Cheap flights to Queenstown
Recent flight searches for cheap tickets to Queenstown 2019
Which Airlines Fly To Queenstown From UK?
- Air New Zealand
- Virgin Australia
- Qantas Airways
- Qatar Airways
- British Airways
Are There Any Direct Flights For Queenstown From UK?
There are no direct flights for Queenstown at present. Only connecting flights are available from major airports in the United Kingdom. Virgin Australia, Qantas Airways, Emirates, Qatar Airways, Air New Zealand, and British Airways offer indirect flights to Queenstown from the UK.
What Is The Flight Duration From UK To Queenstown?
- The minimum flight duration from London Heathrow to Queenstown is 26 hours with Virgin Australia. This is a two-stop flight via Singapore and Melbourne.
- From London Gatwick to Queenstown, the minimum flight duration is 29 hours on a code-shared flight with Emirates and Qantas Airways. Dubai and Sydney are the two stopovers.
- The total flight duration from Manchester to Queenstown is 28 hours on code-shared flights with Qatar Airways and Air New Zealand. These are two-stop flights via Doha and Sydney.
- It takes 29 hours for a flight to reach Queenstown from Birmingham. This flight is operated by Emirates and Air New Zealand (code-shared). The flight is via Dubai and Melbourne.
- The flight duration from Edinburgh to Queenstown is 30 hours minimum via Dubai and Sydney. Emirates and Air New Zealand operate these flights on a code-share basis.
Which Is The Major Airport In Queenstown?
Queenstown Airport, having an IATA code ZQN, is the receiving airport for cheap flights to Queenstown from the UK. At a distance of 8 kilometres from centre city Queenstown, the airport is not far off. Serving primarily as a domestic airport, Queenstown Airport also handles international flights (to and from Australia exclusively). Australian airports are a gateway to Queenstown.
When Is The Best Time To Visit Queenstown?
Skiing heaven in every winter and hiker’s paradise in summer, Queenstown offers tourism activities at any given time of the year. Spring falls in September, October and November; this is possibly the best time to visit Queenstown Gardens. On average, the temperatures during daytime hang around 9 °C. Like other cities in New Zealand, Queenstown is a four-season tourist destination. The summers (December to February) are vibrant and the time usually coincides with the holidays in New Zealand.
Which Are The Popular Tourist Attractions In Queenstown?
Nestled in the serene and scenic South Island of New Zealand, Queenstown has been attracting masses of tourists in a picturesque small town covering a few but truly worth watching sites for the trekkers.The Lake Wakatipu:
Located at the edge and displaying serpentine beauty, Lake Wakatipu is part of Queenstown‘s endless beauty which is mesmerising for tourists of all ages. Because of this fact, the lake has been used as a filming spot for many famous movies like The Lord of the Rings.The Walter Peak High Country Farm:
Cruising on TSS Earns law (iconic vintage steamship) is the best way to take tours from the framed lake to the Walter Peak High Country Farm. Experiencing the alpine scenery on your leisure tour, and other activities like champion horse trekking and side-trips to heritage sites can also be a significant part of your visit.The Mountain Ranges:
As regards famous mountain ranges, the Remarkables offers some of the best scenic views of Queenstown. Without any doubt, it is an amazing spot for skiers in winter and hikers in summer. Surprisingly, Queenstown also offers you with adrenaline pumping activities like sky diving, paragliding, hang gliding, and many more. The Coronet Peak carries on enthralling its visitors from all age-groups for years. Spring is the perfect time to breathe in the freshly scented air in the midst of alpines.The Botanic Gardens
Variety of native vegetation is royally treated in the residential gardens known as Queenstown’s Botanic Gardens. This is the right place for a family day out and a picnic.Honourable Mentions:
Milford Sound, Skippers Canyon, Route burn Track, Lake Wanaka, Hollyford Track, Lake Hayes, Sky City Queenstown are other popular destinations in Queenstown where locals, as well as foreigners, are likely to lay out their retreat in an enjoyable manner.
Which Are The Best Hotels In Queenstown For Travellers?
- Hotel St Moritz
- Queenstown Park Boutique Hotel
- Swiss-Belsuites Pounamu
- The Rees Hotel
- Mantra Marina Best 4-Star Hotels:
- Ramada Suites by Wyndham
- Mercure Queenstown Resort
- Heritage Queenstown
- Kinross Cottages
- Nugget Point Queenstown Hotel
- Caples Court Motel
- Earnslaw Lodge
- Heartland Hotel
- Kamana Lakehouse
- Mi-Pad Smart Hotel