Cheap one-way & return flights to Mongolia from London
Which are the popular airlines flying to Mongolia?
- British Airways
- Air France
- Turkish Airlines
Are there any direct flights to Mongolia?
There are no direct flights available for Mongolia from the United Kingdom. All airlines operate indirect flights to Mongolia, the majority of which are code-shared flights. The top operators of connecting flights to Mongolia are Turkish Airlines and Aeroflot.
What is the flight duration from UK to Mongolia?
- The minimum flight duration from London Heathrow to Mongolia is 11 hours and 10 minutes. Aeroflot is the operating airline and Moscow is the layover. Chinggis Khaan International Airport is the receiving airport for these flights to Mongolia.
- The flight duration from London Gatwick to Mongolia (Chinggis Khaan International Airport) is 16 hours and 30 minutes with Turkish Airlines. This includes the layover time at Istanbul Airport.
- From Birmingham, it takes 13 hours and 45 minutes minimum for a flight to reach Mongolia. This flight is code-shared between KLM and Aeroflot and flies via Amsterdam and Moscow.
- The flight time between Manchester and Mongolia (Chinggis Khaan International Airport) is 13 hours and 35 minutes minimum. These are two-stop flights operated by Air France and Aeroflot (code-shared). There is a layover in Paris and another in Moscow.
- From Edinburgh to Mongolia, the flight duration is 13 hours and 50 minutes with KLM and Aeroflot (code-shared flights). The flight reaches Chinggis Khaan International Airport via Amsterdam and Moscow.
When can I find the cheapest flights to Mongolia?
You can find the cheapest flights to Mongolia if you choose to fly anywhere between November and February, as it is winter there. Also, you would be doing yourself a favour if you book 3-4 months before your departure as booking in advance gets you an even cheaper deal. If watching snowfall in another part of the world is something you are looking for, or maybe you want to visit the Gobi Desert in the cooler months, then this period is suitable for you. The majority of budget travellers visit Mongolia during this time of the year.
Are cheap flights to Mongolia available with Turkish Airlines?
Turkish Airlines is the leading operator of cheap flights to Mongolia from the UK. The airline offers connecting flights from the London Gatwick Airport, the Manchester Airport, the Edinburgh Airport, and the Birmingham Airport. All flights land at the Istanbul Airport for a layover. You can reach us through social media or allow us to update you on the latest deals by Turkish Airlines by subscribing to our newsletter.
Which is the main international airport in Mongolia?
The Chinggis Khaan International Airport is your gateway into Mongolia. It happens to be the largest airport in Mongolia, situated in the outskirts of the capital city of Ulaanbaatar (18 kilometres from the city centre). ULN is the IATA code for this airport. Work is underway on the New Ulaanbaatar International Airport which will replace the Chinggis Khaan International Airport in the near future for international flights to and from Ulaanbaatar
What are the major tourist attractions in Mongolia?
- Gorkhi-Terelj National Park
- Gobi Gurvansaikhan National Park
- Orkhon Valley
- Gandantegchinlen Monastery
- Sükhbaatar Square
- Flaming Cliffs
- Khustai Mountains Camp
- Erdene Zuu Monastery
- National Museum of Mongolia
- Ögii Lake
Flights and flight-inclusive holidays on this website are financially protected by the ATOL scheme. However some are not and at time of booking you confirm what protection is applicable. This website is a part of Moresand Ltd (registration no. 02114691) T/A Travelhouseuk registered in England and wales . Office , 10-11 Percy St, Fitzrovia, London W1T 1DN. All bookings protected under the ATOL scheme will receive an ATOL certificate. In cases where a part payment is made that flight booking is ATOL protected. In some cases a certificate does not indicate all the trip segments - this means the omitted parts are not ATOL protected). Please refer to our booking conditions for further information please visit www.atol.org.uk/ATOLCertificate