Cheap one-way & return flights to Atlanta from London
Flights from Atlanta to London
What airlines operate flights to Atlanta, GA?
- Delta Airlines
- Air France
- American Airlines
- Virgin Atlantic Airlines
- British Airways
- United Airlines
- Air Canada
How long is the flight from London to Atlanta, GA?
- Heathrow to Atlanta: 4 hours and 15 minutes
- Manchester to Atlanta: 4 hours and 5 minutes
- Birmingham to Atlanta flight with a stopover: 6 hours and 40 minutes
What are the main international airport in Atlanta, GA?
The one and only Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL) serves the city of Atlanta and all of the US. The airport is a major transit terminal, as it resides right at the centre of the mainland United States. The airport, moreover, is only 11 kilometres away from the financial centre of the city. It has five runways, all more than 2.7 kilometres long. Being the busiest airport in America, it has handled 104 million passengers in 2017. Such is the influence of this airport on American culture that an old southern joke goes about.
"When you die, whether going to Heaven or Hell, you have to change at Atlanta first”.
What is the cheapest time of year to fly to Atlanta, GA?
The winter is the most budget-friendly season. There are fewer tourists around because of the cold and you can enjoy all the attractions to the fullest. To visit this city any time of the year you can get cheap flights to Atlanta, without any sort of accommodation options.
What are the entry requirements to Atlanta, GA for British travellers?
UK passport holders can enter the United States under the VWP or Visa Waiver Program. There are, however, certain conditions that need to be met before the travel.
Please assure that your UK passport describes you as a 'British Citizen'. You are required to use an ePassport, that contains a microchip with the information of the individual and you must be attested by ESTA (Electronic System of Travel Authorization). It is important that you have a no or negligible criminal history. You must not be are a dual national of Iran, Iraq, Sudan or Syria, nor you have travelled to Libya, Iran, Iraq, Somalia, Sudan, Syria or Yemen since March 2011. The customs agent could ask you to prove how you would fund yourself while you are in the country.
What is the best time to visit Atlanta, GA?
Atlanta is a very happening place and there is always something to look forward to while visiting the city. However, the best time to visit is during the summer season, that is, from May to August. During this time the calendar is choke full of exclusive concerts, festivals and variety of activities. Spring and autumn are quite pleasant and favourable for those who do not want to experience the heat of summers. No matter what age or taste you have, Atlanta has bags of entertainment options for you. You can also choose to travel to the city during the low season to get affordable travelling and lodging options.
What are the major landmarks in Atlanta, GA?
Atlanta is the capital of the state of Georgia and holds an important place for its association to the Civil War. This city is a gem for the history buffs especially for those who desire to contemplate and learn about the African American revolutionist Martin Luther King Jr. Apart from its historical significance, it has a bustling nightlife scene, exquisite attractions for families, extraordinary gastronomic delights, museums, theatres, sports complexes and a number of outdoor activities for the visitors.
- Make the learning fun by visiting the Atlanta Zoo in the Grant Park. It inhibits more than 1500 animals including reptiles, amphibians, mammals and birds. The Grant Park is the oldest park in America and it lies on the Eastside, with a beautiful Victorian neighbourhood. It is a natural oasis with expansive green space perfect for recreation and outdoor activities.
- The gigantic Georgia Aquarium is an amazing place to visit in downtown Atlanta. It is the largest in the country encompassing around 10 million gallons of water and has 120,000 animal species including beluga whale, manta rays, whale sharks, sea otters, dolphins and lobsters. A new sea lion exhibit has also bedazzled the aquarium.
- To bask in the legacy of Luther King Jr. visit the Auburn Avenue and to get hold of other historical landmarks, visit the civil war sites at Kennesaw and Marietta in the neighbourhood. Then there is the National Center of Human Right and CNN in the same locality.
Which events and festivals are celebrated in Atlanta, GA?
The City of Atlanta is coloured with the colours of the American flag. In many ways, it is the intersection point between all the cultures that thrive in the country. The city also encourages people to express themselves, speak out and be their truest selves.
- The Atlanta Dogwood Festival celebrated art and design. Atlanta is among the greenest metropolitan cities in the United States, waits for the local Dogwood trees to blossom. Under their shade, artists exhibit their wonders. For art lovers, Atlanta is the place to be in mid-April. You would be able to see all kinds of artists presenting masterpieces of sculpture, paintings, pottery, jewellery, photography and much more.
- The Atlanta Street Alive festival is an imitation of the Columbian Festival of Ciclovia but has grown to be more famous. On this October Sunday, cars and buses are grounded. Participants of the festival turn to the streets on bicycles, skateboards and scooters. The festival promotes healthy living and has now over a hundred thousand participants each year.
- Festival Peachtree Latino is the festival that celebrates the city’s large Latino population. Expect to be pulled into a tango dance with a random stranger immediately. The Puerto Ricans, Columbians and the Mexicans celebrate their culture and introduce the spice of Central Americas to the USA.
What are the transportation options available to tourists within Atlanta, GA?
With 91 bus transit routes and 1900 licensed taxis, getting around in Atlanta is a breeze. These days Uber has made it even easier for a cheap and comfortable transportation. Even though the city does not have a mass transit system, it does well at keeping the citizens rotate between home and workplaces with just the extensive bus system. The city also has an extremely well-developed road and rail network.
Which five star hotels and accommodation are available for stay in Atlanta, GA?
Atlanta offers a variety of lodging options. Make your reservation in advance to get hold of some affordable deals and cheap flights to Atlanta. Downtown Atlanta has the poshest and lavish hotels, offering luxury stay such as:
- Twelve Centennial Park
- Hilton Atlanta, Glenn Hotel
- The Ritz Carlton
- Quality Inn Northeast
- The Hyatt Place
- Hampton Inn,
- Country Inn and Suites Atlanta.
This city can be worth a visit for the travellers with any budget spectrum. Just a little deliberation is required and you can have a blast in this beautiful metropolitan.
Flights and flight-inclusive holidays on this website are financially protected by the ATOL scheme. However some are not and at time of booking you confirm what protection is applicable. This website is a part of Moresand Ltd (registration no. 02114691) T/A Travelhouseuk registered in England and wales . Office , 10-11 Percy St, Fitzrovia, London W1T 1DN. All bookings protected under the ATOL scheme will receive an ATOL certificate. In cases where a part payment is made that flight booking is ATOL protected. In some cases a certificate does not indicate all the trip segments - this means the omitted parts are not ATOL protected). Please refer to our booking conditions for further information please visit www.atol.org.uk/ATOLCertificate