Thai climate can be mainly divided into three seasons: from May to October it’s rainy, from November to February it’s cool and from March to May it’s hot. Rainy season is the most unpredictable of all. The intensity and length of this season varies from year to year. However, rain can occur anytime of the year as Thailand lies in tropical region.
The best time to visit Thailand is during cool season. Temperature is more pleasant and rain is far less as compared to other months of the year. Waterfalls are flowing with their full spate and upland flowers are blooming. But, keep in mind this season is also the busiest one. We would suggest you to book flights well in advance for getting cheaper rates.
Whether you're travelling for a short trip or packing for a long trip, there are some absolutely necessary belongings you would like to take along with you. Thus, we have compiled a list of airlines which are offering flights to Thailand with their corresponding baggage allowance:
- While ensuring the general practices of free baggage allowance, pack your check in luggage weighing 30 kg for Economy Class and Premium Economy Class travel with Thai Airways.
- Emirates Airlines has one of the world's most munificent baggage policies. Economy Class customers can check in up to 35kg. Business Class flights travellers are entitled to carry luggage weighing 40kg and if you are flying as a Premium Class traveller, then be privileged to pack as much as you can in 50kg of checked in baggage.
- If you opt to travel with British Airways you can carry one hang bag and an additional cabin bag, whereas for check- in luggage its 1 bag of maximum 23kg for Economy Class, 2 bags of maximum 23 kg each for Premium Economy and 3 bags of maximum 32kg each for Business Class.
- If your journey includes travelling with Qatar Airways then your check- in luggage can be 50 kg for First Class, 40 kg for Business Class and 30 kg for Economy Class.
- Etihad Airways, following the piece system in a most generous way, agrees to check you in with one piece of 23kg in Economy Class and Economy Savers. Economy Class and Economy Flex passengers may carry up to 2 pieces weighing 23kg each. Business Class and First Class passengers have an edge to carry 2 bags of 32kg each.
- As per the conventions of Malaysia Airlines, itinerants have an opportunity to carry 30 kg in Economy Class. Owing to budget flexibility and requirements for luggage on a particular voyage, commuters may choose to travel with Business and First Class of Malaysia Airlines with an approval to carry 40 kg with former one and 50 kg for First Class.
- KLM offers the free baggage allowances which are suitable to many commuters regardless of other variables. Thus, you can limit your baggage to= one piece of 23 kg for the Economy Class and two pieces of 32 kg each for Business Class flights. You can carry a hand luggage of 12 kg in the former and 18 kg in the latter.
- On flights with Austrian Airlines, free baggage allowance depending upon on the travel class is one piece per 23 kg for Economy Class. For Business Class, it is 2 pieces weighing 32 kg each.
- EVA Air allows two bags of 20kg combined in Economy Class and two bags of 30kg combined in Business Class flights.
Rates of accommodation tend to fluctuate throughout the year, increasing in peak season and lowering down in off season. Best budget accommodations are offered in bungalows and guesthouses. Rural areas and beaches have both of these types. Their services include safe locker for your valuables and luggage, cheap restaurant, tour desk and internet access. They are designed to cater needs of every budget size.
However, travelers who are on a business trip or want better accommodation facilities prefer to stay in tourist hotels in Thailand. In this category middle-ranking hotels, expensive and luxury hotels are included. International hotel chains like Marriott, Sofitel and Sheraton are also operating in Thailand.
For backpackers, it is best to stay in youth hostels. There are over dozen registered and numerous unregistered hostels. However, their rates can be higher than budget guesthouses. Another option is to get home stay accommodation which is not only cheapest among all but also gives you a chance to learn and understand local culture.
Regardless of your choice, it is best to book accommodation in advance. This will not only ensure the availability of room but also you can also get facilitated in economical price.