Search and compare airfares to Charleston using our unique airfare search engine. We let you search for some of the best possible deals with some of the leading airlines that are flying to Charleston International Airport. Enter 'Charleston Flights' in the search tab and the date of your departure and you are good to go. The results will feature all the major airlines flying on your intended departure date with their airfares so you can choose accordingly.
Recent flight searches for cheap tickets to Charleston 2020/2021
Which Airlines Operate Flights To Charleston from UK?
- American Airlines
- British Airways
- Virgin Atlantic
- Delta Air Lines
- Air France
- United Airlines
- Iberia Airlines
- Austrian Airlines
How long is the flight to Charleston from UK?
- The trip from London Heathrow Airport to Charleston is about 11 hours long. The stopover of this flight is in Charlotte, in North Carolina, regardless of the airline that you chose.
- Flying from Manchester to Charleston usually takes about 16 hours to complete the journey. The flight stops over at Philadelphia, Orlando or Charlotte before continuing on its course.
- Flights from Birmingham to Charleston can come with two stopovers. The trip is 15 hours long and stops over at a European Airport first before stopping over at New York or Atlanta.
- The London Gatwick Airport to Charleston flights are a bit longer. These flights are 19 hours long with significantly long stopovers in between.
Are there any direct flights to Charleston from UK?
British Airways has announced that it plans to have a direct flight operating from London Heathrow Airport to Charleston from April 2019 onwards. The cost of the direct flight ticket is set to be only at £830 on select dates. Please visit our blog page for further details and stay tuned for additional detailed for direct flights to Charleston form the UK.
What are the major international airports in Charleston?
Charleston International Airport (CHS) serves the city of Charleston. Both the civil and military authorities jointly run the airport, so along with commercial airlines, you can also see a few military planes taking off from the airport’s runway. Charleston International is currently the 64th busiest international airport in the United States and the busiest airport in the State of South Carolina. About 4 million passengers used the services of the airport in 2017. Charleston Airport is approximately 20 kilometres from the city centre.
What is the best time to visit Charleston?
The best time to visit Charleston is in the months of March, April and May. Charleston adorns a new charm when spring arrives, and the magnolia trees erupt with flowers. Not only is Charleston gearing up to celebrate Easter at this time, but there is also little to no chance of rain. It is also worth mentioning that the months of June and July, though warmer as the temperatures can go beyond 30°C, are the busiest months with regards to tourism. So come in early for milder weather and be a part of the Charleston summer before all the rooms get booked.
What is the cheapest time of year to fly to Charleston?
The autumn is the cheapest time of the year to fly to Charleston. Autumn puts Charleston’s blooming flowers to sleep, and the weather gets a bit chillier, but this does not stop the people of the city from celebrating. There are more festivals in Charleston in this part of the year that range from music festivals to light shows. With vacant hotel rooms and reduced demand for tickets into Charleston, the prices drop drastically making this the cheapest time to visit the city of Charleston.
What are the entry requirements to Charleston for British travellers?
The Visa Waiver Program allows the British passport holder to enter the United States; there are a few conditions that need to be met first.
Please use an e-Passport and get your documents attested by the ESTA (Electronic System of Travel Authorization). It is also a requirement that you have no or negligible criminal history. Dual nationals of Iran, Iraq, Sudan or Syria are restricted from entering the country. The State Department of the United States also does not allow people to enter the country who have travelled to Libya, Iran, Iraq, Somalia, Sudan, Syria or Yemen since March 2011.
What are the major landmarks in Charleston?
Charleston has a vibrant cultural history. The city played an essential role in the American Civil War. Charleston is known for its preserved architectural style and Michelin star restaurants and attracts a large number of tourists from both within the country and abroad.
- The first major battle of the American Civil War was fought at Fort Sumter. The national monument of Fort Sumter includes a museum that exhibits the rift between the North and South of the country that eventually resulted in the civil war. Tour guides and American history buffs at the fort and the museum educate the tourist and indicate the special status of the 33-stared flag that was retrieved from the fort when the Confederacy took control. The site is a must visit and is always packed with keen tourists.
- Magnolia Plantation and Gardens is one of the oldest plantation houses in the state. Thomas Drayton bought the Magnolia plantation in 1676 and maintained it as a private garden. The garden is still owned by the family, even after 15 generations and now opens its doors to the community at large, free of cost. The plantation has the Barbados Tropical Garden which is an indoor heaven of tropical trees and plants. The Biblical garden at the estate only has the plants and trees that are mentioned in the bible.
- The City Market of Charleston is described as ‘a building of highest architectural design’. It was built in the 1790s and contains the city’s spirit in many ways. Visit the City Market and tap into the old vibe of the town. The building is still painted in its original colours and was the first open market of the city. Before the building was designated as an architectural wonder, it used to be surrounded by fruit sellers and vegetable markets. The building is still regarded as the heart of the city.
What are the transportation options available to tourists within Charleston?
Getting around Charleston is relatively easy. The local bus has routes throughout the city that move people from station to station quickly. The city is also quite navigable by foot, and it is the preferred mode of travelling through the beautiful inner city, provided that the weather is clear. Taxis are also readily available in the city. They are generally considered safe and are only but a whistle away. Uber and other applications of the sort also allow the tourist to move from one corner of the city to the opposite end.
Which five-star hotels and accommodation are available for stay in Charleston?
There are many five star hotels and luxury accommodations available in Charleston. These hotels concentrate the hospitality and the old school southern charm for the traveller to enjoy. Please choose the hotels listed below.
- Belmond Charleston Place
- The Dewberry Charleston
- Town & Country Inn and Suites
- King Charles Inn
- The Vendue Charleston's Art Hotel