Cheap one-way & return flights to Christchurch from London
Which airlines fly to Christchurch from the UK?
- Singapore Airlines: From Heathrow, Singapore Airlines manages flights to Christchurch via Singapore on a daily basis.
- Emirates: Emirates has an extensive schedule of its daily flights to Christchurch via Dubai.
- Air New Zealand: NZ extends regular flights to Christchurch from Heathrow via Los Angeles and Auckland.
- Qantas Airways: Qantas also offers daily flights to Christchurch via Sydney.
- Qatar Airways: QR has a code-share agreement with Jetstar on flights to Christchurch from Heathrow via Doha and Auckland.
Are there any direct flights for Christchurch from UK?
At present, you will not find any direct flights from the UK to Christchurch. Indirect flights, on the other hand, are available and offered by major international airlines such as Singapore Airlines, Emirates, China Southern Airlines, Qantas Airways, and Air New Zealand.
How long is a flight from UK to Christchurch?
- The minimum flight duration from London Heathrow to Christchurch is 23 hours and 35 minutes on a code-shared flight with Singapore Airlines and Air New Zealand. Singapore is the stopover for these flights.
- From London Gatwick to Christchurch, the shortest flights take 28 hours and 35 minutes. These flights are operated by Emirates and Qantas Airways on a code-share basis. These are two-stop flights via Dubai and Sydney.
- It takes at least 28 hours and 25 minutes for a flight to reach Christchurch from Manchester. Emirates and Qantas Airways offer the shortest connecting code-shared flights via Dubai and Sydney.
- The minimum flight duration from Birmingham to Christchurch is 28 hours and 10 minutes on a code-shared flight between Emirates and Qantas Airways. Dubai and Sydney are the two stopovers on this journey.
- It takes at least 29 hours and 55 minutes to reach Christchurch from Edinburgh with Emirates and Qantas Airways, on a code-shared flight via Dubai and Sydney.
Are there any flights to Christchurch from Manchester?
A good number of international airlines are operating regular flights from Manchester to Auckland, notable being Emirates and Singapore Airlines. All of these are indirect flights (involve stopovers). British Airways, Qatar Airways, Lufthansa, and Etihad Airways offer connecting code-shared flights from the Manchester Airport.
Does Emirates operate flights to Christchurch, New Zealand?
Yes. Emirates is a major operator of flights to Christchurch, New Zealand, from the UK. Flights are offered from all major airports in the United Kingdom: London Heathrow Airport, London Gatwick Airport, London Stansted Airport, Manchester Airport, Edinburgh Airport, Birmingham Airport, and Glasgow Airport. These are all two-stop flights via Dubai and Sydney.
Is there any flight to Christchurch via Singapore?
Singapore Airlines, Qantas Airways, and Virgin Australia fly via Singapore. Any other airline that code-shares with Singapore Airlines also makes a stopover at Singapore Changi Airport. Itself, Singapore Airlines operates from the London Heathrow Airport and Manchester Airport.
Are there any flights from Heathrow to Christchurch?
Several airlines are operating connecting flights from London Heathrow to Christchurch. Emirates, Singapore Airlines, Virgin Australia, Qantas Airways, and New Zealand's flag carrier - Air New Zealand - operate from Heathrow. Departing passengers may choose the airline that suits their needs.
Are there any China Southern flights for Christchurch from UK?
Indeed. China Southern Airlines offers flights for Christchurch from UK (London Heathrow). These are indirect flights via Guangzhou and take 30 hours to complete their journey.
Is it possible to go from London to Christchurch via USA?
With Air New Zealand, yes you can. The airline offers connecting flights to Christchurch via Los Angeles and Auckland. Air New Zealand flights depart from the Heathrow Airport in London.
Which is the best time to visit Christchurch?
September to November embraces the most pleasant weather in New Zealand. Neither hot nor cold, the spring season welcomes vibrant blossoms and chants new beginnings. Botanic Garden attracts the most visitors during this time of the year. You can spend most of your days and evenings in Hanmer Springs Thermal Pools and Spa, Terrace Downs Resort and Rangitata Rafting. Autumn lingers from March to May. It is a pleasant time for a vacation in the Waipara Wine Valley, the Selwyn District and the Central South Island.
Which is the main international airport in Christchurch?
Christchurch International Airport, which is about 12 kilometres from centre city Christchurch, is the major international airport in the region. It is also the receiving airport for cheap flights to Christchurch from the United Kingdom. Its IATA code is CHC.
Which are the major tourist attractions in Christchurch?
- Willow Bank: Start your journey by heading to the Willow Bank, a wildlife park which is one of the biggest parks found in New Zealand.
- The Botanical Gardens: The Botanical Gardens at Christchurch are exemplary. The diverse collection of plants can be viewed by taking one of the eight different walking routes.
- International Antarctic Centre: Take a peek into the world of snow and meet the heart-melting inhabitants such as the Little Blue Penguins.
Which are the best hotels in Christchurch for travellers?
- Chateau on the Park
- Rendezvous Hotel
- Airport Gateway Motor Lodge
- Heritage Christchurch
- Pavilions Hotel
Flights and flight-inclusive holidays on this website are financially protected by the ATOL scheme. However some are not and at time of booking you confirm what protection is applicable. This website is a part of Moresand Ltd (registration no. 02114691) T/A Travelhouseuk registered in England and wales . Office , 10-11 Percy St, Fitzrovia, London W1T 1DN. All bookings protected under the ATOL scheme will receive an ATOL certificate. In cases where a part payment is made that flight booking is ATOL protected. In some cases a certificate does not indicate all the trip segments - this means the omitted parts are not ATOL protected). Please refer to our booking conditions for further information please visit www.atol.org.uk/ATOLCertificate