish with fashionable furnishings. Previous customers have given very positive feedback due to its outstanding customer service.
Four Seasons Hotel Chicago: The biggest upside to Four Seasons Hotel Chicago is its convenient location. All the popular restaurants shops and clubs are here. Moreover, the spa is a great place for relaxing. The rooms have elegant themes with modern updates installed such as LCD TVs and sound systems.
The Peninsula Chicago: The Peninsula features a Hong Kong`s multicultural theme with a touch of the Midwest. The rooms have a very comfortable theme; lavish furniture and all the modern luxuries such as a station that helps you manage temperature, lights and TV. Moreover, there is a fitness center, a spa and the Shanghai Terrace restaurant.
The Langham: This hotel just opened recently and already it has received very positive reviews. The location is very convenient and the service is also brilliant. The rooms are fitted with 55-inch TVs and washrooms have soaking tubs and rain showers. The on-site restaurant is also praised for its great services.
Recent flight searches for cheap tickets to Chicago 2020/2021
Airlines that operates flights to Chicago
- Iceland Air
- British Airways
- American Airlines
- United Airlines
- Swiss Airlines
- Brussels Airlines
- Virgin Atlantic
- Air Canada
- Fin Air
- Delta Airlines
How long is the flight to Chicago from different UK airports?
- Fly to Chicago (ORD) from Heathrow Airport (LHR) with BA: 8 hours and 35 minutes
- London to Chicago (ORD) Flights with United Airlines: 8 hours and 40 minutes
- Fly with American Airlines from Heathrow to Chicago (ORD): 8 hours and 35 minutes
- Flights to Chicago (ORD) from UK (Manchester) with American Airlines : 8 hours and 35 minutes
- UK (Birmingham) to Chicago (ORD) with Delta Airlines via Amsterdam: 10 hours and 54 minutes
What is the weekly flight schedule of different airlines flying from UK to Chicago?
- American Airlines: Return flights to Chicago from UK are scheduled for seven days a week from Monday to Sunday.
- United Airlines: With UA, fly to Chicago on daily basis.
- British Airways: BA undertakes regular flights to Chicago from UK.
- Swiss Airlines: Fly with LX, on any given day of the week.
- Virgin Atlantic: VS is a great facilitator of one-stop cheap flights to Chicago from London Heathrow.
- Delta Airlines: Daily flights to Chicago (O'Hare International Airport) from Heathrow Airport are available for booking.
- KLM: KLM makes regular flights to Chicago (ORD) from Heathrow Airport.
- Air Canada: Flights to Chicago are operated on all the seven days of the week.
- American Airlines: Avail flights to Chicago (ORD) from UK (Manchester Airport) on any given day of the week.
- British Airways: BA offers flights to Chicago from UK (MAN) through all the days of the week.
- KLM: With KL, One stop flights may be opted to fly from Manchester to Chicago on any of the seven days of the week.
- Iberia Air: Flight Connections are scheduled on regular basis for flights to Chicago from UK.
British Airways, American Airlines and United Airlines are the most-preferred airlines for direct flights to Chicago from UK.
What is the standard luggage allowance of different airlines flying from UK to Chicago?
- British Airways allow you to carry checked in baggage which includes 1 bag of 23 kg for adults in Economy Class and 2 bags of 32 kg each for Business Class flights.
- In adherence to standard baggage allowance of American Airlines, Checked in baggage of 23 kg is allowed with an Economy Class ticket, whereas if you choose to travel in Business Class flights or First Class then you can take 2 and 3 bags weighing 23 kg each respectively.
- While flying with Delta Air, you may carry two bags of23 kg each in Basic Economy Class and 2 bags of 32 kg each in Business Class, which is also known as Delta Premium Class.
- Iberia Air mentions the standard baggage to be a bag of 23 kg such that an economy class traveller can carry a single bag where as Business Class may opt to pack as much as they can in 2 standard bags only.
- KLM, following the baggage allowance standardization, would take up to 1 bag of 23 kg in Economy Class and 2 bags of 32 kg each in Business Class.
- If you choose to fly with United Airlines, standard baggage allowance is 23 kg for United Economy and 32 kg for United Business Class.
- While providing the best of in-flight entertainment, Iceland Air allows Economy Class travellers to carry one bag of 23 kg; Economy Comfort lets you take 2 bags of 23 kg whereas 2 bags of 32 kg are permitted in Saga Class.
- With Virgin Atlantic, your baggage allowance is expected to be 1 bag of 23 kg for Economy Class. 2 bags of 23 kg for Premium Economy and 3 bags of 32 kg for Business Class.
What are the top tourist points in Chicago?
Known to be one of the largest cities of the US, Chicago rests near the Lake Michigan in Illinois. The bold and fascinating architecture that dots the city and the ever rising skyscrapers are some of the attractions that Chicago is popular for.
- Skyscrapers: The iconic skyscrapers include the John Hancock Center which rises to over 1400 feet and following its lead are the Willis Tower and the neo Gothic Tribune Tower making its mark on the skyline of the city. Another spectacular, Willis Tower Sky Deck provides a stunning view of the entire city and its marvelous architecture.
- Museums: Explore the wide range of museums that make this city stand apart from the rest.The extensive collection of the Art Institute houses more than three hundred thousand pieces of treasure. Known to be one of the best museums in the world, the Art Institute of Chicago is a must visit for those who crave art and literature. Yet another popular, the Museum of Science and Industry is one of the most impressive museums of Chicago. With a collection of over 20 million artifacts, Columbian Museum of Chicago covers a variety of disciplines. In addition to that, Oriental Institute Museum is another jewel of the city which is dedicated solely to archeology and displays some of the most unique pieces taken from Egypt, Turkey, Sudan and many other countries.
Other notable tourists highlights in Chicago:
- Millennium Park: Head over to the Millennium Park and experience the Jay Pritzker Pavilion which is an outdoor wonder. Venue for many important events and concerts, this pavilion is without doubt the biggest attraction of the park.
- Michigan Avenue: Visit Chicago to view one of the most beautiful boulevards in America, the Michigan Avenue is located on the northern part of the Chicago River. It houses innumerable galleries, luxury shops and many other boutiques that will ignite shopping spree. The Hancock Center and the Tribune Tower makes this avenue even more spectacular.
- Shakespeare Theatre: Amidst the world’s famous tourist point, take a trip to the seven stories Shakespeare Theatre is not only pleasing to the eyes because of its exterior however; it hosts some of the most beautifully staged performances. The glass curtain walled theatre can sear over 500 people and also has a flexible black box.
- Garfield Park Conservatory: A part from the museums and skyscrapers, Nature lovers usually plan a short trip to the historic botanical gardens. The wide collection of flora and fauna makes it the prime destination of natural landscapes and beauties.
How to get to the Chicago city center from the airport?
Chicago O'Hare International Airport offers a number of convenient and efficient transport options.
B y Train: An efficient and modern train network, from the Blue Line of the CTA's 'L', departs the terminal from an underground station. These trains connect the airport to the Loop and the West Side of Chicago city. The underground station for the trains can be accessed via the pedestrian tunnels from Terminals 1, 2, and 3. CTA rides also boasts to be one of the easiest and cheapest modes of reaching the airport as it doesn’t entail extra charges charged for parking or taxis.By Shuttle and Bus Services
Shuttle and bus centre is located on the ground level of the Main Parking Garage that can also easily be accessed via the pedestrian tunnels from Terminal 1, 2, and 3. Regional buses to Indiana, Iowa, and Wisconsin also operate from this bus center. Shuttle service companies connect the airport to downtown Chicago and usually charge an approximate of $15 to $25 for a one-way ride to/from downtown Chicago.By Taxis
Taxis and limo service also operate from outside of Chicago O'Hare International Airport. Fares charged by the taxicabs are approximately $35 to $40 to downtown Chicago.By Renting a Car
Many Car rental agencies also have their booths at the airport. This will be a more convenient option if your stay in the city is for a longer period of time.
Where to stay in Chicago?
Chicago offers a range of accommodation options catering to the varied tastes and budget preferences of people across the globe. Chicago hotels are also frequently rated as one of the best in the world. Of the high-end category; Chicago boasts of some of the world's most luxurious hotel towers known for their extravagant living topped with an impeccable service. Chicago is also home to an abundance of some of the leading international chain of luxury hotels and resorts so it makes it easy to find accommodation in one of your favourite hotel chains. Hotel towers near the riverfront, the airport and some of Chicago's known attractions are easy to find. Few top-notch h five star hotels are listed here;
- Conrad Hotel
- Intercontinental Hotel
- Park Hyatt
- The Ritz Carlton Hotel
- Four Season Hotel
Downtown Chicago is where you will find a wide range of hotels to choose from. Many family-friendly properties are also scattered throughout downtown. Rooms usually come with an indulgent view of the surrounding skyscrapers of the city. Moreover, a vigilant and timely booking may help you find some of the finest accommodation in lowest rates possible. Last minute bookings are highly discouraged though.
- Always consider using the train (EI) for travelling within the city. It is cost-effective and also offers you some of the best views of the city.
- Travelling during the summer months is advisable especially if you're seeking some beach action.
- Visiting the famed Navy Pier can get quite expensive. Expect it also to be very crowded during the summers.
- Make sure you check upon the prevalent weather in Chicago during your intended days of travel and pack accordingly. Winters in Chicago can get extremely chilly while summers hot. Be sure to pack your sunblocks and hats if travelling during the summer months.
FAQs about Chicago
I am flying to Chicago this week, can you recommend any hotels?
The exciting city of Chicago has numerous contemporary hotels ranging from 4-star to 5-star accommodations that are located in the downtown areas of the city. The top rated 4-star hotel of Chicago is Sofitel Chicago Water Tower situated at the Magnificent Mile. Other 4-star hotels are Hilton Chicago- Michigan Ave Cultural Mile, the Drake Hotel and the Silversmith Hotel. Hotels like Belden Stratford Hotel and Conrad Chicago include in the list of 5-star hotels of Chicago.