Auckland is a year round destination and weather conditions are pleasant for visitors and locals at any given time. Climate of Auckland withstands all four seasons; spring lasts from September to November, summer period is from December to February, March to May is for fall whereas July and August are mainly characterized as winter season. The time period during November to April is considered to be the peak season for travellers from across the world. During the school vacations in December to January, locals are seen in abundance on different tourism activities. Moreover, you are suggested to plan your trip in accordance with the leisure activities. As a skier, you would most probably plan your trip in early June till October. For hiking, camping and swimming activities, December till February are more suitable months. Due to close proximity to oceans, you are least likely to stand high temperature ranges.
Nestled between the two pristine harbours, the world class adrenaline rushing tourist destination, Auckland is the hallucination of people across the world. The city is gracefully embracing the astounding skyscrapers in the midst of lavish emerald parks, luxurious shopping centres and copious tourist’s magnetism. Sky Tower, known as the tallest man-made building in New Zealand, serves multi-purpose functions along with an exhilarating view which attracts hordes of local inhabitants of New Zealand and overseas tourists. And only if you dare to be truly adventurous and audacious, you would not skip Sky Walk and Sky Jump in any way possible. On the ground level, you will be offered numerous entertaining activities at Sky City Theatre. Star Alliance eateries and restaurants are at hand to fulfil the cravings of an Epicurean throughout the day and night. Likewise, a great number of immaculate islands offering highly regarded amenities are amongst the favourite spots of tourists for a perfect holiday trip. Waiheke Island, Rangitoto Island, Waitemata Harbour, Pakatoa Island, Browns Island, Puketutu Island, Rotoroa Island, Motuihe Island offers bounteous levels of more or less similar revitalizing activities, finest accommodations, and lush restaurants. You will have an opportunity to see eminent yet scarce wildlife, marine creatures and birds including sea lions, yellow eyed penguins, dolphins and whales. Other notable places are the wonderful museums in the heart of Auckland, namely Auckland War Memorial Hospital, Torpedo Bay Navy Museum, New Zealand Maritime Museum and Auckland Art Gallery are the premium ones for a marvellous depiction of historical and modern era.
Irrespective of nomads from across the world, majority are practicing Christianity so religious events are celebrated with enormous zeal and fervour. Other than the purely religious celebrations, there are number of cultural events that lure the tourists to be a part of it. No matter what time of year do you choose to visit Auckland, you would find plentiful of events including concerts and gigs, exhibitions, sports, and Auckland annual events celebrated around you. Some of the most exciting events are as follows:
- The Big Day Out is celebrated annually and most popular bands perform their best artistic music and gather love from the public. Variety of cultural foods, drinks are served to relish the spectators.
- Hero Festival lasts up to ten days whereby the city’s gay and lesbian community celebrates different activities, all to the fullest, to bring joy to their lives. Ties that bind.
- Another enticing celebration is Lantern Festival. Though it was fundamentally celebrated by the Chinese Community, marking it a localized get-together, but now with the passing of time almost everybody becomes a part of this festival and observes traditional Chinese New Year and adorns the streets.
- Events which promote unity and harmony are everyone’s favourite. In the same manner, Auckland whole heartedly welcomes local residents following various pacific cultures during the Pasifika Festival to illustrate different interesting and diverse aspects of their indigenous cultural practices.
- Cheer to a festival that is as exciting for the participants as it is for the onlookers! Lasting up to four days is an extravaganza every March, widely known as Auckland International Boat Show. Sailors from across the globe come to exhibit their exclusive boats.
Other events like Auckland Wine and Food Festival, Auckland Home Show, Ellerslie Flower Show and Christmas are also celebrated passionately.
Considering the subject to be of paramount importance, it is your decision to stay in a worthwhile place that makes your holiday away from home a memorable one. There is no shortage of Five Star accommodations to cheap and cheerful lodgings in the capital city of New Zealand. If you are on a luxury trip and fancy yourself to be treated with royal amenities then go ahead losing the strings of your purse and book a room in any of the following top rated accommodations.
- SKYCITY Grand Hotel
- Hotel DeBrett
- Sofitel Auckland Viaduct Harbour
- The Langham
- Auckland Takapuna Oaks
- Hilton Hotel Auckland
- Hotel Pullman Auckland
In regard to your budget constraints, you may resort to moderately priced cottages, hotels or lodges. You have a choice to avail any from the following:
- Econo Lodge City Central
- The Spencer On Byron Hotel
- Econo Lodge City Central
- Ascotia Off Queen
- Hotel Mercure Auckland
- Best Western President Hotel Auckland