A member of the Middle East with a growing reputation in its political affairs and its tourism industry, this country has cashed in on its natural gas and oil revenues to develop cities, which are fast at catching the eyes of tourists throughout the world. Primarily it is the capital, Doha, which attracts the largest number of guests, who come in to be enchanted by the Museum of Islamic Art or the city’s magnificent mosques. Be sure to visit The Pearl, an artificial island built on the coast of Doha, which excites the tourists with its resorts, beaches, five-star hotels and entertainment facilities. Flights to Qatar might just come in handy to those looking to spend vacations in a place, which offers peace, luxury and accessibility. Let TravelHouseUK assist you in obtaining best air travel options according to your preference.
Recent flight searches for cheap tickets to Qatar 2020/2021
Which Airlines Fly To Qatar From The UK?
- Qatar Airways
- Turkish Airlines
- Middle East Airlines
- Kuwait Airways
- Royal Air Maroc
- Jet Airways
- Royal Jordanian
- Oman Air
- Ethiopian Airlines
Which airlines operate direct flights to Qatar?
- Qatar Airways operates non-stop flights between the United Kingdom and Qatar. It operates 6 flights per day from London Heathrow to Hamad International Airport.
- Qatar Airways operates 2 flights per day (3 flights on Fridays and Saturdays) from London Gatwick to Hamad International Airport. Qatar Airways 330 and Qatar Airways 328 fly on all days of the week. Qatar Airways 332 flies only on Fridays and Saturdays.
- Qatar Airways operates 2 daily flights from Manchester Airport to Hamad International Airport. On Mondays and Saturdays, 3 flights are made. On these particular days, Qatar Airways 24 flies in addition to Qatar Airways 22 and Qatar Airways 28.
- From Birmingham to Qatar (Hamad International Airport), Qatar Airways operates a single flight on a daily basis. Qatar Airways 36 flies on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays. Qatar Airways 34 flies on Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- From Edinburgh, Qatar Airways operates a single flight daily for Hamad International Airport, Qatar. Qatar Airways 32 flies on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays whereas Qatar Airways 30 flies on Sundays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
How long is the flight duration from UK to Qatar?
- The minimum flight duration from London Heathrow to Qatar is 6 hours and 50 minutes on non-stop flights with Qatar Airways. Hamad International Airport is the receiving airport for flights from the UK. Royal Jordanian offers the minimum time on connecting from London Heathrow to Qatar - 8 hours and 20 minutes via Amman.
- The minimum time duration for direct flights from London Gatwick to Qatar (Hamad International Airport) is 6 hours and 40 minutes with Qatar Airways. Turkish Airlines fly via Istanbul and complete their flights in minimum time duration of 9 hours and 50 minutes.
- From Manchester Airport to Hamad International Airport (Qatar), Qatar Airways makes direct flights that offer a minimum flight duration of 6 hours and 55 minutes. Turkish Airlines run the shortest connecting flights from Manchester to Qatar that take 9 hours and 50 minutes. Istanbul is the stopover for these flights.
- Qatar Airways offers the minimum time duration on non-stop flights from Birmingham Airport to Hamad International Airport. These flights take 6 hours and 40 minutes. Turkish Airlines takes 9 hours and 50 minutes to reach Qatar via Istanbul. This is the shortest connecting flight for this route. From Edinburgh Airport to Hamad International Airport, Qatar Airways operates direct flights that take 7 hours.
When is the best time to visit Qatar?
From December to March, Qatar remains the perfect getaway from the harsh winter weather in other parts of the world. During these months, temperatures are pleasant with daily highs in the mid 20s with occasional rainfall. As far as the weather goes Qatar really only has two seasons: hot and terribly hot summer. Summers (April to November) have averaged daily highs above 40 degrees. The only escape from heat waves is air-conditioning but if travellers spend all their time indoors they will be missing out on a lot of outdoor attractions. So December-March period is the peak-season for tourism.
Which is the cheapest month of the year to fly to Qatar?
The summer season (from April to November) is exceedingly long and extremely hot. Specifically between late June and early August, temperatures skyrocket with average highs of more than 40 °C. Since Doha is situated in the west in the peninsula from the Persian Gulf, not many people dare to visit the country during this period. This is the reason why discounted airfares and holiday promotion deals are common. First-rate accommodations can be availed at significantly cheaper rates during the low-season.
Which airlines operate flight to Qatar more frequently?
British Airways and Qatar Airways provide most frequent flights to Doha from the UK. Both carriers are efficient in terms of flight availability and price and are, therefore, preferred for Qatar flights. Some Middle Eastern airlines like MEA and Royal Jordanian also offer flights to Doha with one stopover, on a daily basis.
How many flights are there from London to Qatar weekly?
There are 175 different combinations of flights that connect London to Doha every week. The largest share of these flights comes from Qatar Airways. Passengers board a Qatar Airways aircraft with more than a hundred flights every week from the UK, out of which fifty-five weekly flights are from London alone. Other airlines that often travel to Qatar include British Airways, Middle Eastern Airlines and Air France.
Why do you recommend booking a flight to Qatar with Travelhouseuk?
Travelhouseuk is among the most renowned travel agencies in the United Kingdom. Serving the British people for more than a decade has been our pride and joy. We believe in building relationships and not just business partnerships and so have been able to retain many loyal customers. We implore our new customers to make an educated decision, check our reviews and talk to our agents before making us their travel partners. Please visit the Trustpilot website and go through the feedback our clients have shared on that independent platform. You can also follow us on Facebook and chat with our customers who are regularly in touch with us to help you make your mind.
We are looking forward to providing you with personalised services on your trips to Qatar and beyond.
How can I find best offers for the Qatar flights from London?
Every year around the Christmas season, we offer great deals on flights to Qatar and the rest of the world. There is no need to fret if you want to leave for the country in urgency, but are unable to get a last-minute flight to Qatar. Just call our agents 020 3137 1339 and ask them if we are currently giving any discounts on Qatar flight tickets. In any case, you can always benefit from the “Fly Now Pay Later” payment plans. Just give a small amount upfront and then pay the remaining money on instalments. Check with our travel experts on 020 3137 1339 to see if you qualify for this plan and be on your way to Qatar at a fraction of the price and in no time.
Which is the main international airport in Qatar?
Hamad International Airport, having the IATA code DOH, is the main international airport for cheap flights to Qatar from the UK. It is situated at a distance of 15 kilometres from the capital, Doha. There is a single large-scale terminal with 5 concourses that are alphabetically categorized from A to E. This airport is the hub of Qatar Airways.
What are the major tourist attractions in Qatar?
One visit and foreigners will observe that Qatar is not just sand dunes and hills. It is one of the most cultural and significant economic centres in the region. The options are quite unlimited. Highlights are:
Historical Forts: Qatar is a blend of contemporary development as well as historical heritage that has been retained amongst its forts, such as the majestic Doha Fort. Presently, it is being utilized as a public museum. The Al Koot Fort is located in the city centre on Al Asmakh Street. It is left well-lit after nightfall to leave a majestic impact across the skyline, with the main focus on its fortifications and linings. Moreover, Al Wajbah Fort located in the area of Al Wajbah in Al Rayyan still stands as the oldest fort in the country – built in 1882.
Mathaf Museum of Modern Art: This museum is situated about 14 kilometres from central Doha. Displays run along the inside walls of the museum. On a closer inspection, the interior layout of the museum itself, with its broad corridors and antiseptic hallways, will emerge as a marvel. Besides paintings and mosaic work, statues and inscriptions also add to the experience. Collections of isolated fragments and less significant artworks are set up in secondary galleries.
The Weaponry Museum: The Weaponry Museum, similarly, has a lot to exhibit. An aspiring collection of old firearms, arquebuses, swords and even daggers which belonged to the earlier empires which ruled over the history of the region are on display here.
Islamic Museums and Heritage Sites: The Museum of Islamic Art stands as the biggest highlight amongst all art galleries present in the country. Doha is known for its numerous mosques and contemporary buildings. Islamic heritage can also be observed at the Islamic Culture Museum and Sheikh Faisal bin Qasim Museum. Efforts to represent and preserve national heritage are visible across other institutions, like the State Grand Mosque, the Katara Cultural Village (which regularly holds traditional events) and Al Bidda neighbourhood.
The Wind Tower House: Archaic masterpieces of engineering are also present in the form of the Wind Tower House, which was designed so as to allow maximum ventilation and cooling against the hot weather. The Wind Tower House now hosts a Gulf Architectural Heritage Centre.
What public transportation options are available in Qatar?
Bus: The public bus service is one effort to solve the problem of relatively fewer public transportation options in Qatar. These are state-of-the-art buses with proper air-conditioning and GPS and operate from morning to midnight. Purchasing a reloadable smart card will give commuters access to all public buses in Qatar. The main hub is the Al Ghanim Bus Station from where buses move out in all major directions; Dukhan Al Khor, Mesaieed City, Al Ruwais etc.
Taxi: Taxis are almost universally recognized for their comfortable rides and an overall exclusive experience. Obviously there is no need to be punctual and taxis cover a broader scope than limited bus services. Regulatory authorities in Qatar have only allowed registered taxis to conduct business and all taxis have meters. Want to visit a far away beach or some underrated tourist attraction? That location may not be served by the bus route so take that taxi over there.
Which are the best hotels in Qatar?
- Radisson Blu Hotel - 4-star
- The Royal Riviera Hotel - 4-star
- Amari Hotel - 4-star
- Ramada Encore - 4-star
- Somerset West Bay Hotel - 4-star
- Oryx Airport Hotel - 3-star
- Al Muntazah Plaza - 3-star
- Rawda Hotel - 3-star
- La Villa Inn Hotel Apartments - 3-star
- Liberty Suites - 3-star