020 3137 9154
Recent flight searches for cheap tickets to Christchurch
Usually, peak season is the time of holidays and festivities when numerous visitors reap the advantage of advance bookings for cheap flights to Christchurch from UK. Tourists en masse is likely to bring slight rise in prices overall. Thus, it’s advisable to outreach travel experts well before time to get your hands on the cheapest airline ticket.
Well, Christchurch is one of the most enticing travelling destinations for tourists whose major concern is about the reasonably pleasant weather. Luckily, it celebrates the charms of all four seasons and makes every month equally enjoyable for the visitors. Every year, autumn brings with itself a plentiful of agricultural yield, most of it used to produce some of the best vintage wine that Christchurch is so famous for. Autumn lingers from March to May. It is a pleasant time to have a wonderful holiday making in Waipara Wine Valley, Selwyn District and Central South Island. The following period till August usually cools off the environment and is explicitly known as the winter season in New Zealand. During this period extreme sports, particularly ski, are at peak. September to November embraces the most pleasant weather in New Zealand. Neither hot nor cold, spring season welcomes the vibrant blossoms and chants new beginnings with the year. Botanic Garden attracts the most visitors during the prevalence of the ever beautiful spring time. You can spend most of your days and evenings in Hanmer Springs Thermal Pools and Spa, Terrace Downs Resort and Rangitata Rafting. Likewise, December to February constitute the summer period whereby daylight keeps you warm till 9 in the evening. It obviously increases tourist activities at Akaroa which is a village with fantastic harbour outlooks, Aoraki Mount Cook National Park and Arthur’s Pass National Park for long walks and hikes.Off Peak Season:
Being so versatile and lively destination, you are least likely to find a time inappropriate to visit Christchurch. Basically, your decision will be influenced by the variety of activities and interests that you are eager to experience.
On the other hand, few are concerned about making a trip without paying through their nose. So as for them to know, prices are quite steep during the high season of tourists specifically in July-August, December- January. Whereas, March to April and then, September –November is the suitable time to find the best budget deals in reasonably serene weather.
- London Heathrow (LHR) to Christchurch International Airport (CHC) via Singapore: 24 hours and 25 minutes
- Heathrow (LHR) to Christchurch International Airport (CHC) via Guangzhou with China Southern Airlines: 30 hours and 35 minutes
- London Heathrow (LHR) to Christchurch International Airport (CHC) via Dubai and Sydney: 27 hours and 40 minutes
- Manchester (MAN) to Christchurch International Airport (CHC) via Dubai: 28 hours and 40 minutes
- Birmingham (BHX) to Christchurch International Airport (CHC) via Dubai: 28 hours and 15 minutes
- London Heathrow to Christchurch International Airport (CHC)., New Zealand:
- Singapore Airlines: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- Air New Zealand: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- Emirates: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- China Southern Airlines: Friday, Sunday, Monday and Wednesday
- Manchester to Christchurch (CHC), New Zealand:
- Emirates: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- Birmingham to Christchurch (CHC), New Zealand:
Emirates: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- To all intents and purposes, Singapore Airlines allows passengers to carry baggage in line with standards set by Global Aviation Authority. In the case of an Economy Class traveller, your baggage should not exceed 30 kg. Premium Economy Class limits the free checked in baggage to be 35 kg, Business Class to be 40 kg and for Suites and First Class it is 40 kg.
- Subsequent to the general standards for baggage, Air New Zealand’s Economy Class, Premium Economy and Business Class passengers are allowed one, two and three bags in a respective manner. Keeping in mind for each class, bags must only weigh up to 23kg.
- When referring to the generous principles of another reputable airline- China Southern Airlines- feel free to take two bags of 23 kg each in Premium Economy Class, two bags of 32 kg in Business Class and three bags of 32 kg each in First Class.
- Emirates already being the preferred choice due to its highly ranked services, also offers a munificent baggage policy. You are permitted to take 35 kg as checked in luggage in Economy Class. While commuting to Christchurch in Business Class, you can carry up to 40 kg and First Class sets you at liberty to clutch 50 kg checked in luggage on your flights.
Home to the International Antarctic Centre, cruises to swim with the playful dolphins and a wildlife park to reconnect with nature, Christchurch is a city located on the east coast of New Zealand.
Start your journey by heading to the Willow Bank, a wildlife park which is one of the biggest parks found in New Zealand. From getting acquainted with some of the scarce agricultural breeds to feeding the fascinating eels, you will find Kiwis, Tuataras, Keas and Kakas, the symbolic parrots of New Zealand. The best feature of Christchurch is an array of endless beaches providing the opportunity to surf and soak up the sun. From Brighton to Sumner, there are a lot of beaches that attract numerous visitors. You may opt to spend your holiday on any beach of your preference depending upon determinants like scenery, amenities, price range and comfort.
The Botanical Gardens at Christchurch are exemplary. The diverse collections of plants can be viewed by taking one of the eight different walking routes. The Hagley Park, located in the Christchurch Central, is divided into seven sections; each one manifests different flowers in their right seasons. Get your map of the gardens and start exploring at your fullest. The Caterpillar Garden Tours, where one gets to take a digital stroll on solar powered electric vehicles while making its way through breathtaking sceneries, and inhaling the aroma of emerald surroundings with radiant variety of flowers, are also worth your time.
One of the major tourist attractions is the International Antarctic Centre. Take a peek into the world of snow and meet the heart melting inhabitants such as the Little Blue Penguins. This is the closest experience to being in Antarctica as the 4D cruise simulations are as electrifying as the real thing. .
If you love digging up the historical bits and pieces, then the Canterbury Museum is a must visit spot at Christchurch for you. The building itself is stunning as it has been a historic structure. Housing exhibits from the Maori and collections of the Antarctic, the Canterbury Museum is an interactive learning opportunity. The Te Ana Maori Rock Art Centre is another favourite of those having passion to explore the historical sites. With a rich cultural heritage, one will find the art galleries and shelves stocked with gems simply overwhelming. .
The Garden City boasts its very own mountain climber who was the first to climb Mount Everest. Sir Edmund Hillary has been given tribute by setting up The Sir Edmund Hillary Alpine Centre to honour him as one of the greatest explorers. The centre provides cinematic experience that takes you on a journey through the Southern Alps and the highest peaks of New Zealand. .
The Air Force Museum of New Zealand is rich in military aviation collections and brings insight into the history of New Zealand’s aviation as well. Carbon copy planes and modern jets are some of the jewels of this centre. Located just minutes away from the focal point of the city, this museum is one of the only interactive attractions of the city. The South Canterbury’s Aviation Heritage Centre is another spot paying tribute to the aircrafts and jets.
Christchurch offers a number of efficient and convenient commuting options for getting around the city. Public transportation options usually include metro buses and taxis. The local buses operate from the Bus Exchange, Lichfield Street. Backpackers usually opt for the cheaper transportation option which is Shuttle by Red Bus Ltd service serving the central areas of the city. Red Bus Ltd also operates a regular bus service connecting various popular tourists as well as business centres in an unfinished city. .
Having a fairly fixed fare board in taxis, many opt for relatively convenient ride on taxi for transportation purposes. And the good thing is, copious taxis are available at any point of the city to facilitate the prospective travellers. .
As in all other developed countries all around the world, you might resort to rent a car service. For that, numerous car rental companies are operating in the city. And if you intend to stay for an extensive period, this is the best option to commute as and when it suits you.
Christchurch offers a range of accommodation options to specifically suit the varying tastes and budget preferences of all. Among the several available options are luxury five-star hotels, self-contained motels, luxury lodges, stunning resorts and budget-savvy bed and breakfast accommodation. The top-end category of accommodations in Christchurch boasts no short of options. From indulgent high-end hotels, classic luxury villas, to customized boutique hotels and resorts, Christchurch offers a range of accommodation options that are guaranteed to live up to your every expectation if not more.
- Worthing Court Apartment Hotel
- Silver Point Hotel
- Sea Breeze Beach Resort
- Bougainvillea Beach Resort
- Yellow Bird Hotel
- Palm Garden Hotel
Many of Christchurch's accommodation options are located at close proximity to the public transport system and the entertainment centres of the city, thereby making it convenient for the guests. The moderate to budget-friendly accommodation options boast moderately sized rooms, laundry facilities and meeting rooms among other facilities. You may opt for:
- Sunbay Hotel
- Accra Beach Hotel & Spa
- Coral Sands Beach Resort
- Ocean Two Resort & Residences
- Meridian Inn