020 3137 9154
Cheap flights to Queenstown
Recent flight searches for cheap tickets to Queenstown
Which Airlines operate flights to Queenstown from UK?
Air New Zealand is the only honored airline with one scheduled flight to Queenstown from the United Kingdom. It serves only London Heathrow on regular basis. Auckland is a focal point for all flights of Air New Zealand en route to Queens town Airport on its one stop flights. In case of flights involving duo stopovers, Los Angeles is an added stopover. You are at liberty to opt flights from Gatwick, Manchester and Birmingham, where from flight route to Queenstown is operated by multiple flight connections.
Which is the most preferred flight route to Queenstown from UK?
The most preferred flight route from London Heathrow to Queenstown Airport is via Auckland.
How long is the flight to Queenstown from UK?
The flight that climbs altitude from London Heathrow on Air New Zeeland is expected to land at the Queenstown Airport in minimum 29h 35m inclusive of a stopover for about 1h 35m in Auckland. An average time for air travel may vary depending upon the time of stopover duration.
What is the daily flight schedule of airlines that fly to Queenstown from UK?
Air New Zealand professionally manages to operate only one flight on daily basis from London Heathrow to Queenstown Airport.
Which is the main airport in Queenstown?
Queenstown International Airport (ZQN) is the main airport in Queenstown. It caters to all the in bound flights as well as domestic flights within New Zealand. Moreover, it is located at the distance of 8 km from the main city centre which has copious accommodation options.
Do I need a visa to enter Queenstown with a British Passport?
If you have a British Passport, you are allowed to enter Queenstown, New Zealand as a visitor and stay up to 6 months. All you need to make sure is that you meet the requirements of all immigration rules. A valid return ticket is also mandatory in this regard.
What is the best time to go to Queenstown?
Skiing heaven in every winter and hiker’s paradise in summer, Queenstown offers tourism activities at any given time of the year. Like all other New Zealand metropolis, Queenstown stands all four distinct seasons; blossoming spring falls in the months of September, October and November; articular summery festival in December, January and February; truckload of snowy winters comes in June, July and August whereas autumnal equinox prevails in March, April and May. Every season have its extraordinary charm followed by adrenaline evoking activities and panoramic views of the city. Spring season is so vibrant yet peaceful which is possibly the best time to visit Queenstown Gardens. Skerrick dusting of snow on mountains makes the view so exquisite for the visitors. Summer period usually coincide with the holidays in New Zealand. Busy yet pleasant in terms of bright and balmy weather, Queenstown offers the holiday-makers a good opportunity to enjoy Queenstown Hill Time Walk.
What are the top tourist attractions and places to see in Queenstown?
Nestled in the serene and scenic of South Island of New Zealand, Queenstown is a complete show off. Since years, it has been attracting masses of tourists in a picturesque small town covering a few but truly worth watching sites for the trekkers.
- Located at the periphery and displaying serpentine beauty, Lake Wakatipu is the part of Queenstown‘s endless beauty which is mesmerizing for tourists of all age-groups. Due to the fact, the lake has been used as a filming spot for many famous movies like The Lord of the Rings; it increases the temptation for visitors who are curious to discover such wonderful sights.
- Cruising on TSS Earns law (vintage iconic steamship) is the best way to take tours from the framed lake to the Walter Peak High Country Farm. Experiencing the alpine scenery on your leisure tour, and other activities like champion horse trekking and ostentatious heritage sites tour can also be a significant part of your exploration of amazing Lake Wakatipu. Nomads as well as the day-trippers from far flung countries both find it irresistible to skip trout-fishing on the lake. Surprisingly, Queenstown also offers you with adrenaline propelling activities like 4wd and Quad biking, Acrobatic flights, rafting, river surfing, sky diving, paragliding, hang gliding, bungy, flying foxes, swings and many more.
- Whilst the famous mountain ranges, Remarkables is known to have a most scenic view of the Queenstown. Without any doubt, it is an amazing spot for skiers in winter and hikers in summer. This dramatic series of elevation is dominated by the duo cones whereby single cone is the highest peak in these phenomenal mountain ranges.
- Coronet Peak relentlessly carries on enthralling its visitors from all age-groups since years. Greenhorns to the powder-hounds and most experienced skiers are privileged to have their outlying skiing vicinity. Spring is the perfect time to breathe in fresh scented air back dropping with the series of alpines coupled with seasonal flora and fauna. Variety of native vegetation in royally treated residential gardens comprises a major portion of Queenstown’s Botanic Gardens. Milford Sound, Skippers Canyon, Route burn Track, Lake Wanaka, Hollyford Track, Lake Hayes, Sky City Queenstown are other popular destinations in Queenstown where locals as well as commuters are likely to lay out their retreat in an enjoyable manner.
Where to stay in Queenstown?
The fully expanded hotel industry in Queenstown is indulged in gratifying to the needs of all sort of customers ranging from backpackers to hotels, motels, aloof apartments, self catering lodges, hosted bed and breakfast and opulent clandestine retreats. Do not be misguided with the price tags, Queenstown make sure to provide undoubtedly warm and welcoming hospitality. Located in the close proximity to the city’s top attractions, hotel industry is catering to the needs of customers with all pocket sizes.
Which five star standard accommodations are available in Queenstown?
Considering your financial plan, you have a choice to be facilitated by any one of the following five and four accommodations. All are equipped with the top notch amenities, exuberantly-styled furnishings offering contemporary standards of living. Besides, it also boasts indulgent panoramic views of the lake and mountains.
- Sofitel Queenstown Hotel and Spa
- Heritage Queenstown
- Hotel Novotel Queenstown Lakeside
- Mantra Marina
- Crowne Plaza Queenstown
- The Dairy Private Luxury Hotel
- Heritage Queenstown
- Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa
- Tanoa Aspen Hotel
- Millennium Hotel Queenstown
- Copthorne Hotel & Apartments Queenstown Lakeview
What are some of the three star hotels and accommodations available in Queenstown?
While on your lodging hunt, you would not find any shortage of hotels that doesn’t correspond with your budget needs. As there is handful of three star and even very budget friendly small, cozy and serviced rooms available. Even the three star hotels uniquely blend the historical culture and modern infrastructure to fascinate the tourists.
- Tranquility Lodge
- Deco backpackers
- Arrowtown Lodge
- Little Paradise Guesthouse
- YHA Queenstown Lakefront
- Bungi Backpackers
- Nomads Queenstown
- Big Night Out
- Hippo Lodge
- Flamming Kiwi Backpackers
- The Ferry Bed and Breakfast
Are there any accommodation options for backpackers or budget travellers in Queenstown?
You have vast and varied options to save your money in motels and self contained apartments that are in huge existence in the Queenstown.
- The Lofts
- Shades of Arrowtown
- Bella Vista Motel Queenstown
- Queenstown Holiday Park Creeksyde
- Colonial Village Motels
- Caples Court