Cheap flights to Austin
In search of some of the best deals on flights to Austin? Use our highly thorough search channel to get hold on some of the best bargain deals on flights flying directly or indirectly to Austin-Bergstrom International Airport. All you need to do is type 'Austin Flights' in the search tab that you see, enter the intended dates of travelling and the flight preference that you seek, i.e. direct or indirect. The results will show you some of the best airfare deals with the leading airlines flying to your intended destination.
Recent flight searches for cheap tickets to Austin 2020/2021
Which Airlines Operate Flights To Austin from UK?
- British Airways
- American Airlines
- United Airlines
- Delta Air Lines
- Virgin Atlantic
- Air France
- Air Canada
How long is the flight to Austin from UK?
- The indirect flight to Austin from London Heathrow is 11 to 13 hours long. The flights to Austin may be stopping over at Charlotte, Chicago or Atlanta, depending on the airline you chose.
- The journey from Manchester to Austin is 11 to 14 hours long. These flights reach their destination via Atlanta, Philadelphia or London.
- Aeroplanes that are starting their journey from Birmingham Airport arrive at Austin in about 16 hours. These flights either go via Paris or New York.
- The flights from London Gatwick to Austin have a flight duration of 14 to 18 hours. These air trips have a stopover at New York or Orlando.
Are there any direct flights to Austin from UK?
Yes, American Airlines, British Airways, Iberia and Finnair provide direct flights from London to Austin. These flights are currently operated from only the London Heathrow Airport. With a direct flight to Austin from London, you can be in the ‘City of the Violet Crown’ in just 9 hours and 25 minutes.
What is the best time to visit Austin?
The best time to visit Austin is from February to May and then from September to early November. This period is, of course, best with regards to the weather conditions of the city. Many tourists do come in the hot summer as well when different parades and events are celebrated in the town. Austin is one of the safest cities in the United States. The months mentioned above are ideal for some exploring into the heart of Austin and to roam in the corridors of the Texas State Capitol Building. Austin’s weather is unpredictable, as moisture-bearing winds from the south can counter the dry winds blowing from the nearby Chihuahuan Desert. However, in spring the skies remain open, and the sun feels warm.
What is the cheapest time of year to fly to Austin?
The cheapest time of the year to fly to Austin is in November, just a few weeks before the start of the holiday season. Many seasonal travellers to the city call off their plans until the winter break, which provides us with the golden opportunity of booking cheap and empty hotels and discounted aeroplane seats, as the demand decreases. November is also not a bad time to visit the city weather-wise, although it gets a little cold. Austin can, at times, experience surprise thunderstorms which can be overwhelming but usually, such rainy days are not experienced in November.
What are the major international airports in Austin?
The international airport in Austin, Texas is known as the Austin – Bergstrom International Airport (AUS). The airport was used by 14 million passengers in 2018 and is located only 10 kilometres from the Austin city centre. The car ride to the centre of the city is only 15 minutes long, so Austin is very accessible.
What are the entry requirements to Austin for British travellers?
To enter the United States, please have your valid British ePassport certified by the ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorisation), which would then be used to apply for the Visa Waiver Program (VWP). Through this waiver program, the British traveller would be able to visit the US for up to 90 days. Usually, British citizens get the visa if they do not have a significant criminal history, are not dual nationals of Iran, Iraq, Sudan or Syria and have not been to Libya, Iran, Iraq, Somalia, Sudan or Syria since March 2011.
What are the major landmarks in Austin?
Austin became the capital of Texas when it was an independent state, and after it joined the American union, the city continued to play an integral part in the country’s politics. Austin has preserved its natural and cultural heritage. The city is famously known for its three lakes that are always at the centre of sports activities and music festivals for the general public.
- Texas State Capitol is the main building from which the government of the State of Texas exercises its authority. The State Capitol was built in 1888, inspired by the US Capitol in Washington DC. The building is of the utmost importance in Austin’s cultural sphere, and some laws prevent new construction to obstruct the view of the Capitol building. There are an art gallery and a museum in the Capitol building, where portraits of the former presidents and governors of Texas are on exhibit. Tours to the State Capitol are held regularly and take the tourists through its majestic corridors.
- Zilker Park is a recreational area for the Austinites. The 350-acre park has its own natural springs that feed the Zilker pool in the park. There are sports fields, manicured lawns and picnic areas in the park. The waters from the Barton Springs also bring the Zilker Botanical Gardens to life. The expansive garden is perfect for all sorts of outdoor activities and events. There are many concerts and music festivals conducted at Zilker Park.
- McKinney Falls State Park is another recreational area, near the airport in Austin. It was initially a private property at first, but the land was donated to the city and designated as a park. The falls are fed by the onion creek that is a part of the Texan Colorado River. Some trails run through the park and reintroduce the traveller to nature in all its vibrancy. The park is often visited by university students who often swim in the Park’s pristine waters. The reserve is teeming with life, and there are rabbits, fox squirrels and mockingbirds living in the area.
What are the transportation options available to tourists within Austin?
Austin is not a hilly city, and the areas of interest for a tourist are very close to each other. This makes the city ideal to explore on foot. There is also a thriving bike culture in the city. The initiative is known as the yellow bike project where you can get a bike and cycle through the streets of Austin. The city’s public bus system is known as the Capital Metro. All one-way trips on the bus cost $ 1.25 and a day passes in for only $ 2.50. There are rent-a-cars available in all shape and sizes, but if all else fails, there is always the taxi – all you need to do is wave one over!
Which five-star hotels and accommodation are available for stay in Austin?
There are plenty of luxurious hotels in Austin. Please have a look at our list and chose one for your vacation.
- Kimpton Hotel Van Zandt
- InterContinental Stephen F. Austin
- Four Seasons Hotel Austin
- Hyatt Place Austin Downtown
- Omni Austin Hotel Downtown
- Make sure you do not miss out on the music festivals as Austin is known as the Live Music Capital.
- Make sure you do not go to dark and dingy places alone at night